Magi: Wealth, power, and even immortality if you wish. Tell me what it is you want?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Sooo, I'm an episode behind, but I'm just gonna throw out that the first 3 episodes together already feel complete and fulfilling and that's a very good feeling to me. Loved the scene between Morgiana and the other slave, and the ending song is great, so happy and uplifting.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Cadence » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 pm

The whole time Paimon and Aladdin were chatting I was thinking "Is no one going to go help poor Seishun???" D:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm

those tigers took a knee to the face like champs
blkmage

Postby Cadence » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am

I have a hard time choosing a favorite character in Magi, but I think Morgiana is the one to most consistently come out on top. She's pretty fantastic. The Fanalis are the best.

This was the last episode I get to see for a while, and it was pretty darn good. I'm satisfied. I'm starting to get used to the fast pace. I thought Sahsa and Leila were going to be left out after they didn't appear in the first episode, so I was pleasantly surprised by their appearance.

Also, that next episode preview!!![spoiler]My favorite supporting character got half a second of screen-time, yeeeeees. I admit I really wanted Sugita Tomokazu as Sinbad, but OnoD sounds like he is going to be surefine.[/spoiler]
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby GeneD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am

Ep. 7: I am thankful for giant leaves.

This was a fairly predictable episode but not bad. I like Sinbad and his people.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Loving Magi more and more every week. :D SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Alibaba is back! :D I really liked how Morgiana insisted on fighting. It is seriously hard to choose a favorite character for this show; everyone is just so cool! I can't help but love it.
"Contract?"
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby SierraLea » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Where can I find this online!? It's right up my alley!
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby blkmage » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Crunchyroll
blkmage

Postby GeneD » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 am

Ep 8: Morgiana is the best thing on two legs. Two really strong legs. Alibaba backstory was cool, though I thought they ended the episode sort of in a strange place in the story.

I appreciate how some (seemingly) random/minor characters and villains are also drawn in the style of the main characters, like the ruler guy in the beginning, one of those three thieves and the people of Alibaba's group. I.E. the "cute" style isn't only reserved for main characters and everyone else doesn't look as good. Mmm, I don't know if I'm making any sense, maybe it's just me.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Re: Magi: Wealth, power, and even immortality if you wish. Tell me what it is you want?

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Ugo! ;o;
goldenspines

Re: Magi: Wealth, power, and even immortality if you wish. Tell me what it is you want?

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm

why is everyone in this show so moe (▰´◡`▰)
blkmage

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Ugo!? D:

... This week's episode (and last couple weeks for that matter) have successfully pushed Magi to the top of my list for this season!
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm

and this is why it's important for independent economies to maintain their own central banks
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:42 pm

I think this show has made me a HanaKana fan.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 am

It's one of her more interesting roles, yes.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:02 am

I, personally, almost couldn't believe they kept the scene in where SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Morg walks in on Ali while he has his rear in the air. That was just tooo funny! xD But it also kinda serves a purpose of sorts - kind of breaks the ice between them since she has this dirt on him. It helps that I'm far enough in the manga where I know that Morg SPOILER: Highlight text to read: has feelings for Alibaba and watching them interact brings me a great amount of happiness.

I'm also wondering if this will get turned into a 2-season show, since I'm pretty sure they'll cover all of the manga that's been published at this rate.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Really? It seems like there are a ton of chapters out or maybe I'm underestimating the pace of the anime.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Judging by the number of chapters I've read and how many I -think- are out, we're about a third of the way through what's out so far. Of course, the beginning was much more compressed (the first chapter is pretty much cut out entirely) than I think the more recent episodes have been that estimate could be off, but I made it to like the late 40's and that was when Judal was trashing Aladdin, I think like Ugo had just been stabbed where I left off.

That said, I'm pretty sure this is going to get more based on the spike in sales for the manga and the ratings (It made it into the top ten!).
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:44 pm

no one told me this was going to be polisci 101
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm

My new obsession with Kougyouku might be unhealthy but I don't think I really care.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Crossfire » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 am

So, I guess I should should post here instead of spamming the WAAYW thread. I'm running a mini-marathon of Maji, as of this post I've finished episode six. A full episode of Morgiana kicking **** and taking names, just what I needed.

Edit: Finished episode 14, I'm all caught up now. This is definitely my favourite series of 2012, I can't believe it's taken me until now to watch it.
Crossfire

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Is it bad that I was kind of hoping that Alibaba would actually cut Kassim's head off? Otherwise, great episode and Ugooooooo nooooooooo.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Crossfire » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm

I hope Alibaba doesn't lack the resolve to kill Kassim in the next episode, considering the dude's... "new look".
Crossfire

Postby blkmage » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:11 pm

mor-san kawaii yo mor-san

blkmage

Postby Crossfire » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

"Mata mite ne!"... never heard that one before. *jots down note*
Crossfire

Postby Crossfire » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 am

Well, Magi is about to end. That makes me sad.

On the plus side, I think these are the coolest villains yet. Issac reminds me of a character from Fire Emblem...
Crossfire

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:58 am

Crossfire wrote:On the plus side, I think these are the coolest villains yet. Issac reminds me of a character from Fire Emblem...

Oo, oo, which one? I want to see if I know who you're talking about.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Crossfire » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Ah, well, not a proper character per se... his fighting style reminds me of the "Ruffian" units from Awakening. I guess that can extend to any unit who stabs/thrusts with a sword, though.
Crossfire

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Ah, I see. I haven't played Awakening yet, and no one will tell me if it's any good. I'm nervous that it's cheesy and not as good as the older ones.

Anyway, to stay on topic. I watched the first ep of this show, and I really like it, so far. Anyone else see a striking similarity between Alibaba and Oz from Pandora Hearts? Appearance-wise, anyway. I agree with whoever mentioned the awkwardness of Aladdin's...obssession. I wouldn't mind if that wasn't there.

I'm resisting the urge to read the posts in this thread, because I'm going to kick myself if I accidentally read a spoiler.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Crossfire » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Magi 24. Alibaba pulled an Anakin Skywalker... I didn't see that one coming. Now all I need is a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" scene in the last episode.
Crossfire

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews