The Grand Search for the Best Anime of the 2000s

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:39 am

I think TuTu being out is a function of it being less widely seen than FMA:B.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Maokun » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 am

I can agree. It is one of the few titles in the top 16 that I haven't watched. It's on my list now.

As we enter a new round, another bunch of factoids:

-Year 2006 impressively managed to keep 3 out of its 4 titles and now it's the only year to have more than one contestant in the quarter finals.
-Spirited Away is now the only title left from before 2006.
-2008 is now the only year post 2005 not to have a representative in the quarter finals.
-There's an even split of 4 between movies and TV series.
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is the only title in the bunch that didn't reach the finals in its own year... the two finalists of that year are still in the contest as well.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Maokun » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Time to get started with the quarter finals! Let's jump right into it:

[SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]The Girl Who Leapt Through Time[/color] VS [color="Red"]Spirited Away[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][color="Lime"]Summer Wars[/color] VS [color="DarkOrange"]Baccano![/color][/SIZE]

Voting will be open until Monday at 21:00 EST. Make sure of letting us know the reasons behind your choices!

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I generally find Studio Ghibi overrated. The reason is because there's more than just one reason Miyazaki is called Japan's Walt Disney.

Except for a select few, both of their films look nice, but really all have the same plot, more or less.

Baccano!

Summer Wars was a fun flick to see but I put it with Studio Ghibi movies in the " big family entertainment summer blockbuster film" genre,
Of course such type of film has its amount of saccharine.
Neane

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Such decisions...

I've watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time many more times than Spirited Away. It's one of the three titles (the other two being Haibane Renmei and Millennium Actress) that I use for "anime evangelism", loaning (or giving) out copies so that people who know nothing of the medium can understand what it is capable of.

The other competition is largely a matter of taste. The same studio that produced tokikake, Madhouse, a studio that I respect alongside Ghibli as one of the most creative and best, certainly had good intentions for Summer Wars. But I found the execution heavy and cumbersome, an attempt at staging an anime Nicholas Nickleby that ultimately failed.

Meanwhile, Baccano! was a breath of fresh air, although admittedly more violent and gruesome than the sort of titles I try to spread among those unfamiliar with the art. On style issues alone, Baccano! wins the competition; the drama and action, along with the supernatural twist, are icing on the cake. Because the anime only tells a part of the story, it is a little difficult to see it as a complete work (as Summer Wars is), but for purposes of this competition, it is the one I see as better.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Vii » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:14 pm

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
I could probably write something more intelligent here...but I'm drawing a blank so I'll just go with "It's a great film!"
Vii

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:22 pm

As much as I love Summer Wars (and I gave it a 10), I'm not going to vote in that match because I haven't read (no less seen) Baccano! yet.

As for the first match, though, my vote is definitely Spirited Away. :) I won't rehash all the stuff I said earlier about TGWLTT here, but basically, while I could say a lot of great things about both SA (which I gave a 9) and even TGWLTT (until a certain point...), my reasoning on this decision basically boils down to being very satisfied with the former and not so with the latter, so that's why SA is getting my vote. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:28 pm

The Girl who Lept through Time: As I've already said, truly a filmaking masterpiece. I'm a big sucker for any movie that deals with time travel.

Baccano: While I haven't seen either one, Baccano looks really awesome, and whenver I finish Durarara!! (which I am currently in the second half of), I can imagine myself loving this series even more.
Zeldafan2

Postby skreyola » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Spirited Away, because it makes me feel good. :)

Neither of these two was my pick in the previous round, but I'll vote for Summer Wars, for underdog lurvs.
skreyola

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time--Despite my problems with it (which are the same as MangaRocks's, I think), I still liked it more than Spirited Away. TGWLTT's focus on friendships and growing up was just more my thing, and Spirited Away, while really pretty... never thrilled me.

Summer Wars--I'd need to re-watch Baccano to be sure, but I think both titles are pretty much flawless so this is just me having a soft spot for Summer Wars (see earlier post).
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby KnightOfFive » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 am

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Because it deserves the spot. I liked Spirited Away but I liked the basic concept for this bettter.

Baccano! Mostly because Summer Wars is more than a bit weird and Baccano provides plenty of intrigue.
Most warriors would find it beneath them to attack a girl. Especially when she wasn't looking. No person with any honor or pride would ever do such a thing. I bid you farewell and good riddance. You're not even worth lamenting.-Uryu Ishida
KnightOfFive

Postby Maokun » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:29 am

Well, I guess we've arrived to the point that each choice will be difficult, but I'm going for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Both movies are awesome and Spirited Away definitely takes the cake in technical achievements with its gorgeous, imaginative, perpetually fluid world. However, when it comes to storytelling -despite having some clever twists and developments- SA's plot is pretty basic and commonplace, especially in anime. TGWLTT, on the other hand is super intelligent and surprising and its focus in character development definitely trumps SA's.

Moreover, TGWLTT is filled to the brim with important lessons about responsibility and consequence. Some people seem to mislike the superficially depressing ending. However, I argue that following what the series had been going on about, it was the only ending that made sense

[spoiler]Makoto had been selfishing (if unwittingly) toying with fate and by eliminating bad luck, mistakes, failure -and more importantly- cost from her life, they accumulated catastrophically on the shoulders of everyone else. Chiaki managed to undo most of the bad of the damage by sacrificing himself, and that luckily allowed Makoto to save him as well and return almost everything to a blank slate. However, such miracle needed to come with a cost... a cost representative of all the costs she had been cheating out of until then. It was an important lesson, and judging by her cheery behavior in the last scenes, one she took to heart and produced character growth.[/spoiler]

Baccano! Summer Wars was great even in spite of its flaws which at this point really bear no repeating. It's simply a great movie, original, colorful and touching. However, Baccano! is just something else. Interesting premise, compelling setting, thrilling narrative and unforgettable characters all combine in an experience that -not unlike Gurren Lagann- punches your brain with pure awesome and forces its way into your heart. That's not to say that it is flawless, but pointing the flaws is almost like complaining about the color that the Wright brothers chose for their first working airplane. You just shut up and let your jaw disengage and fall limp in awe.

Maokun

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:05 am

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time because it was much more compelling than Spirited Away.

Summer Wars because

In this shot, Kenji is reading about Shor's Algorithm. Shor's Algorithm is a quantum algorithm that factors numbers efficiently. One of the cornerstones of modern cryptography relies on the assumption that factoring numbers is extremely hard. For now, that assumption has continued to hold and whenever someone is able to factor a sufficiently large number, we just increase the size of the numbers we use and we can always outpace improvements in computing hardware, so we're good for another few years.

However, quantum computing gives us a way to factor numbers efficiently enough that once a feasible quantum computer were to be constructed, pretty much the entirety of our security infrastructure instantly becomes vulnerable. So of course, we know that Kenji, in solving the puzzle that Love Machine sends to him, doesn't rely on classical algorithms, since that'd take on the order of billions of years. No, to be physically feasible, he'd have to have used a quantum algorithm.

Of course, that'd require him to be a quantum computer, but whatever. Let's leave that aside for now and talk about how smart Kenji is to be reading about Shor's algorithm. I had a class on quantum computing in my fourth year of university. That's not to say you need to be in fourth year, but in order to "get" quantum algorithms, you'd need a solid grounding in linear algebra and maybe some background in computational complexity and algorithm analysis, so we're talking the equivalent of two or three years into a math major.

Further reading:
http://www.blkmage.net/2011/03/14/the-1st-annual-%CF%80-day-anime-and-mathematics-lecture/
http://www.blkmage.net/2012/01/12/kenji-the-quantum-computer-part-2/
blkmage

Postby GeneD » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:27 am

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Although I love Spirited Away and I think it looks better, (I've said this before) TGWLTT just tugs more at my heart.

Which is about to be broken.

I thought it would be a good idea to watch Summer Wars before this vote and got hold of it this past weekend, but didn't have time to watch it until now.
OTL Whyyyyy? If I hadn't I could blissfully vote for Baccano! and go along my merry way. Now I can't do that. Summer Wars is really wonderful. It's not perfect but it's very close. The big-family feel is spot on and one can really see the attention to detail that was put into everything. Oz is wonderful and interesting (if a little short sighted on the part of world powers) and this is definitely going on the list of things to show, well, basically everyone I can get in front of a screen.

That said...

I am still voting for Baccano! which is my all time favourite series. It's action, amazing cast of characters and supernatural touches are all things I gravitate towards in entertainment and together just makes a perfect blend that feels like it's tailored to my tastes. Sorry Summer Wars fans, I really wish this wasn't the current match, because I think that SW deserves to go further, and well maybe it does, IM(new)HO is better than the two movies in the other match, but it's up against Baccano! and pretty much no matter what, that's the series I'll go with.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 am

@Maokun: Just to be clear (as I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this more than once before, however it seems to keep going unnoticed :P), it wasn't just the 'superficially depressing ending' you described that was a problem for me (on a sidenote, while I do get it, I still think that it could have been done in a slightly better way); there were other issues as well, namely with the scriptwriter(s) seemingly completely forgetting about several points in the plot that had (again, seemingly) been made rather important beforehand, as well as a couple of other things that just didn't make sense. Even with the 'superficially depressing ending' in terms of the romance, if those latter things had just been explained/fixed I would have been a lot more satisfied with it than I was.

@blkmage: :wow!: Whoa... that's awesome!! *goes off to read the links* :)
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Spirited Away - As interesting as TGWLTT is, I still think Spirited away is the better movie, art and story. I wasn't a fan of the ending and was dissatisfied with how the final parts were done, though I see Maos explanation. Spirited away is a much more haunting piece with some very frightening subtle elements. It also may be my favorite Miyazaki movie... while:

Summer Wars - Is far and away my favorite Hosada film. Baccano is a fantastic series, but Summer wars is so good I still remember most of the movie... and I've only seen it once as opposed to a similar recall for baccano having seen it through... many times. Summer Wars is powerful in all the right ways and gorgeous to boot.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:01 pm

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time because it is a far more interesting, involving, and moving film than Spirited Away could ever dream of being. Also, Sadamoto's character designs are wonderful.

And abstain because that is literally the worst decision this tournament could ever try to have me make. Both are perfect and represent what I'd consider the pinnacle of the medium as far as film and television go.

Though that delicious Katsumi Enami art made me realize I need to see Baccano! again because it's been more than a year, so I'll forgive it this time for proposing such a confrontation.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby airichan623 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Spirited Away because its beautiful and cute and happy and sad and wonderful for all ages.

Baccano! because as much as I love SW, Baccano is truly unique.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Maokun » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:01 pm

@MangaRocks. Sorry, I remembered that someone had posted thoughts before about their dislike for TGWLTT besides disagreement with the tone of the ending, but I didn't remember exactly who. Sorry for catching you in a blanket statement. I'm curious about the unresolved points you find in the movie; PM me if you want to talk about it. :)

Let's see the results for the latest matches:

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time 10
Spirited Away 4

Summer Wars 4
Baccano! 7

Now let's choose the other two semifinalists from these matches:

[SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrange"]Paprika[/color] VS [color="Magenta"]Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica[/color][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood[/color] VS [color="Yellow"]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/color][/SIZE]

Voting will be open until Tuesday at 21:00 EST

Maokun

Postby Neane » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica

Paprika is a fun title from the late Kon, but I do not believe that it is not his best work. Madoka on the other hand, in my opinion, is studio Shaft's best work to date and I believe that it is overall better executed than Paprika.
Neane

Postby KnightOfFive » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Paprika VS Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Abstain I really don't have a dog in that race.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has to beat out the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for me at least. Haruhi is a skillfully written and comedic series which parodies and plays with so many anime staples its astounding. That being said it just doesn't match the epic scale or twisting plot of FMA: B. The large and varied cast with various motivations, goals and schemes. It shows a highly inspiring human struggle through numerous obastacles and tragedies combined with a healthy amount of humor and lots of action. For these reasons I vote for FMA: B.
Most warriors would find it beneath them to attack a girl. Especially when she wasn't looking. No person with any honor or pride would ever do such a thing. I bid you farewell and good riddance. You're not even worth lamenting.-Uryu Ishida
KnightOfFive

Postby Vii » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Madoka Magica - I haven't seen Paprika, but I did enjoy Madoka.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Melancholy is not a favorite of mine. Brotherhood is.
Vii

Postby skreyola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:03 pm

*cries in the corner*

My votes:

Madoka is the only one left that I'd be really satisfied having win. Very compelling, and great artwork.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was fun and wacky, and I've seen it.
skreyola

Postby ClosetOtaku » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Going into analysis mode...

Paprika is a great movie, but parts of it disturbed me. I thought the assault on the restrained title character and some of the final scenes were gratuitous in nature. I have a great deal of respect for Satoshi Kon, but Paprika did not do much to raise his stature. It's a pity, because it was his last major completed work.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, on the other hand, was brilliant, and good enough to develop a backlash against it simply because it was that good. Although Kyubey's lecture on Thermodynamics was perhaps the low point -- and such justification need not be present, all we need to know is that the alien races benefit from the exponential growth in the cyclical contracts, a self-perpetuating feedback mechanism -- the series is a perfect reflection of the human condition. We want what we can't have, we're willing to pay for something far more than it is worth, we are masters at unintended consequences, the game is rigged, and the house always wins -- and the only way to break out is for one completely unselfish person to sacrifice everything. If this doesn't sound familiar, I suggest reading Faust followed by a brief review of your favorite denomination's doctrinal statement.

I tend to prefer series (and stories) that have a definite conclusion, or at least something like that on the horizon, and so I've never been a fan of DragonBall in its various incarnations, or Naruto, Bleach, Once Piece... the list goes on and on. I really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist, and thought the ending was about right for such a melancholy story -- but then Brotherhood hits the scene, and my immediate (and uncharitable) reaction was, "Don't kill the golden goose, eh?". After all, if they couldn't do it right in the first 52 episodes, why did they need another 64?

So, yes, my annoyance factor went off the scale and probably contributed to my negative viewing of this never-ending saga. And, if The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya had ended in the first season, I would have been overjoyed. Instead, we were served up with a lackluster (and even abusive) second season, and a somewhat forgettable movie (Disappearance) to boot. So which to vote for?

Well, it's obvious who I voted for -- but I'm not really happy that either one keeps stringing me along, promising me entertainment and a final conclusion. If it were up to me, they'd both be jettisoned at the first opportunity -- but neither because of what they are, but what they carry along as baggage, which is sort of unfair. But that's the way I see it.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby firestorm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm

I haven't seen any of the 4 apparently fantastic animes that are currently voted being on but I do have to say I wonder if whether it'd had been better to have too have two different votes. One for best movie, and One for best series. Because you can't really compare an anime movie to a series. I mean a series can take it's sweet time to develope your relationship to a character. A Movie has to make them relatable within a couple of hours. A series can create an amazing plots with just 26 episodes. A movie has to get you engaged in a plot in a couple of hours. A series can go so much deeper with its themes than many films if they wanted too, and if written well, a film can go unfathomably deep with its. Basically, an Anime movies and an Anime series have two distinct feelings. So comparing both to get a penultimate anime is a bit too much, isn't it?

Good News: I now have a greatest hits list of Animes I need to watch! :)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby skreyola » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm

@firestorm: True, and that would have been good, but it's a bit late in the game to mention, now. *shrug*
skreyola

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

@Maokun: It's alright :), and thanks-- I may do that. :)

@ClosetOtaku: Guess I'm going to be "that guy" (or, rather, "that girl" ;)) and point out that FMA is actually (and thankfully :)) not a never-ending saga-- rather, since the first FMA series branched away from the manga source after a certain point into completely anime-original material, Brotherhood was later created to actually follow the manga's story. (And that story certainly does have an ending. :))

Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica
At this point, it's a little hard to really say much more about this than both I and others already have :sweat:, but basically: Art, animation, direction, music, atmosphere, and plot-- all awesome, and all very worthy of my vote.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Now, I will add the disclaimer that I kind-of do still need to actually watch this. :sweat: However, the manga is just plain epic (and one of my all-time favorites). And while I do love Haruhi quite a bit, if I weigh the source material for these two series against each other-- the FMA manga vs some of the Haruhi novels-- I have to give it to FMA overall. (Now, if it were FMA:B against the Disappearance movie-- which in my personal opinion was downright amazing in all respects-- this would be a *much* harder choice for me, as I rated that a 10, same as the FMA manga. It's not, however; thus, FMA:B wins this round for me. :))
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby Maokun » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 am

ClosetOtaku (post: 1594184) wrote:And, if The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya had ended in the first season, I would have been overjoyed. Instead, we were served up with a lackluster (and even abusive) second season, and a somewhat forgettable movie (Disappearance) to boot.

Since MangaRocks! already pointed the stuff about FMAB, I'll point that Haruhi Suzumiya's saga is actually a long one since its origin. Season 1 was only the introduction and season 2 became much maligned due the Eternal 8 fiasco, but it actually had plot advancing elements and ended in what I think it's an important cliffhanger: The sudden revelation that the apparently friendly and collaborating factions represented by Haruhi's underlings are actually distrustful of each other and have their own agendas. The unconventional storytelling tricks (and shaky release frequency) actually detract from a solid, ongoing narrative.

firestorm (post: 1594190) wrote:I haven't seen any of the 4 apparently fantastic animes that are currently voted being on but I do have to say I wonder if whether it'd had been better to have too have two different votes. One for best movie, and One for best series. Because you can't really compare an anime movie to a series. I mean a series can take it's sweet time to develope your relationship to a character. A Movie has to make them relatable within a couple of hours. A series can create an amazing plots with just 26 episodes. A movie has to get you engaged in a plot in a couple of hours. A series can go so much deeper with its themes than many films if they wanted too, and if written well, a film can go unfathomably deep with its. Basically, an Anime movies and an Anime series have two distinct feelings. So comparing both to get a penultimate anime is a bit too much, isn't it?

Yeah, I guess that could have been done that way. However, I believe that it's not too difficult to extrapolate certain aspects and make "conversions" to make possible a comparison between a TV series and a movie (not to mention we could be stepping on thin ice when we realize that some of the series are 4-episodes OVAs and others are several years-encompassing epics.)

I have to say that I have yet to see commentary that made me think "oh this person is being unfair to X title because not taking in account its movie-length and cinematic language."

Good News: I now have a greatest hits list of Animes I need to watch! :)

Then this contest has fulfilled its purpose :)

My own votes:

Puella etc. An easy one because I have yet to see Paprika, and though I blindly trust Satoshi Kon, I'm pretty sure that even if I love Paprika, I won't regret voting for Madoka. My reason for this round? Episode 10 alone. That's the stuff legends are made of.

I'm torn on the second match, but in a good way: I'll be happy with either series to advance, but I'm going to give my vote to Haruhi because I believe it's more culturally relevant as one of those rare series that transforms its medium and serves as a landmark of its evolution: Much like Dragon Ball Z, Evangelion and Serial Experiments Lain (and many others) before its time, it changed the way people make and watch anime. Expectations are created among the public and promptly met by producers for better or worse, but the tide changes direction and avoids stagnation for a little longer until the next trendsetter arrives.

Maokun

Postby airichan623 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 am

I've seen both, and I'm going to be the odd one out here and vote for Paprika. Paprika is original, exciting, and visually pleasing. Madoka, on the other hand, suffered from short length but has beautiful visuals and music. Also, Paprika has better characters.

But I'm going mainstream and voting for Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood because it is truly fantastic. This is one series that will continue to be watched by adults and teens for many years to come- it transcends culture (mainstream and otaku audiences, American & Japanese) to touch our hearts, excite our souls, and entertain us to no end. Haruhi is fun, but I get the feeling that Haruhi will be gone in 10 years...while people will still be watching FMAB (like Bebop before it).

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby GeneD » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:54 am

Paprika: Underdog vote (and I can't think of anything interesting to say about Madoka.)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I really like Haruhi and it's one of my favourite series, but things like the action, fantastic cast of characters and plot puts Brotherhood ahead of it for me. It's been a really long time since I've seen Haruhi though, so maybe it's time I go and remind myself why I love it.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews