Important! Please Read! Old Reviews system to be deleted soon!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Important! Please Read! Old Reviews system to be deleted soon!

Postby goldenspines » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 am

Hello everyone!

In case you didn't know, or just forgot, we have a beautiful new reviews system on CAA: http://www.christiananime.net/caareviews.php

It's still in the process of being built to its full potential, but for now, we are working on transferring the content in the old reviews into the new reviews system.
But, we can't do this without your help!
If you have submitted a review in the old reviews system, please take a few moments right now to suggest the title on the new reviews system (under Anime --> Suggest a Title or under Manga --> Suggest a Title or under Video Games --> Suggest a Title) and then after it's approved (I will be trying to approve them as quickly as possible), copy and past your previously written review of that title in the old reviews system into the new system. You may need to make a few edits, but that's okay.

Here is the link to the old reviews system: http://www.christiananime.net/reviews.php

For those curious, I intend to be moving the reviews of those who are not on CAA anymore and crediting them to their reviews in the new reviews system.

But please move your reviews as soon as you can since we are planning to delete the old reviews system in the near future!

Thank you!

- goldenspines
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:05 am

I've already moved a few of my reviews, but I'll get my favorites moved later this week.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Geh! I better get my TRC review moved! But man, suggesting a title seems...complicated...I will have to do it when I have time.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:06 pm

I'll go ahead and do it- I have the time xD
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 am

Just out of curiosity, how long do we have?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 am

rocklobster (post: 1521029) wrote:Just out of curiosity, how long do we have?
I'm not entirely sure, actually. But most likely around the start of the new year. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby coolwrite » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:20 am

I'm looking for a review of Blue Exorcist here but can't find one. Can you tell me if one exists? Is it appropriate for a 13 year old? Thanks!
coolwrite

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:15 pm

coolwrite (post: 1521063) wrote:I'm looking for a review of Blue Exorcist here but can't find one. Can you tell me if one exists? Is it appropriate for a 13 year old? Thanks!

http://www.christiananime.net/caareviews.php?pageid=ShowAll&order=0
This is the current list of anime reviews. One for Blue Excorcist was never submitted for the old reviews list, and as you can see, no one has submitted it for the current one. You've already sumitted asking in the Anime Recommendations Thread, so I'm sure you have some answers lined up already! ^.^
Atria35

Postby J.D3 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Someone has a way better review for the only title I've done so far, so I won't bother transferring my old one! :D

EDIT: Also, how does one go about submitting reviews (not just ratings) in the new system? I can't seem to find out how...
Mack: Did I hear God call me an idiot?
God: *shrugs* If the shoe fits, honey. Yes sir, if the shoe fits...
The Shack, William P. Young

J.D3

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:31 am

J.D3 (post: 1523679) wrote:EDIT: Also, how does one go about submitting reviews (not just ratings) in the new system? I can't seem to find out how...

Do you mean submitting a title or a review? For submitting a title, you click on 'reviews' in the tabs, click on whatever you want to revew (anime/manga/video games) and right above 'show all titles' there is a list of buttons and one of them is 'suggest a title'.

For submitting a review, you click on the title of the anime you want- once it has shown up on the main review page, you don't send in the review when you suggest a title- and you will see a button that says 'add your own rating/review of a title'. That is what you click on, and if you scroll down below where the rating numbers are, there's a box to actually type in a review and more information on the content.
Atria35

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm

It was our hope that decoupling the review from the request would speed up the process, but it doesn't really look like that's been the case very often. I'm not entirely sure how we're going to handle that going forward, but there WILL be additional work done on the new reviews system. Eventually. >.>
Mithrandir

Postby J.D3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:09 am

Atria35 (post: 1523712) wrote: For submitting a review, you click on the title of the anime you want- once it has shown up on the main review page, you don't send in the review when you suggest a title- and you will see a button that says 'add your own rating/review of a title'. That is what you click on, and if you scroll down below where the rating numbers are, there's a box to actually type in a review and more information on the content.

Okay, that makes sense now. Cheers! :)

J.D3

Postby J.D3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:14 am

Mithrandir (post: 1524440) wrote:It was our hope that decoupling the review from the request would speed up the process, but it doesn't really look like that's been the case very often. I'm not entirely sure how we're going to handle that going forward, but there WILL be additional work done on the new reviews system. Eventually. >.>

Actually I can see why having the request & review separate can be a good thing, as I guess it would minimise the amount of folks posting threads about their requests.

At any rate, everything looks prettier haha! :lol:

J.D3

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews