Anime characters you like...but most people don't

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime characters you like...but most people don't

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Let's defend the scrappies we actually like! (For those who don't know, a "scrappy" is a character most fans despise)
Here's some of mine:
Relena Peacecraft (Gundam Wing): Some fans despise her because she tends to put herself in harm's way, making her a perpetual damsel in distress. However, I feel that part of her problem stems from her upbringing. She's trying desperately to uphold her family's honor.
Orihime (Bleach): I think she's a very valuable member of the heroes. So what if she gets a little emotional.
Toshiro (Bleach): Oh come on, his sword is a dragon made of ice! You can't beat that!
Naruto (Naruto, of course): I think he's funny and I like his spirit.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Adorima » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 am

Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass. Yeah, he's a "big cry baby" and a hypocrite, but he was a loyal friend to Suzaku and he was an interesting hero who fought for his honor as much as he disgraced himself.
Adorima

Postby Vii » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:47 am

Ami Kawashima (Toradora!) - Sure, she's a brat who acts like a ditz to fool everyone at first, but she's interesting.

Sasuke Uchiha (I'd be surprised if you didn't know the name of this show) - I just don't get why pretty much the entire fanbase hates him. While he's not my favorite character in the world, he's still kind of interesting. Also, I have yet to find another protagonist who turns antagonist and actually stays the antagonist.
Also, he was seriously adorable when he was a kid.

Nia (Gurren Lagann) - She's a really nice girl.
Vii

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Shinji Ikari from "Neon Genesis Evangelion. I know a lot of people write him off as being an emo whiny brat, but, if you really look at his life up until that point, his attitude and reaction is understandable![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby seaglass27 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Hey, I was just thinking about how most people think my favorite characters are complete jerks.

Light Yagami
Seto Kaiba
Chazz Princeton
Chaud Blaze
seaglass27

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:24 pm

[color="Plum"]Sakura - Naruto (with the long hair)
Videl - Dragon Ball Z
Palace (japanese subbed name)/Valese (english dubbed name) - Dragon Ball GT
Miaka - Fushigi Yugi
Pan - Dragon Ball GT
Usagi - Sailor Moon (I don't know if I should put her on the list because I think most people like her, but there are others that don't.)
[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Juliannesan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Ginji Amano & Ban Mido from Getbackers
Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi
Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Arata from Chihiyafuru

And I can't think, but I know there must be more.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 pm

^I don`t dislike Sakura from Tsubasa, but when compared to her counterpart in CCS, she is kinda weak. I didn't really think much of her until the OVAs; she was just the token female love interest.
But after:
[spoiler]Her actually doing something other than sleep in Tokyo Revelations, she's much more likable. She wasn't doing CCS Sakura any justice before then.[/spoiler]
A_Yellow_Dress

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews