Favorite anime couples!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Favorite anime couples!

Postby shooraijin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks, The Chort.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Nate wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:I-I laughed harder at this than I should have XD;;

"Hey there Maka, I need to be kicked in the face."

"i CAN DO IT. I WILL DO IT NINE TIMES."

shooraijin wrote:Thanks, The Chort.

Oh hey, homestar runner :3 I remember those~

faithb4sight wrote:After Ranma, Ryoga/P-chan is my favorite character :)

Eee, yes <3 (though, I can't see the picture anymore, megh :T).
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:13 pm

faithb4sight wrote:
PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:They really are the cutest aren't they? I became obsessed with the pairing when I was watching the show. I'm still obsessed. ^_^ LOVE that gif by the way. I also heard that the manga changed the story to where SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ahiru ends up with Mytho. As soon as I found that out, I was like :bang: NOPE! Not reading that one. lol.

And I was pretty turned off by the title too myself but then I saw how many people loved it so I gave it try...Now it's one my my all time favorites. :n_n:

On a side note, I can't believe I forgot to add Syaoran and Sakura to my favorite couples list too!

I first got the Princess TuTu series on a whim from Netflix through the mail (not sure if they even streamed back then 0.o). I was on an anime kick and basically got Netflix to send me any anime dvd's they had. I wound up having to sit through some pretty awful series that way, but I did stumble on Princess TuTu so it was worth the while! I think you're right about the manga... and I feel the same way - that is unacceptable! haha. ;) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I get she had a crush on Mytho but I don't think Ahiru realized what real love even was until the end of the series. Plus, truly, she and Fakir grew to understand each other very deeply while Mytho was having his various issues. Mytho and Ahiru as a possibility doesn't even make sense. But I'm so glad that Mytho and Rue found happiness! >.<

Haha I forgot to mention Syao and Saku! I'm really fond of them. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Although it's weird that there are so many Syaorans. Still, Syaoran's unwavering dedication towards Sakura is really admirable.

But if I had to decide between PTT and TRC, I would pick PTT if only due to the fact that I get so emotional over it's plot.

Yeah, Fakir and Ahiru are just perfect for each other! And I really got to where I loved Mytho and Rue too! And my gosh, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEE that pic! Now I feel like rewatching PTT.

And Syaoran and Sakura are super cute too! :pikka:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Rzerox21xx wrote:a instance that you ship a couple and thought they were going to end up together but the anime or canon took it to a different direction

This is a bit backwards, but your question reminded me of my experience with Chrno Crusade. For the first half of the story, I was sure that there was no romance between Rosette and Chrono. I saw it as a brother-sister kind of relationship, especially with the memories they had of running around as kids with Joshua. But then it became clear about halfway through that they were actually leaning towards romance. At first I was a little disappointed - does every male/female duo have to end up in a romantic relationship? - but once I got used to it I became rather fond of them as a couple. They have a beautiful relationship.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LastLfan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:12 am

Kouichi X mei Misaki from another
LastLfan

Postby Jonathan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:31 am

Gasser and Beauty from Bobobobobobo. XD
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Postby marro1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Haruhi and Tamaki from Ouron Highschool Host Club, Winry and Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist, and, though this may not count, I always shipped Maka and Soul from Soul Eater.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Rzerox21xx » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 am

Naruhina(Naruto x Hinata), I would recommend fans of that ship to watch the anime once it goes back to canon. the new opening and ending SPOILER: Highlight text to read: shows the famous handhold from the manga

I can't help but root for the girl that loved the guy even when everyone else hated and shun him in the beginning. how can anyone not like that.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Rose Faerie » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Well, I like...
Roy and Riza, as well as Ling and Lan Fan (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Nene and Kou (Toilet Bound Hanako-kun) -Yes, I know Nene's probably going to end up with Hanako, but I don't care. Kou's just so sweet!

Yona and Hak (Yona of the Dawn) -Honestly, this show gets labeled as a reverse harem, but in my opinion, Hak seems to be the only viable love interest, so far. Gija's the only dragon who seems to be romantically interested in Yona, anyways, and I highly doubt they'll end up together, from what I've seen.

Of the Fruits Basket ships, I do like Tohru would be equally good with Kyo or Yuki, and my opinion on who she should end up with changed constantly. I also really like Hatori and Mayuko, Ritsu and the editor lady, and Hiro and Kisa. There are some relationships I don't know about enough to say anything though.

In Demon Slayer, I think Giyu Tomioka and Shinobu could make a good couple. Don't judge me.

I also ship Kurama and Ami in Kamisama Kiss. I think it'd be really cute.

In My Hero Academia, I ship Deku and Ochako. It's probably going to be canon anyway. I also really like Ojiro and Hagakure together. Ashido could go well with either Kirishima and Kaminari. She has good chemistry with both of them.

I also randomly thought Hinata and Yachi from Haikyuu would be a good couple.

And I like Kaguya and Miyuki (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) and basically every "couple" in Monthly Girls Nozaki_kun.
Rose Faerie

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews