Chihayafuru: But at Osaka's gateway the guards are never fooled.

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Falx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 am

Finally got around to watching 14, Shinobu is a boss at Karuta. I don't think Chihaya will win though, I mean it's still quite a few episodes to go till the end.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Shinobu and Chihaya are the best.

blkmage

Postby Juliannesan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 pm

I'm still waiting for there to be more Arata. hmm...

As for episode 16, such a disappointment.
Can't. Stand. Filler. Episodes. That is all.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Yeah, that was definitely a letdown, especially compared to the stellar episodes that came just before it.
blkmage

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Definitely, and since they don't have previews, you just never know what you're going for in the next episode. I was so expecting more. but nooope. Oh well, hopefully better next time. :)

By the way, I don't mind at all that there's no preview, it means extra suspense. :P
But yeah, that was by far the worst episode thus far.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby blkmage » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Well, that's certainly a way to end that hanging thread.
blkmage

Postby Juliannesan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Haha, yeah. This episode was much better. I want to see more Arata though, I feel like they don't show him enough.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:17 am

Very satisfied with the last episode. Good to see them all working together and getting better as a team. :) And yay! Arata is back in the game! :D

Best quote of the episode: "Its okay, you're an airhead--Chihaya, you wouldn't be yourself any other way." Hahaha.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Falx » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:44 am

This show is so good, it's in the top three things I'm watching this season.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 pm

To be honest, the last couple episode were starting to lost me a little (a little) because they were a little too karuta and a little less drama, but episode 19 was fantastic. Amazing stuff.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:25 pm

19 was pretty awesome. BTW, I'm pretty sure that if they wanted Arata to be a meaningful factor in the show, they should have brought him back by now. It is going to feel a bit cheap if he jumps in and steals the spotlight and the girl. Maybe they can slowly work that angle in a second season?

Hana vs Desk was super great, btw.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1534649) wrote:19 was pretty awesome. BTW, I'm pretty sure that if they wanted Arata to be a meaningful factor in the show, they should have brought him back by now. It is going to feel a bit cheap if he jumps in and steals the spotlight and the girl. Maybe they can slowly work that angle in a second season?

Hana vs Desk was super great, btw.

Yeah, it was.

And yeah, though I am an avid Arata supporter. I am disappointed they've waited until now to get him involved more. So yeah, I think they should definitely have a second season if anything continues with him more. Otherwise it's definitely going to feel rushed.

[Edit update since I just ep 20]

[chibi fangirl squee]
SO ADORABLE!
I knew I loved Arata for a reason!! He's so considerate!! AWwwww! I can't wait to see more!
[/chibi fan girl squee]

Needless to say, this is probably my new favorite episode. :D
It's funny though, the WHOLE time that Mashima was sitting out in the other room while Arata was playing the game. I was thinking. "Why isn't he watching him play?!" Haha, so it was funny at the end when he said he should've been. But now he's gonna end up being able to play in the Class A anyway. :D
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Gosh dangit, I love this show so much.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:16 pm

It is probably wrong on some level, but I was all like, "Eff yeah, Chihaya! Smoke that little girl! DO IT!"

I know, I know. I'm a bad person. But, Chihaya has been losing lately, and I am pretty annoyed with the conclusion-jumpers: "Tee hee! My opponent is no good!" It's just nice to see her win one.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:20 pm

At this point, I'm a bit worried about how they're going to end it.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:27 pm

blkmage (post: 1537999) wrote:At this point, I'm a bit worried about how they're going to end it.
Clearly, the studio should take a breather until, say, the fall season, and do another cour or two. They have several different angles to explore, so I don't think the quality would be diluted from another round of episodes.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm

That's obviously what they should do, but history is such that I'm not entirely sure they will.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:17 am

I cant believe it took me this long to realize it.

Chihayafuru was never a sports anime or manga (with romance) to begin with. The sport has never actually been the focus. The main theme, what this is really about at it's core... is love.

Loving friends.
Loving family.
Romantic love.
Loving what you do.

Karuta is merely the medium that brings all the people together, forming the bonds between the characters. It's not about winning a match, it's about fellowship.

Falx

Postby Neane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:50 am

Madhouse has done it again, hands down the best anime of the previous season and the best one that is currently airing along with Natsume Yuujinchou Shi and Persona 4: The Animation. [Which is hands down, the best Video Game Adaptation ever made.]
Neane

Postby Juliannesan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

blkmage (post: 1538007) wrote:That's obviously what they should do, but history is such that I'm not entirely sure they will.

Yes, this is true. But I wholeheartedly agree, they should wait a bit, and then add more. :)

Falx (post: 1540045) wrote:I cant believe it took me this long to realize it.

Chihayafuru was never a sports anime or manga (with romance) to begin with. The sport has never actually been the focus. The main theme, what this is really about at it's core... is love.

Loving friends.
Loving family.
Romantic love.
Loving what you do.

Karuta is merely the medium that brings all the people together, forming the bonds between the characters. It's not about winning a match, it's about fellowship.

Indeed! Also why I love it so much! :D
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby blkmage » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 pm

I think last week's episode signalled that this was going to end at a pretty good/natural breaking point. This week basically played out the way I expected it to. I liked the use of the master matches.

From what I've heard, manga sales are up somewhere in the region of 25-33% and the production committee did take into account that this show wasn't going to be pushing a ton of discs, so the chances for a second season are non-zero.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ATuWeWmNiI

Thought I'd leave this here, for those not in the know: That's Chihaya's VA Asami Seto, who also sang the ED.

Falx

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Okay, I finished watching this a little while ago (roughly two weeks) and completely forgot to post in here. (derp >.<) It took some coaxing (who am I kidding, a lot of constant badgering by my sister) for me to start this anime, but when I did, I fell completely in love with it. I was, to be honest, sad when I finished it, but now that I've heard they're making another season, I'm all excited and can barely wait for it to start!

So anyways, now I guess I'm part of the club! :-^o^-: BTW, I prefer Taichi to Arata.
Banana Lobster

Postby Neane » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:12 am

May God Bless the mature women of Japan for causing MADHOUSE to create a second season of my Chihayafuru.
Neane

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:30 am

Chihayafuru 2 in January 2013.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:57 am

yeeesssss

Falx

Postby Vii » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 pm

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Yeaaaahhhhhh!
Vii

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Can't waaaait! But I'll have to, until next March. Because I'll be away on mission's trips till March.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Yayyyyy, a date. : D

Every time I remember there's a season 2 coming, it's a good day.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Re: Chihayafuru: But at Osaka's gateway the guards are never fooled.

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:27 pm

blkmage

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews