Gng & Gdw

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Gng & Gdw

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 am

I'm just kind of curious since I haven't heard anyone else mention it before, has anyone ever seen the anime Ginga Nagaraboshi Gin and/or it's sequel Ginga Densetsu Weed? It's a series about wild dogs, basically. Not the best animation and the storyline could use some improvement, but it was one of the first series I watched upon getting into anime.
TopazRaven

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 am

I've wanted to watch these after I read Jason's Thompson's feature on the manga a while back.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 am

:-^o^-:I watched some of Weed a few years ago, it was really cute! :) I don't know why I stopped watching it. I think I found Ouran or something
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 am

I've watched all of GDW, but only up to episode 12 of GNG so far. I'm glad to hear other people have heard of it in least. xD I thought the series had a lot of good themes despite all the blood and fighting. I noticed a lot of other fans for the show didn't like the main character for GDW, Weed, saying he was too kind. Yet, isn't kindness what we need in this world? Weed was kind without being fake or too nice in my opinion and I always enjoy characters like that. Though I think they could have picked a better name for the poor pup. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm

I've heard of GDW (manga- didn't realize it had an anime) and discovered that the manga was out of print- had never been completely published- and scanlations are incomplete. It looks cute, though.
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews