Meaningful Anime Quotes

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Meaningful Anime Quotes

Postby j814wong » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:21 pm

What are the most meaningful and "deep" quotes you have ever heard.

"The choices we're making may be one of evil as well. For we call for peace, but with weapons in our hands. Nevertheless allow us to break this chain of endless conflict. Give us strength." - Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed

"Suspicion, ignorance, prejudice, the dark emotions directed at those who can be loved. If love is the brightest light, then are these emotions created from the shadow it casts? Things that are different, things we don't understand, differences that foster anxiety, leading to hatred, and ultimately...confrontation." - Rau Le Creseut from Gundam Seed

And I'm a new guy! Hi there!
j814wong

Postby Vii » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Hello new person! Welcome to CAA! Have you checked out the Who's Who section yet? You could introduce yourself there if you want. ^_^

Quotes:

"For there to be pain, there has to be kindness; for the darkness to stand out, there has to be sun." - Kyoko Honda from Fruits Basket (Fruits Basket has SO many meaningful quotes. I could swear every episode of the anime or chapter of the manga had one...)

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams." - Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

"You know why people have eyes in the front? Because they have to move forward to see the landscape in the distance. If you had eyes in back all you could see is your home town getting farther away; you can't move forward like that. If your eyes are in front what you see in the distance keeps getting closer. That's what lets people move forward." -Kamina from Gurren Lagann

I also have one from the Ouran High School Host Club manga, but I can't remember who said it or the exact wording, so I'll look it up tomorrow.
Vii

Postby alma » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 am

Cool quotes Vii ! I love them.

And yes, j814wong, just like Vii said, we all would like to meet you!

"I'm not sure why I've decided to do this. I'm not any stronger than I was, and nothing else has changed. But all the same, this time I'm not going to run away. It's okay to feel weak sometimes. It's okay to be afraid. The important thing is that we face our fears. That's...that's what makes us strong."-Yuki, Fruits Basket
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:25 pm

I often find that I prefer the wording of fan translations to the official translation or dub <_<

"Even in pain, you can sleep. But if you inflict pain, you can never sleep."
- Scar's Master, Full Metal Alchemist (fansub)

"You can die at any time. Living on is what really takes courage."
- Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin (fansub)

"If one or two battles could provide us with the truth nobody would make any mistakes in their lives. A person's life is not that easy, that it is not. The true answer you must learn for yourself."
- Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin (fansub)

"There are many types of monsters in this world: Monsters who will not show themselves or who cause trouble, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood...and monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance. They are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study, even though they have no interest in academics. They seek friendship, even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth...I am that monster."
- L Lawliet, DEATH NOTE

"When you have fun, have fun. When you're upset, be upset. And when you wanna cry, cry. Besides, you'll feel better after you cry. Then you can laugh again. It's better to laugh when you feel like it than to laugh when you're keeping the pain to yourself."
- Rosette Christopher, CHRONO CRUSADE (manga scanlation)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Vii » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Ahhhh, I totally forgot about finding that Ouran quote...hang on...
Agh, I can't find it! Sorry 'bout that
Vii

Postby rocklobster » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 pm

"If you want to know the truth, you must have the courage to accept it."--B.T. .hack//sign
"Wars are started by people and they are ended by people." Dr. J, Gundam Wing
"People who sin say this: that they had to, to survive. People who sin say this: it's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, silently, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, only to end up at Despair in the end. But the sinners just don't know, that if they'd only turn around, there is a light there, a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade."-- Vash the Stampede, Trigun
"Your ticket to the future is blank." Rem, Trigun
"To know your sin is to have no sin."--The Communicator, Haibane Renmei
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby j814wong » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:18 pm

rocklobster (post: 1511555) wrote:"If you want to know the truth, you must have the courage to accept it."--B.T. .hack//sign
"Wars are started by people and they are ended by people." Dr. J, Gundam Wing
"People who sin say this: that they had to, to survive. People who sin say this: it's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, silently, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, only to end up at Despair in the end. But the sinners just don't know, that if they'd only turn around, there is a light there, a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade."-- Vash the Stampede, Trigun
"Your ticket to the future is blank." Rem, Trigun
"To know your sin is to have no sin."--The Communicator, Haibane Renmei

"To know your sin is to have no sin."--The Communicator, Haibane Renmei Can you explain this quote to me? I'm a bit confused by it.
j814wong

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:28 am

I think what The Communicator meant by it is that God forgave our sins and forgot about them. You see:
[spoiler]All the characters in Haibane Renmei are sort of in purgatory. In Purgatory, you are cleansed of all the sins you have committed in your life before you enter Heaven. Since you're being purified, you technically don't have any sins. The moral of the story is that God forgives us, but we have to forgive ourselves as well.[/spoiler]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby alma » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:45 pm

“Do you think you could tell me what true strength is?
I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn’t seem any different than running away to me.
I would think that embracing the things you truly like and being able to enjoy them is worth more than anything.
To just be yourself… I believe that’s what true strength really is.” Tamaki Suoh - Ouran High School Host Club
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Popyman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm

"Don't call my brother! I'm the one who's here! Hey, look at me! I'm the one who's gonna save you! Now listen, my name is Naota. Don't EVER call me Ta-kun again!"
--Naota, FLCL
Popyman

Postby Maokun » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 pm

[Insert here 2/3 of Gurren Lagan's dialogue]

"LIVE!" Lelouch, Code Geass

"Bang!" Spike, Cowboy Bebop

"Give up on making me give up" Naruto

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews