Fullmetal alchemist

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Fullmetal alchemist

Postby akorecki1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:07 am

Who here likes Full metal alchemist? Who's your fave human character? And your fav homunculus? Do you have a favorite quote?
PLZ REPLY! :?:
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Hawkeye53 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 pm

I absolutely love FMA!!! Though I admit I defintely prefer Brotherhood to the original.

My favorite character has got to be Roy. He is just amazingly awesome and I love the depth in his character. Riza is a very, very close second.

I guess my favorite homunculous would have to be Greed.

My favorite quote would have to actually be from the 2003 series:

"Master Sergeant Fuery, during your last physical examination we discovered Athlete's Foot, and we now believe that it is affecting your brain." --Riza Hawkeye

I have a ton that I love from Brotherhood, but haven't sat down and compiled a quotes list for it like I have the first series yet. The main one coming to mind has some spoilers for Brotherhood, so I'll hold off on it. :)
Hawkeye53

Postby akorecki1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:11 am

I have way too many quotes probably over 200 from that show and my favorite character has to be Ed although Havoc needs the love too. My fav homunculus is Greed as Ling in the brotherhood one awesome or what. best anime EVER! Anyways thanks for your post.

akorecki1

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Me, me! :jump:
My favorite characters are the Elric brothers, definitely and undeniably. I used to prefer Ed, but over time I've come to respect and like Al more and more. Mustang is a close second to them, though. As for Homunculi...in the first anime, definitely Lust. In Brotherhood...I'd actually say Envy. He's so creepy and cruel, making a fascinating villain.

Favorite quotes from the first anime (a fansub that I actually like the wording of better than the official translation):
"Even in pain, you can sleep. But if you inflict pain, you can never sleep."
- Scar's Master

"Our names are given to us by God. However, because I have turned against God, I no longer have a name."
- Scar

From the manga:
"I'm called many names - 'human weapon,' 'monster'...but it's only when I'm fighting a real monster...that I feel truly human."
- Roy Mustang

"All we have to do now is believe in our brother."
- Alphonse Elric

"I really want to see you smiling."
- Edward Elric

I also really like, from the dub of the first one:
"My leg...my arms...my heart...I'll give them to you, whatever you want. Just give him back. HE'S MY BROTHER!!!!!!"
- Edward Elric

"But the Elric brothers...they live only for each other.... Seeing their...love for each other...it made me want to say those words myself. 'Brother...I love you.'"
- Scar

"I have to try...for you, Al."
- Edward Elric

I don't really know Brotherhood well enough yet to have favorite quotes (only watched it through once).
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby rocklobster » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:47 pm

my faves:
humans: Edward, Roy (totally awesome), Major Armstrong, (he's just so funny!), Olivia (how can you not like her?), and Winry.
Homunculi: Greed, Gluttony, and Pride (he scares me so much)
as for quote, mine would spoil the ending, so I won't.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Vii » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:18 pm

One of my favorite series ever. I do like Brotherhood over the 2003 anime, and I like the manga as well (I own four volumes =D)

Favorite character?
*Robot voice* [font="Courier New"]Impossible to proceed. Too many data points applicable.[/font]

My favorites keep changing, but going by the second anime, my current favorites are probably Roy Mustang, Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Riza Hawkeye, Lan Fan, Maes Hughes, Winry Rockbell, Ling Yao...

I actually like all of the characters...well...the only characters that ever annoyed me was Archer from the 2003 anime, and that gold-toothed doctor from Brotherhood.

I guess I'll throw it in that RoyxRiza is possibly my favorite pairing of all time. Yes, even more than EdxWinry, LingxLanFan, or RonxHermione.

As for Homunculi (Still going by Brotherhood here), Pride, Greed, and Envy. Though Lust deserves a mention too, both for [spoiler]Making Riza go berserk when she thought Mustang was dead (resulting in one of the best placed swears in the history of entertainment)[/spoiler] and for [Spoiler]her backstory in the 2003 anime[/spoiler]

As for quotes...

My favorite's from the end of Brotherhood so I'm not gonna tell you. >=]
Vii

Postby akorecki1 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 pm

I love everyone the less and less I watch the more I like everyone it is different but I like being different I am not just one of the crowd

akorecki1

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1511107) wrote:I love everyone the less and less I watch the more I like everyone it is different but I like being different I am not just one of the crowd
Has anyone gone so far as to decide etc.
Fish and Chips

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:13 pm

akorecki1 (post: 1511107) wrote:I love everyone the less and less I watch the more I like everyone it is different but I like being different I am not just one of the crowd

Wow, that grammar broke me. I am usually the one with bad grammar
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby akorecki1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:07 am

I don't care about grammar I am not sending this to my teachers wow when you write this on your dads iPad it fixes everything!

akorecki1

Postby Atria35 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:43 am

akorecki1 (post: 1511336) wrote:I don't care about grammar I am not sending this to my teachers wow when you write this on your dads iPad it fixes everything!

The thing is, it was bad enough that I sincerely did not (and still don't) know what you were saying. It's important to have semi-intelligible grammar so that others know what you're talking about.
Atria35

Postby Lockon Stratos » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Fav humans: Armstrong and Hughes. I like the Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass type characters.
Fav homunculus: Haven't finished either yet, but I do like Brotherhood's Wrath. His power is awesome and goes with his personality.
I don't know what I know.
-Me
Lockon Stratos

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews