Hellsing

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Hellsing

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:05 pm

I just started watching it. It almost reminds of Dracula in many ways. It's going to probably give me nightmares though :(.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 pm

The OVAs or the TV Series?
Neane

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:12 pm

The series.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

aliveinHim

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Good. The TV Series is quite tame compared to the OVAs. Also, it is quite wonderful to watch.
Neane

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:29 pm

It's quite bloody and gory. I haven't heard that much swearing in dubs though.

aliveinHim

Postby Juliannesan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:00 pm

I have no interest in watching that show. Have fun though!
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Atria35 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:11 pm

I actually really like it. I didn't think I would, but it's so over the top that I can't take the violence that seriously. It feels like someone had a few extra buckets of red paint and decided to make an anime just to use it before it went bad!

And Alucard is cool.
Atria35

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Atria35 (post: 1508495) wrote:And Alucard is cool.

[spoiler] Of Course He is Cool! He is Dracula! Alucard is the coolest anime character ever made in the history of anime![/spoiler]

Real Vampires Dress like Carmen Sandiego. :cool:
Neane

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Really liked the original series but the OVA's are where it at.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Juliannesan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Atria35 (post: 1508495) wrote:I actually really like it. I didn't think I would, but it's so over the top that I can't take the violence that seriously. It feels like someone had a few extra buckets of red paint and decided to make an anime just to use it before it went bad!

And Alucard is cool.

I'd still prefer to watch a really cheesy romantic anime, then a over-the-top violent anime.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Maledicte » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 pm

[spoiler] "Alucard" is "Dracula" spelled BACKWARDS!!!!![/spoiler]
I love this show. Even though the series went off the rails around the end I still enjoy it, it has an awesome soundtrack and was something totally new when it came out.

OVA is good but I wish it would get dubbed entirely, but I like the manga best.
Maledicte

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:48 pm

The series has a great atmosphere and music.

The OVA on the other hand, ho boy. It's amazing.

However, it is very very gory, but like Atria mentioned its so over the top its easier to not be disturbed by it.
Yamamaya

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1508545) wrote:I'd still prefer to watch a really cheesy romantic anime, then a over-the-top violent anime.

Like Ai Yori Aoshi? Hehehehehe

Neane wrote:Real Vampires Dress like Carmen Sandiego.

There's this Hr long AMV on YouTube that has a Hellsing part with the Carmen Sandiego song lol!!
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Neane » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:35 am

Psycho Molos (post: 1508663) wrote:

There's this Hr long AMV on YouTube that has a Hellsing part with the Carmen Sandiego song lol!!

I am currently watching that part of that AMV. :lol:
It's so well done!
"Where in the world is..Carman Sandiego?"
Neane

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews