Tiger & Bunny (anyone seen it yet)

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Tiger & Bunny (anyone seen it yet)

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Tiger and Bunny just finished their first season and can be viewed in complete on Hulu. Anyone else here seen it through? What did you think? Did you like it?
This

Seto_Sora

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:52 pm

I havn't finished it yet, but so far I think the show is incredible. Thanks for the reminder to finish it!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm

I've seen the first 8 episodes, working on the rest.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:47 pm

T&B is one of the top 3 series to air in Japan this year. Though it doesn't end quite as strongly as it could, it's still a wonderful show. Watch it now because based on the ending and how well it is performing in Japan, it is likely we will get a sequel.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 pm

I agree with subtle. You guys gotta see the rest of this anime! it is epic and awesome! And I'm personally hoping for a sequel. Yes, the end was a little weak, but better than others I've seen and the vast majority of the content makes up for the ending!
This

Seto_Sora

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 am

I would watch it if I could, but I can't; Viz does not stream outside of the US.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:14 am

It was enjoyable. I wasn't too hot on it for the first few episode, but it grew on me. I definitely don't like the idea of a second season, though.
blkmage

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:06 pm

[quote="bigsleepj (post: 1505931)"]I would watch it if I could, but I can't]

what about Hulu?

I agree blk that the first season was very good in and of itself. I think another season would be cool as long as its not like say naruto or darker than black or gundam. :/
This

Seto_Sora

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Seto_Sora (post: 1505957) wrote:what about Hulu?

If I remember right, Viz and Funimation use Hulu to play videos. So if you can't watch something on Viz, you probably can't watch it on the other two sites.

On-topic, I guess I should check this out since I've been hearing so much about it.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Rule of thumb is if you're outside the US, never assume you can stream anything.
blkmage

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Sadly, if you're not from the US then Hulu.com kindly lets you know that you can not access their library. I ran into it before but I just double-checked.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 pm

blkmage (post: 1505950) wrote:I definitely don't like the idea of a second season, though.
Why not, sir? A great cast of characters is sitting there, waiting to be further developed (more Origami!), and Barnaby's story is by no means a closed book.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:38 pm

It could and should have been finished, but it feels like it's been artificially prolonged because it's doing well. I would have been much happier if it had tied everything up neatly and just kept on selling figures and stuff instead.
blkmage

Postby aliveinHim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 am

I need to watch it when I'm done with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I only have one more episode of that.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Mouse2010 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:50 pm

I liked Tiger & Bunny quite a bit. I wouldn't say I loved it, or thought it was brilliant, but the series was a lot of fun. The ending was, to me, "cute" rather than powerful, but I thought it was a nice note to end on.

I certainly would like to see a Season 2. I think there's a lot of potential for more development. Plus, I'd just like to see more of the characters. (Kotetsu is just adorable in a can't-catch-a-break way.)
Mouse2010

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:48 pm

[SIZE="5"]Let's Believe![/SIZE]
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

I started watching this but a) I am terrible at watching series by myself b) I don't love it as much as I thought I would. I might finish it at some point but at the moment, I just feel "meh" toward it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Yeah, it didn't really quite grip me for a while either. I dropped it about a month and a half into airing and didn't go back to it until it was about halfway done.
blkmage

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews