So... I'm looking for an anime...

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

So... I'm looking for an anime...

Postby Smileloviene » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Alright, so here's the deal. I want to watch an anime (series, preferably) with my younger sister... and I'm looking for something CLEAN. As you probably know, this can be exceedingly difficult. I've already watched a few series with her... and I'm totally shot on ideas.

Requirements: #1: NO FANSERVICE, SEXUAL CONTENT, OR ANYTHING IN THAT AREA. A few bad jokes will prolly go over her head - so I might be open to something that has a LITTLE bit of that (even though that sort of stuff still annoys me) #2: No gore, please. She's about twelve, and I don't want her to see something like a person's head being ripping off or guts flying - ya know? She can handle action voilence, and she's really not a wimp in that area at all. She can handle darker things pretty well too, but nothing totally creepy. #3: A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF LANGUAGE - she knows some bad words, but not all of them, and I want to preserve her innocence, kay? Hahaha, I think that's pretty self explanatory, right? #4: And in case you were thinking of it... any horror anime are totally a no go - for her sake AND mine ;) I watched a scary anime once and was TOTALLY scarred for life... so as long as its not that - i'll be okay... :thumb:

Okay, so so far we have watched...
*D.N. Angel
*Area 88
*Pandora Hearts
*She's also seen anime movies like: Ponyo :cool:, Castle in the Sky, Tales of EarthSea, and Orgin: Spirits of the Past

We both like fantasy - so that's a plus ;)
Also... it would be nice if it wasn't TOTALLY cheesy, so I'm not bored to death, you know :drool: hahaha

Anyway, I'll appreciate any input - and possibly a really quick rundown of bad content a series has if your suggesting it :) Thanks so much, and I'm really open to options :jump:
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrchid"]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19[/color][/SIZE][/font][PHP][/PHP]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Yellow"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color][color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font][/color]
Smileloviene

Postby Atria35 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Well, if you looked at the top of the page here, there's a thread specifically for anime recommendations!

Also- no gore and she's seen Pandora Hearts and DNAngel? Really?

But I'll wait for you to repost in the recommendations thread, because this one will be locked since there's a thread for this sort of thing.
Atria35

Postby Smileloviene » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Oh, thanks :) I'll find that and post it there :)
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrchid"]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19[/color][/SIZE][/font][PHP][/PHP]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Yellow"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color][color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font][/color]
Smileloviene

Postby Gojira » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Fruits Basket was too cute for me, but it is perfectly clean. Good for children.
Gojira

Postby Smileloviene » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm

haha... well... I'm sure it's clean...
But I read the manga... thus - I ABSOLUTELY CAN"T STAND IT ;) No more to be said. Thanks for the thought though :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smileloviene

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 am

Princess Tutu
My Neighbor Totoro (there's a bath scene, but you see nothing at all)
Angelic Layer (bath scene here, but nothing is seen)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:57 am

Since this was already redirected to the Anime Recommendations thread: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=40642&page=56 I'll give this a lock to avoid confusion~
goldenspines

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews