Worst anime ever!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:32 am

The only think I ever forced myself to sit through: Vampire Knight.

I hate it with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.
User avatar
A_Yellow_Dress
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:37 am

My post is not here anymore...? Maybe it didn't work. I WILL RANT MORE! (:<

Vampire Knight. Hate it.

I hate it with the passion of a thousand suns.

And the description of the second season was like... No. I don't care if it has good reviews. That is wrong. On. So. Many. Levels.

I know hate is a strong word but...

(Sorry to anyone who likes it.)
User avatar
A_Yellow_Dress
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 am

A_Yellow_Dress (post: 1500962) wrote:My post is not here anymore...? Maybe it didn't work. I WILL RANT MORE! (:<

Vampire Knight. Hate it.

I hate it with the passion of a thousand suns.

And the description of the second season was like... No. I don't care if it has good reviews. That is wrong. On. So. Many. Levels.

I know hate is a strong word but...

(Sorry to anyone who likes it.)


LOL.
I only watched one episode, and that was all I could do to keep from laughing. I've never really liked any sort of Vampire-themed show or movie though.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1501620) wrote:LOL.
I only watched one episode, and that was all I could do to keep from laughing. I've never really liked any sort of Vampire-themed show or movie though.


I'm a "completionist". (I think I've only ever dropped three or four titles, and that was because they turned out to be fanservice or ecchi.) So I forced myself to sit though it. The music was good, but everything else: just horrible.
User avatar
A_Yellow_Dress
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:49 pm

A_Yellow_Dress (post: 1501639) wrote:I'm a "completionist". (I think I've only ever dropped three or four titles, and that was because they turned out to be fanservice or ecchi.) So I forced myself to sit though it. The music was good, but everything else: just horrible.


What was the thing that annoyed you the most about it? Characters, art, storyline, what?
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1501651) wrote:What was the thing that annoyed you the most about it? Characters, art, storyline, what?


I found the characters to be walking cliches. Especially Yuuki (I dunno if that is how you spell it). She was too much like other main heroines in the majority of vampire pop culture today. The art was pretty, but the lack of a plot, goal, or storyline (without well-written characters to carry it) made it very, very dull.

I guess the reason why I hate it (instead of just shrugging it off as mediocre and leaving it at that) is because I had heard such great things about it and then it just wasn't very good. It was like spending a half-hour every couple days with someone you didn't like. Annoying.

Thanks for hearing me out and tolerating my ranting. ^^
User avatar
A_Yellow_Dress
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 pm

A_Yellow_Dress (post: 1501656) wrote:I found the characters to be walking cliches. Especially Yuuki (I dunno if that is how you spell it). She was too much like other main heroines in the majority of vampire pop culture today. The art was pretty, but the lack of a plot, goal, or storyline (without well-written characters to carry it) made it very, very dull.

I guess the reason why I hate it (instead of just shrugging it off as mediocre and leaving it at that) is because I had heard such great things about it and then it just wasn't very good. It was like spending a half-hour every couple days with someone you didn't like. Annoying.

Thanks for hearing me out and tolerating my ranting. ^^


Hahah, no problem. I actually found your rant rather amusing and funny, and I can definitely relate to that with another show. Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers)

Trust me, save yourself some pain. Haha.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1501680) wrote:Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers)

Trust me, save yourself some pain. Haha.


Duly noted. :)
User avatar
A_Yellow_Dress
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1501680) wrote:Hahah, no problem. I actually found your rant rather amusing and funny, and I can definitely relate to that with another show. Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers)

Trust me, save yourself some pain. Haha.


That's probably because HYD basically CREATED all those cliches. It wasn't cliche when it was written.
User avatar
Atria35
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:30 am

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Atria35 (post: 1501683) wrote:That's probably because HYD basically CREATED all those cliches. It wasn't cliche when it was written.


Yeah, I can see that for sure. Haha...
It just really annoyed me the whole time, I don't even know why I watched it all the way through.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby Maokun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Ugh, the only thing I remember about HYD was seeing the manga and being horrified by the art. I dropped it as though as it was in fire and whenever someone reminds me of it I feel an acute pain in my retinae.

Which reminds me of other anime that should be in this list: Initial D. I don't care whether it has good plot or not. I don't care about anything else that might be good or not in that show. I don't care I don't care I don't care. Something that ugly shouldn't have the right to have money thrown at to be produced.
Image

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
User avatar
Maokun
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 am
Location: The Valley of the Wind

Postby Atria35 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 am

^ B-but the music! Initial D has AMAZING music! xD
User avatar
Atria35
 
Posts: 6295
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:30 am

Postby Juliannesan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:50 am

I know someone who LOVES Initial D. I just couldn't bring myself to watching it.
And Mao-kun, I KNOW! The art was horrible! I don't know how I watched it.... Ugh.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 pm

The music in Initial D is amazing and therefore it is a great anime and if you disagree you are wrong.
Image

Ezekiel 23:20
User avatar
Nate
 
Posts: 10712
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Oh right, like anyone actually cares.

Postby Juliannesan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Nate (post: 1501857) wrote:The music in Initial D is amazing and therefore it is a great anime and if you disagree you are wrong.


well, then...
I'm sorry I'm missing out. :P

I'm not really into car or robot shows much.
There has to be strong characters and stuff for it to really grab me.

Like G Gundam, I don't normally like Gundam shows, but oddly enough I really enjoy G Gundam.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby Maokun » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:44 am

Music? Was there music? I cannot remember at all. I can only remember the merciless attack being inflicted upon my [s]eyes[/s] soul, while falling into a void barren of music, love or any other positive concept. I guess that all my other senses closed shut in horror to try to minimize the risk of sensory overwhelming, a reaction just understandable when a fragile human mind is exposed to horrors beyond its comprehension.
Image

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
User avatar
Maokun
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 am
Location: The Valley of the Wind

Postby Neane » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:47 am

Juliannesan (post: 1501862) wrote:well, then...
I'm sorry I'm missing out. :P

I'm not really into car or robot shows much.
There has to be strong characters and stuff for it to really grab me.

Like G Gundam, I don't normally like Gundam shows, but oddly enough I really enjoy G Gundam.


You Mean Tequila Gundam?
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4552/3300611563tequilagundam.jpg

And Zebra Gundam from Neo Kenya?
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/g/gf13-020nk.jpg

Also, I recently watched another anime that I would like to add to the list of Worst Anime ever: Sleeping with Hinako. It is an anime in which you get to see a Young Lady sleeping in her bed. That is the whole plot. Don't EVER WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS ANIME! I nominate this anime as the WORST ANIME EVER MADE.

This is what I felt like after watching it:

I can't believe I sat down and watched the whole thing.
User avatar
Neane
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm
Location: Candlekeep, Faerûn

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:19 am

Neane (post: 1501972) wrote:You Mean Tequila Gundam?
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4552/3300611563tequilagundam.jpg

And Zebra Gundam from Neo Kenya?
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/g/gf13-020nk.jpg



Hahaha, yeah. It's more the human characters in the Gundams that I pay attention to more than the Gundams.
Oh yeah, and I really liked Big O too, because again... I loved the characters.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby mkalv » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:21 pm

The worst anime I have ever seen is Kirby: Right Back at Ya! I couldn't make it past the first episode.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
User avatar
mkalv
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Never watched Kirby, although I remember it being on Cartoon Network for a bit. And WB channel.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Neane (post: 1501972) wrote:Also, I recently watched another anime that I would like to add to the list of Worst Anime ever: Sleeping with Hinako. It is an anime in which you get to see a Young Lady sleeping in her bed. That is the whole plot. Don't EVER WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS ANIME! I nominate this anime as the WORST ANIME EVER MADE.

This is what I felt like after watching it:

I can't believe I sat down and watched the whole thing.


My first thought:

Image
User avatar
Shao Feng-Li
 
Posts: 5187
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: Idaho

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:13 am

mkalv wrote:The worst anime I have ever seen is Kirby: Right Back at Ya! I couldn't make it past the first episode.

*bites lower lip and writes down something on a piece of paper while glaring disapprovingly*
Image

Ezekiel 23:20
User avatar
Nate
 
Posts: 10712
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Oh right, like anyone actually cares.

Postby aliveinHim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 am

How could anyone hate Vampire Knight? I loved it. It was sad though.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
User avatar
aliveinHim
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: "Hey look! A ninja!" "Where?" *runs off*

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1502228) wrote:How could anyone hate Vampire Knight? I loved it. It was sad though.


Sorry. ^^;
User avatar
A_Yellow_Dress
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 am

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Maokun (post: 1501963) wrote:Music? Was there music? I cannot remember at all.


Yes. There was music. Having not seen the show myself, the music is all I have to go on.

Imagine the cheesiest techno ever, as cheesy as humanly possible. No, cheesier than that. More than that, even. It is so incredibly cheesy, in fact, it wraps around and becomes absolutely and unequivocally awesome. If the rest of the show is half as good as the music, then it is far from the worst anime ever made. (Of course, again, I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know.)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
User avatar
Davidizer13
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 am
Location: VIOLENT CITY

Postby Neane » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1502174) wrote:My first thought:

Image


I agree. The Only People that would actually enjoy that anime are the people you listed. (The Only Reason I watched this anime was I was told it is the most pointless anime ever created, and I have to agree that it is the most pointless creation in anime ever and has won my vote as the Worst Anime Ever.) Now after mentioning the worst possible anime in existence, I will now enjoy this beautiful day and leave this thread.
User avatar
Neane
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm
Location: Candlekeep, Faerûn

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Neane wrote:Now after mentioning the worst possible anime in existence

But you didn't. Regardless of how pointless and pathetic the anime may be, it does not have what something like, say, Eiken does. That is, Sleeping With Hinako is not blatantly offensive. Stupid? Sure. But no one would watch it and get angry or offended by it. They'd get bored, maybe even annoyed. But offend them? No way.

Things like Eiken are blatantly and horribly offensive though. Thus, Sleeping With Hinako cannot be the worst anime ever created, on the grounds that it is not offensive.
Image

Ezekiel 23:20
User avatar
Nate
 
Posts: 10712
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Oh right, like anyone actually cares.

Postby Juliannesan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:00 am

Nate (post: 1502413) wrote:But you didn't. Regardless of how pointless and pathetic the anime may be, it does not have what something like, say, Eiken does. That is, Sleeping With Hinako is not blatantly offensive. Stupid? Sure. But no one would watch it and get angry or offended by it. They'd get bored, maybe even annoyed. But offend them? No way.

Things like Eiken are blatantly and horribly offensive though. Thus, Sleeping With Hinako cannot be the worst anime ever created, on the grounds that it is not offensive.


This is true, another I thought should probably be put on the list as one of the worst, is Agent Aika. I saw the previews alone for that show and it looked reallyreally awful. Anyway, yeah...
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Juliannesan
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:18 pm
Location: Where the autumn leaves fall.

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:19 am

[quote="A_Yellow_Dress (post: 1502244)"]Sorry. ^^]

It's OK :) *pats on head*
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
User avatar
aliveinHim
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: "Hey look! A ninja!" "Where?" *runs off*

Postby Maokun » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:32 am

Yes, Agent Aika is Awful. Not anywhere near Eiken though.

Davidizer13 (post: 1502265) wrote:Yes. There was music. Having not seen the show myself, the music is all I have to go on.

Imagine the cheesiest techno ever, as cheesy as humanly possible. No, cheesier than that. More than that, even. It is so incredibly cheesy, in fact, it wraps around and becomes absolutely and unequivocally awesome. If the rest of the show is half as good as the music, then it is far from the worst anime ever made. (Of course, again, I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know.)


Ah see, I reckon that you can possibly appreciate the music when separated from the attempts on the lives of your retinae. We are not even talking about [s]man[/s]eyeslaughter here. This is unmistakable, unabashed, cold-blooded homicide attempt in first degree. It's as though your eyes were an elderly good-natured gentleman and that show married them just to put them onto a tens-of-thousands dollars worth life insurance... and it grew tired of playing the waiting game.
Image

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
User avatar
Maokun
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 am
Location: The Valley of the Wind

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests