Worst anime ever!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Rocketshipper » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:16 pm

I like Tenchi in Tokyo a lot, except for the fact that it was yet *another* reboot instead of being a continuation of Tenchi Universe, like it originally appeared to be. Don't know why that franchise and AIC have such an obsession with rebooting everything all the time ^^

Re: Cutie Honey.

Wha!!!!! No way, That OVA was hilarious and awesome! And it had surprisingly good action scenes for a magical girl show. Love Nat-chan so much. I mean seriously, This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOfBw8xZ7Dc&feature=related) is just pure insane coolness. No one beats Nat-chan! And that scene in episode 3 where they go all "Macross" on the gaitn monster while the ending theme plays!! Loved the music too *sings* Into Your Heart!!!
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Neane » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 pm

I prefer the New Cutey Honey OVA over the Re: Cutie Honey OVA.
But I do agree with you on two things:
1.) The Music is Wonderful!
2.) And Natsuko is OH MY tough.

Other than those two points, I don't like the Re: Cutie Honey OVA. But it's far from the worst anime ever made.
Neane

Postby Maokun » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 am

Nate (post: 1499669) wrote:Oh you flatterer. I bet you say that to all the girls! *blush* Kiss me you fool!

I'm sorry, I'm saving my first kiss for Homura-chaan~

But at least it seems everyone is in agreement that Eiken has literally no redeeming value whatsoever.

I'm glad there's agreement. I find appalling that in MAL, the agreggated rating is over 5... I shudder to think that someone out there might have rated it with a 10.

Juliannesan (post: 1499646) wrote:Wow! I thought I had watched a lot of anime, and I noticed that I have nothing compared to you! Yikes! When did you start watching anime?
I started about 9 years ago, but more so over the past 5 or so years.

I added you on MAL, btw.

Well, the thing is that in my home country anime was more popular than in the US, several years before. Or perhaps not popular, rather, I think that the public TV channels landed good deals with japanese producers and filled all the children-aimed TV timeslots with anime. The result is that I was raised by anime since my most tender years back in the 80's... over 20 years ago.

In other words, I watched around half the anime in my list as a carefree kid with too much free time, which makes the feat much less impressive.

Thanks for the add, I added you too :)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Juliannesan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 am

Maokun (post: 1499889) wrote:Well, the thing is that in my home country anime was more popular than in the US, several years before. Or perhaps not popular, rather, I think that the public TV channels landed good deals with japanese producers and filled all the children-aimed TV timeslots with anime. The result is that I was raised by anime since my most tender years back in the 80's... over 20 years ago.

In other words, I watched around half the anime in my list as a carefree kid with too much free time, which makes the feat much less impressive.

Thanks for the add, I added you too :)

Yeah, that is funny, are you from Europe or where exactly are you from originally? If you don't mind my asking.

I started watching Superbook which was a Japanese & American collaboration anime that started in the 80's. I was born in 88 though, so I didn't actually start watching it until I was 2 or 3. So early 90's. And my parents didn't know it was anime. Then I didn't watch anything more than that till I was about 14. So yeah. That is really cool though. Over here I didn't really notice anime getting popular till the late 90's early 2000's. But I could be wrong, my parents didn't really have TV channels till I was 13 or 14. Anything I watched before then was taped on TV from my grandparents.

Oh and thanks for adding me! :D
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Maokun » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm from South America, and let me tell you, no one makes better anime dubs than the mexicans (they dub most of the spanish speaking anime that shows in Center and South America.) Not only do they get the voices and intonations right, they also are not afraid to do heavy localization so the jokes are funny even if you don't know anything about japanese culture.

Anyhow, when I was a kid I watched dozens of anime series, though I didn't know the term "anime". For us, it was "those japanese cartoons with the hilariously big eyes." However, by the time I was a teenager and we got a showering of shonen series like DBZ and Saint Seiya, anime and japanese protoculture were already well known among those interested and even among those not so interested. (I still remember the laughable attempts of some advertisers to cash on that boom.)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:26 pm

It seems that after seven pages we have come to a conclusion:

Eiken is the Worst Anime Ever!
Neane

Postby Roxi » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]I really didn't enjoy the first few episodes of [color="DarkOrchid"]Azumanga Daioh & Aoi Hana. [/color]

Azumanga Daioh was just uninteresting for me. Nothing against those who watched it. But I just thought it was getting nowhere. And, well I only realized after reading the description for Aoi Hana * which I should have read before :/ * that it was Seinen *smh -_-*

But other than that..everything I've watched so far was pretty amazing. After all, I mostly watch "Slice of Life" Anime...and the Naruto/Naruto Shippuden series of course XD
[/color]
Roxi

Postby Neane » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Of course Azumanga Daioh goes nowhere. It is Seinfeld in high school. xD
Neane

Postby Juliannesan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:02 pm

Maokun (post: 1500018) wrote:I'm from South America, and let me tell you, no one makes better anime dubs than the mexicans (they dub most of the spanish speaking anime that shows in Center and South America.) Not only do they get the voices and intonations right, they also are not afraid to do heavy localization so the jokes are funny even if you don't know anything about japanese culture.

Anyhow, when I was a kid I watched dozens of anime series, though I didn't know the term "anime". For us, it was "those japanese cartoons with the hilariously big eyes." However, by the time I was a teenager and we got a showering of shonen series like DBZ and Saint Seiya, anime and japanese protoculture were already well known among those interested and even among those not so interested. (I still remember the laughable attempts of some advertisers to cash on that boom.)

!!!!

That is so cool that you're from South America!
My mom's parents are both from Central America! Nicaragua to be exact!
And I went and visited some of my relatives there in 2003 and that was actually where I found out about Saint Seiya and Shaman King. [except that I ended up hating Shaman King] But that is sooo funny that you should say that! They do have very decent dubs too!

I love the Spanish over themes too! SO funny! Like Saint Seiya's Mexican version of the opening theme song! Los Caballeros Del Zodiaco! Hahaha.!:lol:
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Wallachia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Roxi (post: 1500108) wrote:I really didn't enjoy the first few episodes of Azumanga Daioh...
I just thought it was getting nowhere.
I didn't enjoy it until after the characters' first year together. Once everything was set up, I really began to enjoy everyone's interactions with each other. It became pretty enjoyable.

I wouldn't personally throw a show I didn't finish watching in this topic. I mean, maybe something was so bad that you couldn't finish it, but that would be pretty rare unless it just wasn't to your likings (which is fine.)
Roxi (post: 1500108) wrote:After all, I mostly watch "Slice of Life" Anime.
As a side note: I'm under the impression that a lot of Slice of Life series go nowhere, but time does pass in Azumanga.

Wallachia

Postby Maokun » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 am

Juliannesan (post: 1500122) wrote:!!!!

That is so cool that you're from South America!
My mom's parents are both from Central America! Nicaragua to be exact!
And I went and visited some of my relatives there in 2003 and that was actually where I found out about Saint Seiya and Shaman King. [except that I ended up hating Shaman King] But that is sooo funny that you should say that! They do have very decent dubs too!

I love the Spanish over themes too! SO funny! Like Saint Seiya's Mexican version of the opening theme song! Los Caballeros Del Zodiaco! Hahaha.!:lol:

Hehe that's nice to know. And yeah, I love the mexican OP! The spanish (as from Spain) opening actually uses a translation of the original Saint Seiya OP -which is not too shabby anyway- but the mexican one uses a totally original song which is amazing in its anthem-ish cheesiness.

Not to mention they constructed the opening animation with scenes from one of the movies that came after the series (not that you knew this back then) so you were teased/spoiled from the beginning that Seiya would get Sagitarius' golden cloth. :D

Maokun

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 am

Maokun (post: 1500221) wrote:Hehe that's nice to know. And yeah, I love the mexican OP! The spanish (as from Spain) opening actually uses a translation of the original Saint Seiya OP -which is not too shabby anyway- but the mexican one uses a totally original song which is amazing in its anthem-ish cheesiness.

Not to mention they constructed the opening animation with scenes from one of the movies that came after the series (not that you knew this back then) so you were teased/spoiled from the beginning that Seiya would get Sagitarius' golden cloth. :D

Yeah, that is too funny. I love it when opening or ending themes basically give you the ending of the story. Or at least the most important point of the storyline in the theme song. I've actually noticed that a bit in some of the regular Japanese ones as well.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Maokun » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 am

It seems I was wrong at least in this particular case: Spain's version is the one with the home-made opening. The latin-american version was the one that used a translation of the original japanese opening.

Here it is for everyone who feels at the margin of this conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiPVeuaxXk Basically a spanish AMV with an original song made into the official opening of a series! This is something you don't see happening too often, people!

Gotta love the last verse: "Zodiac knights, while facing demoniac forces always keep inside their hearts enough courage to be victorious!"

Maokun

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 am

Maokun (post: 1500272) wrote:It seems I was wrong at least in this particular case: Spain's version is the one with the home-made opening. The latin-american version was the one that used a translation of the original japanese opening.

Here it is for everyone who feels at the margin of this conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiPVeuaxXk Basically a spanish AMV with an original song made into the official opening of a series! This is something you don't see happening too often, people!

Gotta love the last verse: "Zodiac knights, while facing demoniac forces always keep inside their hearts enough courage to be victorious!"

Haha cool! Yeah, Saint Seiya, especially the first arc was one of my favorites. It was neat-o. ^_^ I hated when they changed it to the Knights of the Zodiac in English. *cringe* The dub into English was not my favorite at all.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Maokun (post: 1499889) wrote:I'm sorry, I'm saving my first kiss for Homura-chaan~

Not saving your first kiss for Mami.
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
Yamamaya

Postby Neane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Any why, I believe I have found one anime:

Cybernetics Guardian

A Gore Filled Anime with HEAVY METAL Music playing. Don't believe me? Go and find the entire anime and watch it. I checked and it does not even have even have a TV Tropes page. The good thing about it is that it tells about how Anger and Jealousy and Hatred can bring doom to the Human Race. And the Great thing about this anime is the Artwork. Not the greatest of Koichi Ohata's work if you know what I say. MD Geist is better than this anime.

Why do I keep watching Anime like this? WHY?!

This has to be the Worst Anime Koichi Ohata worked on.
I nominate this anime as the Worst Anime Ever made by the same guy that made MD Geist. I can safely nominate it as one of the WORST ANIME EVER MADE.
Neane

Postby bakura91 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

I didnt know if these were do not discuss titles but since I saw others mention these. For me ALL Time WORST anime Ive seen Eiken. I only watched it years ago because someone dared me to and I gotta say that was the longest 50 minutes of my life. Also Ikkitousen I checked it out on Hulu years ago not being familiar with it at all but what I expected was way different than what I got. I saw the dvd cover and was thinking, "Maybe this will be a cool stylish female action show, I saw a girl with an eyepatch and thought maybe it will be kinda like Kill Bill but with teen comedy"! Needless to say wow I Really expected too much Lol. I watched the first 10 or so that were on hulu cuz the dub, plot, etc was really bad but I wondered if it was supposed to be funny or serious.
bakura91

Postby Maokun » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Juliannesan (post: 1500299) wrote:Haha cool! Yeah, Saint Seiya, especially the first arc was one of my favorites. It was neat-o. ^_^ I hated when they changed it to the Knights of the Zodiac in English. *cringe* The dub into English was not my favorite at all.

Haha really? The first few arcs are rather forgettable, in my opinion (except the amazing fight of Seiya and Shiryu.) Nothing like the Twelve Houses arc, or the Asgard arc.

Yamamaya (post: 1500311) wrote:Not saving your first kiss for Mami.
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

I actually never liked Mami much. She seemed so chumpy with QB that I initially thought she was actually helping him to recruit new girls with evil purposes. It was only much later that I realized that she was just another victim, and by then I had stopped caring about her at all.
Neane (post: 1500317) wrote:Any why, I believe I have found one anime:

Cybernetics Guardian

A Gore Filled Anime with HEAVY METAL Music playing. Don't believe me? Go and find the entire anime and watch it. I checked and it does not even have even have a TV Tropes page. The good thing about it is that it tells about how Anger and Jealousy and Hatred can bring doom to the Human Race. And the Great thing about this anime is the Artwork. Not the greatest of Koichi Ohata's work if you know what I say. MD Geist is better than this anime.

Why do I keep watching Anime like this? WHY?!

This has to be the Worst Anime Koichi Ohata worked on.
I nominate this anime as the Worst Anime Ever made by the same guy that made MD Geist. I can safely nominate it as one of the WORST ANIME EVER MADE.

Haha, can't we just establish a scientific model based on the theory that any anime with "Cyber" somewhere in the title is bound to be awful?

Maokun

Postby Neane » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Maokun (post: 1500396) wrote:
Haha, can't we just establish a scientific model based on the theory that any anime with "Cyber" somewhere in the title is bound to be awful?

Cyber City Oedo 808 would prove your theory incorrect.
It's a pretty fun anime to watch. Plus the first arc of Genocyber is great. Plus the Awesome Ending Credits Song! :rock: After the First Arc, it starts loses it's Greatness in the Second Arc and then it really becomes horrible in the last Arc. The Only Reason they made the last two arcs was because it seems that this Anime OAV was very popular in 1993.

Cybernetics Guardian.... Cybernetics Guardian is JUST HORRIBLE MAN! :comp:
There is a BIG reason why almost no one knows about it. I only first heard about when visiting a YouTube Channel. Then I decided on trying it out yesterday.
Neane

Postby Maokun » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:13 am

Every community needs someone like you: someone with very little regard for self-harm and who'll go to the places and do the things that everyone else suspect are bad ideas but don't know for sure until you go and prove it. :) For that, thank you.

Maokun

Postby Neane » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:32 am

Maokun (post: 1500434) wrote:Every community needs someone like you: someone with very little regard for self-harm and who'll go to the places and do the things that everyone else suspect are bad ideas but don't know for sure until you go and prove it. :) For that, thank you.

Thank you. :cool:
As long as we agree:
The Worst Anime are:

Eiken (No redeeming value at all. PERIOD. )
Cybernetics Guardian (Why did I find this and watched it?! It deserves to never be mentioned again.)
Roots Search: Life Devourer X (This deserves to be burned.)
Neane

Postby Juliannesan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:57 am

Maokun (post: 1500396) wrote:Haha really? The first few arcs are rather forgettable, in my opinion (except the amazing fight of Seiya and Shiryu.) Nothing like the Twelve Houses arc, or the Asgard arc.

Oh? Actually what I meant to say was. Episodes 1-90 or something. I haven't yet watched the arc after they beat the 12 houses and save Athena. I mean, I watched the first episode and then took a break. It's a pretty long show!
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Maokun » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:04 am

Neane (post: 1500435) wrote:Thank you. :cool:
As long as we agree:
The Worst Anime are:

Eiken (No redeeming value at all. PERIOD. )
Cybernetics Guardian (Why did I find this and watched it?! It deserves to never be mentioned again.)
Roots Search: Life Devourer X (This deserves to be burned.)

Obviously agreed on Eiken. For the other two... I think I'll take your word for it. :P

Juliannesan (post: 1500437) wrote:Oh? Actually what I meant to say was. Episodes 1-90 or something. I haven't yet watched the arc after they beat the 12 houses and save Athena. I mean, I watched the first episode and then took a break. It's a pretty long show!

The following arc is quite good too. The last one of the original anime, not so much.

Maokun

Postby Juliannesan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:38 am

Maokun (post: 1500491) wrote:The following arc is quite good too. The last one of the original anime, not so much.

Yeah? sometime when I get the opportunity I'll have to watch it. :)
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Roxi wrote:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]that it was Seinen *smh -_-* [/color]

Wait what's wrong with seinen stuff? Lots of great seinen stuff out there, like Monster!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Roxi (post: 1500108) wrote:[color="DeepSkyBlue"][B]I really didn't enjoy the first few episodes of [color="DarkOrchid"]Azumanga Daioh & Aoi Hana. [/color]

Azumanga Daioh was just uninteresting for me. Nothing against those who watched it. But I just thought it was getting nowhere. And, well I only realized after reading the description for Aoi Hana * which I should have read before :/ * that it was Seinen *smh -_-*

Uh, Seinen isn't only yuri anime >.>" Or slice of life. You wouldn't believe the great seinen anime out there that are nothing at all like those shows. Monster, Victorian Romance Emma, Bunny Drop, Arakawa Under The Bridge, Baccano!, the Ef series, are all Seinen, but cover completely different subjects and stories.

And I guarantee that you'd like some of them.
Atria35

Postby Juliannesan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Atria35 (post: 1500565) wrote:Uh, Seinen isn't only yuri anime >.>" Or slice of life. You wouldn't believe the great seinen anime out there that are nothing at all like those shows. Monster, Victorian Romance Emma, Bunny Drop, Arakawa Under The Bridge, Baccano!, the Ef series, are all Seinen, but cover completely different subjects and stories.

And I guarantee that you'd like some of them.

Yeah, I used to be leery about seinen stuff, But a lot of it is actually good.
The only stuff I really don't watch is ecchi, shounen-ai (Yaoi) & shoujo-ai(Yuri).
Usually it says on the description on any website what are the most prominent genres of the show/movie when you look it up.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:37 am

Atria35 (post: 1500565) wrote:Uh, Seinen isn't only yuri anime >.>" Or slice of life. You wouldn't believe the great seinen anime out there that are nothing at all like those shows. Monster, Victorian Romance Emma, Bunny Drop, Arakawa Under The Bridge, Baccano!, the Ef series, are all Seinen, but cover completely different subjects and stories.
I feel obligated to point out that Usagi Drop, Baccano!, and ef are not seinen works. Usagi Drop is josei, and Baccano! and ef do not have a classification the way manga do because they are not manga. The rating of shonen/shoujo/seinen/josei depends entirely on what magazine the manga runs in, which is why Nana is shoujo even though it is much more like a josei manga, so because Baccano! and Ef are a light novel and visual novel respectively, they are just what they are.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Nate » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:01 am

Also for the record Usagi Drop is REALLY good.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:06 am

I am not saying otherwise; if it came out in a season that did not have Penguindrum it would be my favorite show for the season.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews