Giving thanks for our bountiful [Fall 2011] anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Midori » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:14 pm

I am probably not going to have much time to keep up with anything this season, because it'll be the first semester at my new college. If I were watching something, though, it'd probably be...well, I'd actually have to see a few first episodes before deciding.
Midori

Postby Rylynn4869 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 pm

blkmage wrote:Bakuman Second Season

This makes me happy!
[SIZE="2"]We've all got wounds, we've all got scars
Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's hard
Don't give up hope, don't give up hope

'Cause He's got those wounds, and He's got those scars
And with His blood He heals our hearts
He is our hope, He is our hope!
~Don't Give Up the Fight by Revive[/SIZE]
Rylynn4869

Postby airichan623 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 pm

I think I might try out:

-Guilty Crown
-Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere
-Mirai Nikki (is this the same as the manga translated as Future Diary?)
-UN-GO
and....
GUNDAM :D

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby MightiMidget » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 pm

airichan623 (post: 1495149) wrote:-Mirai Nikki (is this the same as the manga translated as Future Diary?)

Yes. :)
MightiMidget

Postby blkmage » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 pm

So hopefully, all the C80 trailers will be going up soon so we won't have to rely on shakycams, but for now, Fate/Zero is getting weekly commercials (much like Madoka did in the run up to its airing), with each one focusing on a Servant/Master pair.

The first one is obviously Saber/Kiritsugu, while the second one is Rider/Waver.
blkmage

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:32 pm

There are few here that sound interesting.
Coppelion sounds like it could prove to be good or really boring.

Kimi to Boku sounds really innovative. I really like the concept.

Mirai Nikki sounds weird...but it could be interesting.

Gundam AGE who knows what it will be like but its Gundam so I will give it a shot.
Wolf-man

Postby TheMewster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:12 am

My interests (I hope they don't have bad content)

1. Mobile Suit Gundam AGE---Since this one is supposedly very unorthodox Gundam and with the cutesy art style I don't think well see anything bad out of this. The art style looks really cute and appealing as well.
2. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai---Looks like it'll be pretty funny. I expect 'looking at more than appearances' as a major moral in this one.
3. Coppelion---I see redemption being a huge theme in thi and it flat out looks cool. Art for it on here looked downright amazing.
4. Working'!!---Looks like a fun and energetic slice of life show. And it may just make me wanna get a job.
5. Tamayura ~Hitotose---Since I'm interested in photography his one looks cool.

I just hope we can view these titles legally in the us. Please pray that Crunchyroll gets them.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 am

I'm really looking forward to Hotaru no Mori e (which is a film?). Other than that, I'm too ignorant of studios and names, and since this is my first time really paying attention anyway I'll just wait and see what people say about various titles.

When do Crunchyroll and the others announce what they'll be licensing?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Atria35 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 am

TheMewster (post: 1498917) wrote:4. Working'!!---Looks like a fun and energetic slice of life show. And it may just make me wanna get a job.

I just hope we can view these titles legally in the us. Please pray that Crunchyroll gets them.

That's the second season of Working!, so see if you can't see the first season before then!
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:52 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1493550) wrote:I love how everyone forgets that I was so mad at the LE series I didn't finish it, while fish actually finished it, and they call him out about it all the time. Seriously though, stop throwing it in his face, it's bordering on trolling at this point.

I think that Fish's distaste for LE has reached memetic status because he always refuses to explain why he hates it so much (as far as I know.) What about you, what's not to love? :)

I, as always, have little interest in keeping up with the latest stuff and will check it out long after you, my beloved beta-testers have collectively discerned the hay from the wheat.
Maokun

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Maokun (post: 1499439) wrote:I think that Fish's distaste for LE has reached memetic status because he always refuses to explain why he hates it so much (as far as I know.) What about you, what's not to love? :)
Fish has actually laid out his reasons for hating it many times, and has stopped doing so mainly because he has already complained about it many times longform so it would be redundant to do so again.

I believe the moe thread and podcast episode 27 are the best places to start.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Maokun » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Sweet. I guess it happened during one of my long exiles and I missed and never could find them. Thanks!

EDIT: Well, that was a most interesting read (the whole moe thread, not only Fish' thoughts on LE,) and I regret not having been around for it.

Fish's analysis was really thoughtful and reasonable, but I'd argue there's a slightly misapplied interpretation or at least a skewed interpretation perspective born apparently from his own expectations and bias; then again, that's what personal taste is and I'm at least satisfied to know he's really thought about the matter and has solid arguments to support his opinion. Having said that, this whole thing has little to do with the thread, so I'll stop derailing it now. I'll be happy to continue discussion (if any) in PM.
Maokun

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Maokun (post: 1499439) wrote:I think that Fish's distaste for LE has reached memetic status because he always refuses to explain why he hates it so much (as far as I know.) What about you, what's not to love? :)

I, as always, am little interested in keeping up with the latest stuff and will check it out long after you, my beloved beta-testers have collectively discerned the hay from the wheat.

No it's more because he hates it so much that it's reached somewhat memematic status.

He appears to hate it to such a degree that people will mention it just to see if he'll RAGE about it.

But anyway, enough about that.

It is my sincere hope that Crunchy gets ahold of Fate/zero.
Yamamaya

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:32 am

Yamamaya (post: 1499455) wrote:It is my sincere hope that Crunchy gets ahold of Fate/zero.
The producer for Madoka said that he regrets that there was no legal venue for people to watch Madoka, so he hopes to make a deal so that people don't have to torrent Fate/zero.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:54 am

I hope CR gets it because it's the only streaming service that isn't awful.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 am

Fish and Chips A.K.A. That Guy Who Hates Your Favorite Show.

So Last Exile became a thing not because I watched it and didn't like it, but because people who watched it and did like it couldn't conceive of how anybody could watch it and not like it. I've posted snippets - and only ever snippets - of my full beef with the show because early viewer response confirmed that, while nobody actually cared to talk about why I thought the show was bad, there was a common consensus that I was "Probably a meanie-head" who "Was ruining everyone's day," and "Should probably be ignored."

Subsequently, I've tried to avoid having Dislikes Last Exile as my defining attribute on this board, if only because I'm bitter that Ask Me About Giant Robo hasn't taken off, so when it becomes relevant I mention offhandedly that, yeah, I'm that guy, and move on.

That said, if you'd like the full Literary Treatsie on the Narrative Shortcomings of Gonzo as Exhibited in the Last of the Exiles, feel free to mail me $15 to recieve a note saying I'll get around to it eventually.

Or, you could just pester me in PM.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 am

Guilty Crown is actually looking pretty hawt there. Hype level has jumped.

Gundam AGE will probably depend on how much time I have.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:41 am

I'll definitely be watching Gundam AGE. I'm excited for it and hope it brings in new fans.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Maokun » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1499481) wrote:That said, if you'd like the full Literary Treatsie on the Narrative Shortcomings of Gonzo as Exhibited in the Last of the Exiles, feel free to mail me $15 to recieve a note saying I'll get around to it eventually.

Or, you could just pester me in PM.

Since mailing you $15 from where I live would cost around $50, I think I'll just pester you in PM :)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Nekomimi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:50 am

Thanks, blkmage! I see new crack in my future!

PERSONA!!!!
Nekomimi

Postby blkmage » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Gundam AGE, at the very least is going to have an awesome OP/ED:

Furitto Asuno: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
Emily Amondo: Aya Endo
Dike Ganheiru: Kouki Miyata
Guruudekku Einoa: Hiroki Touchi
Wolf Eniakuru: Daisuke Ono
Narration: Kazuhiko Inoue
Opening Theme Song: JAM Project
Ending Theme Song: Minami Kuribayashi
"Kimi no Naka no Eiyū" ("The Hero in You")

brb listening to Muv-Luv OP/ED
blkmage

Postby Neane » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Wonderful News blkmage.
Neane

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Rylynn4869 (post: 1495135) wrote:This makes me happy!

OH GOOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE EXCITED ABOUT THIS. :>

Seriously...Every person who wants to get into creating comics should read/watch this manga/anime. They teach so much...Mostly on a creative personal level though. I know it made me wish I had an editor...Especially one like Hatori. <3

But no, I'm totally excited for a lot of these to be out.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby blkmage » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:38 am

Word on the street is that the first episode of Fate/Zero is a one-hour special, which makes it about as long as more than half of the Kara no Kyoukai movies (☞゚∀゚)☞
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:22 pm

More PVs:

Guilty Crown PV 2
Un-Go PV 1
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle PV
Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing PV 2
Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere PV 2

The Guilty Crown one was just posted today and is really, really awesome. I think it managed to hype me up like 10x what I was before.

Also, I'm pretty happy with the amount of longer series we are getting this season. At least eight are confirmed two-cour as of now: Bakuman2, Fate/Zero, P4, Phi Brain, Shana3, Chihayafuru, Mirai Nikki, and Guilty Crown. This isn't even counting the longer Gundam AGE and HxH, or Horizon which was originally announced for two seasons so another cour at least will air sometime next year.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:29 pm

That Guilty Crown PV was hot, but honestly, I think I ended up being more excited at the promise of a hot new supercell single.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:27 pm

The first streaming announcement of the season going around twitter right now is for Fate/Zero, which will be streamed on NicoNico and will include Korean, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish subtitles.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

There's a new Kimi to Boku PV on the official website. I like it.

Apparently, Guilty Crown has Code Geass' writing team on it. Maybe this director will be able to do it right.

And I haven't really looked around to confirm, but I've heard that the new HxH anime is only 36 episodes long, is really only for monies, and the manga will be going on hiatus in December.

And in news that surprises no one, Crunchyroll is getting Squid Girl again.
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Shakugan no Shana III (Final) PV
Persona 4 PV14

So, apparently it will be Galileo Galilei (Ano Hana, Ookiku Furikabutte) doing the first opening for Gundam AGE, and not JAM Project. I'm not sure what was going on there.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews