Giving thanks for our bountiful [Fall 2011] anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1518902) wrote:I was unaware that Funimation was no longer a North American company.
You discovered their secret!

Funimation just before HatnClogs tries to watch Guilty Crown.

Also, while we are talking about Guilty Crown: are Japanese boys really wearing capris? I've seen trend this in a lot of recent anime. I wanna know if it reflects reality because it's, you know, preeeeety tragic.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 am

A Guilty Crown thread is just going to be an entire thread of

Re: capris, I have no idea, but I've been watching Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and that was something that really broke my suspension of disbelief. It's like, okay, I get that he looks like a scary delinquent, but the guy wears capris. Really, everyone is afraid of this guy?

Actually, I do have to say that this week's GC was also hilarious, other than Shu regressing. Ayase and Tsugumi are definite favourites and ronery Daryl was also lololol. But yeah, a beach episode. I think that's as good a signal as any to determine what kind of show this wants to be.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:43 am

You know, magey, that meme/macro sort of encapsulates my relationship with the show, though it overstates the case a little. I find it to be a very flawed show with a lot of things that bug me (Inori); however, I bizarrely look forward to watching it, find it appealing, and kind of enjoy it(?) in a way that I did not enjoy Sacred Seven. I guess it's one of ghostlightning's enjoyment vs like kind of things.

Next week needs more s'plosions.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Guilty Crown tells me astrology is true, so I believe it.

In all seriousness, this episode was a lot more satisfying overall, though it did some stuff at the end that I didn't care for as much.

Did the girl stop following them at some point or...?
TheSubtleDoctor

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews