[Let's Watch!] Mawaru Penguindrum: "a penguin-like show" (・⊝・)

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:12 am

Oh, you're right, I am a dumb.
blkmage

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:29 am

blkmage (post: 1523396) wrote:Oh, you're right, I am a dumb.

Naw, there a lot of stuff passing by you at a mile of minute in the show. It`s easy to miss things. :D

Plus, that episode for me would have been watched recently (in comparison to those watching week by week), since I only picked up the show the week before last.
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I think I am done riding trains for a while...:eh:
But it was worth it! :D
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby blkmage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm

So I was on the train the other day and I thought of something.

blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Alright, no one is going for it, so.

Penguindrum is about families and familial relationships. There's a lot of talk about fate and destiny, but it becomes pretty clear that the thread tying everything together is family. There's obviously way more here than I'll say for now, but let's get the ball rolling.

I hate the word "fate."
Birth, encounters, partings, success and failure, fortune and misfortunes in life.
If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born?
There are those born to wealthy families, those born of beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty.
If that's all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel.
Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn't amount to anything.

Families are determined by fate. You don't get to choose who your parents or siblings are. Shouma didn't get to choose whether is parents were terrorists or not. Kanba didn't choose to be born into a wealthy family. Himari couldn't choose not to be born into a family that didn't want her. And all of the other characters didn't get to choose to be born into their families with terrible parents. That's their fate.

Why are people born?
If people are born only to suffer the hard life, is it meant as some kind of punishment?
Or a cynical joke?
If that's the case, animals that adhere to the survival strategies programmed in their DNA are far more elegant and simple.
If there really is an existence worthy of being called a God, I want to ask him one thing.
Is there really a fate in the universe?
If a man ignored the fate, and ignored his instincts and DNA to love someone else...
Dear God, Is he really human?
Just wondering.

SURVIVAL STRATEGY turns out to be much less grand than something like saving the human race from future disaster. In fact, SURVIVAL STRATEGY is all laid out here. What's our SURVIVAL STRATEGY? We protect and love those who are biologically related to us, our family. Why? It's in our DNA.

But what if a man ignored fate, his instincts and DNA to love someone else? What if a man abandoned the biological family he was fated with and chose another family to love?

Just wondering.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 am

Does anyone know if the awesome take on Dvorak's New World Symphony from episode 10 has been released on OST yet?
Neane

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews