So, having seen both Clannad and Kanon, I noticed a few things. Spoilers for both.

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

So, having seen both Clannad and Kanon, I noticed a few things. Spoilers for both.

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:46 am

Namely, a character from Clannad appears in Kanon.

[SPOILER]Near the end of the series, when they are in the hospital visiting Ayu, one of the nurses looked odd. I realized it was Fujibayashi from Clannad, the one who became a nurse. I thought at first it was Akiko or Naiyuki, but she didn't look enough like them for that to be the case.[/spoiler]

Anyone else notice similarities?

[spoiler]I also liked the little touch at the very end of Kanon, where the fox can be seen peeking out from behind the stump of the old tree.[/spoiler]
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby TWWK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Is that right? I'll have to go check back on that - Kanon is among my all-time favorites, and also adore Clannad.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Juliannesan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 pm

I honestly didn't find that much similar to the two shows, and I enjoyed Clannad far more than Kanon. Although Kanon was good. I still enjoyed Clannad a lot more, and it was also more realistic.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Given that they were both made by Key, there was bound to be some references at some point, if not incredibly subtle ones.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews