Which Ghibli film deserves a sequel?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Nanao » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:43 pm

I would also love to see a Spirited Away sequel. Howl's Moving Castle would be awesome as well, as steenjack pointed out there are more in the series. Personally, I like the movie better than the book. I've most wondered about Spirited Away though. It would be great to see a continuation of the story.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Smileloviene » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:14 pm

Let me think about this...

I agree, Howl's Moving Castle or Whisper of the Heart could have a sequel, along with the Cat returns :thumb: All of those had an open enough ending and I looked them enough to watch a sequel, as long as it didn't ruin it or something.
Ponyo could use one if they really wanted to, it's cute... but where would the story really go? I'm not sure what else was left to say that would fill a whole movie.
Castle in the sky? Nah. The end was pretty conclusive.
Spirited Away? Yes, I didn't care for that movie too much, but the drop of of the two main characters relationship was the worst part for me. I really wanted to see that boy get out of the witch's hold, and I didn't see that, so I was bothered :shady: So yeah, of all of them, it could use it the most, I think, even though I might look forward more to the ones I liked more (aka whisper of the heart and howl's.)
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color="DarkOrchid"]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. ~ Habakkuk 3:19[/color][/SIZE][/font][PHP][/PHP]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[color="Yellow"]@)[/color][color="Lime"]}~`,~[/color][color="Cyan"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/font][/color]
Smileloviene

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews