Mr. Masq's Musings: "Vandread"

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Mr. Masq's Musings: "Vandread"

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:43 pm

I just finished "Vandread" and "Vandread: The Second Stage" on Hulu.
And that means it's time for.........
[SIZE="4"][font="Impact"]"Mr. Masquerade's Moonlit Musings of Mystical Mystery!"[/font][/SIZE]
(...I might need a better name...)

Summary: In a universe where men and women are mortal enemies, Hibiki is captured by a band of female pirates. The group find themselves stranded with a super ship they dub the Nirvana and set out for the female home planet. Along the way, they discover the existence of the "The Harvest" and the possible destruction of both men and women.
(from Anime News Network)

Review: This summary doesn't even BEGIN to scratch the surface of "Vandread"! At first its a straightforward plot, but it soon evolves into a complex story with twists, turns, relationships, and giant fighting robots!

Season 1 doesn't start off great. It appears that they wanted to "emphasize" the fact that the ship is FULL of women. (Some know what I mean...) About halfway through, "Vandread" starts to focus less on the women and more on the "Harvest"(a good move on my chart). The "Harvest" gets increasingly harder to defeat. (meaning you won't be seeing the same fight over and over!) On a personal note, the Vandreads just look awesome.
I give season 1 a 7/10.

"Vandread: The Second Stage" starts immediately where S1 left off...and brings with it everything S1 needed! Character development, major plot twists, and some dark revelations mix together in S2 to create an amazing anime worthy of all viewers! There are some intense moments, emotional moments, and moments that make you burst into laughter! 10/10!
There are some moments in S2 that are not exactly "Family Friendly", but overall a great anime!

For the series as a whole....9/10

Now.....What do you think? (I want to start writing reviews, but I am going to need some pointers!)
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:48 pm

https://www.christiananime.net/submit.php

One could start here, since it's the form for writing reviews for this site.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Masquerade1412 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Wow....that's a long form! I'll try it out! Thanks!
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews