[Let's Watch!] Natsume Yuujin Chou

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

[Let's Watch!] Natsume Yuujin Chou

Postby Darth_Kirby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 am

I don't know, but I'm assuming that anyone can post one of these [Let's Watch!] threads, right? This show is one of my favorite 'mellow' shows, but it has its moments of action as well. I like the sentimental feel of the show above all else though.

As for the premise of the show, let's just say that it sounds cliche at first, but its not. The author does an awesome job of using an overused premise and turning it into an enjoyable story. Each show can be watched stand alone almost, but by the second season you will start to get lost if you haven't watched the previous season.

The premise takes awhile to explain and there are some spoilers in it so...
[spoiler="click here"][color="Black"]Natsume is just an ordinary kid, except he can see spirits, just like his grandma Reiko could. Reiko, though, used to bully the spirits, and bound them to her will in the Book of Friends. Now that Natsume has inherited this book, a never-ending stream of spirits is coming after him. With the help of a spirit cat; (who really just wants Natsume to die so he can have the book), Natsume spends his days dissolving the contracts that bind the spirits and trying not to get killed.[/color][/spoiler]
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews