Post your AMVs

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Post your AMVs

Postby solidray2002 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:02 am

I thought it would be interesting to see the different AMV's from the CAA community. You can post your link and about them here!
"To live is Christ, to die is gain" Philippians 1:21
solidray2002

Postby Midknight74012 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:08 am

Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby solidray2002 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 am

Very well made. I like the "dominique no!" in the Anemone hungers!
solidray2002

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

Moved to Anime.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Wow, I remember the day where mods would close these threads faster than a cosplayer would run after a guest VA. XDDD
ADXC

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Here's my one based around Giant Robo. Despite saying I might I've never had the itch to make another AMV again.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:00 pm

ADXC (post: 1482257) wrote:Wow, I remember the day where mods would close these threads faster than a cosplayer would run after a guest VA. XDDD
...wat?

Also, I wish I could make my own AMVs. :< But, I sadly don't have the means or time.
That Giant Robo AMV was one of the many things that pushed me to finally buying and watching the series, Bigsleep. :D
goldenspines

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 pm

ADXC (post: 1482257) wrote:Wow, I remember the day where mods would close these threads faster than a cosplayer would run after a guest VA. XDDD

goldenspines (post: 1482325) wrote:...wat?

Hm, yeah, I don't think they're legal, at least not for most anime. Ironically, they do serve the purpose of getting people interested in a show. Sure this thread isn't going to close?
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby ADXC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:57 pm

@ Goldenspines- That's how I remember most AMV threads. Usually they were either locked or deleted all together.

There were times when I wanted to talk about AMVs in the past, but others said, "OH THAT'S ILLEGAL!"
ADXC

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1482334) wrote:Hm, yeah, I don't think they're legal, at least not for most anime. Ironically, they do serve the purpose of getting people interested in a show. Sure this thread isn't going to close?
Oh yes, now I remember.
I'm not fluent in the rules of copyright for anime/videos in general. I'll get back to you on that after further research.
goldenspines

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:53 pm

If AMVs are illegal then why do anime conventions hold contest for them? 0.o
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:01 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1482362) wrote:If AMVs are illegal then why do anime conventions hold contest for them? 0.o

Because they're so freakin' popular. And a lot of fans don't consider them really illegal, since Fair Use allows if it's transformative in nature (it's not really the work, they aren't uploading the whole show/episode, they're just using pieces of it in unrelated art- best way I can put it). Now, the music for it isn't covered under that, but it's debatable whether the video is.

EDIT: It's kinda why doujinshi are okay, and why some authors allow fanfiction.
Atria35

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Also, most companies these days don't care anymore. Example:

Funimation's FAQ wrote:Can I make an AMV/FMV of my favorite anime and upload it to YouTube?
We cannot expressly authorize you to upload video or use FUNimation’] such as a satire, parody, review or critique. For more on fair use, please see this Wikipedia entry:

Also, please bear in mind that video streaming services such as YouTube occasionally employ "video fingerprinting" technology to identify and remove videos containing ANY unauthorized footage, whether it's arguably a fair use or not.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:23 pm

AMVs are not covered under fair dealing laws, since they're considered derivative works and usually not satire/parody or critique and thus, without explicit permission from the rights holders, it is illegal to distribute them. Now, generally, it's not worth the time or resources of the rights holders to take action against this kind of infringing material. In fact, it's a substantial part of the fan culture that it's probably detrimental to their business.

However, it's fully within their rights to ask for takedowns if they so desire. A few years ago, companies started pressuring Nico Nico Douga to take down a large number of MADs (which are the Japanese equivalent of of AMVs). Of course, this led to a huge outcry from the community, but those videos still got taken down because. In fact, as far as I understand, fair dealing provisions in Japan are a lot less accommodating than those in the US.

The same goes for doujinshi. If production committees suddenly decided to, they could just call the police and have them arrest everyone at a Comiket or a Tora no Ana. Obviously, the backlash would be far more severe than having a couple videos taken down, which is why they don't.
blkmage

Postby solidray2002 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 pm

I apologize, I did not know there was dispute on AMV's, (I didn't even know what an AMV was until today). So there is no problem with a mod deleting the thread. Now I know :)
solidray2002

Postby airichan623 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm

No don't! I wanna share!

Mine are all Gundam Seed AMVs, since I would make more but my comp is dying...

"My Life Would Suck Without YOU"--AthrunXCagalli
"Face Up"-Athrun and Cagalli
"Pretend"- AthrunXCagalli
"Hanging on by a Thread"- KiraXLacus

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:58 pm

@blkmage - Where do you find that kind of info?

LadyRushia (post: 1482366) wrote:Also, most companies these days don't care anymore.

blkmage (post: 1482371) wrote:Now, generally, it's not worth the time or resources of the rights holders to take action against this kind of infringing material. In fact, it's a substantial part of the fan culture that it's probably detrimental to their business.

You mean it's detrimental to the business if the companies take it down, right? Or did you mean making AMVs IS detrimental to the business?

Also, Rushia's quote seems to imply the same thing Nintendo does concerning their music, logos, and such. They don't want to explicitly give you permission because that would let you do pretty much anything you could fit in the category of *blah blah blah*. At the same time, I think companies like having a sub culture that promotes their business (which is why I was asking for clarification on what blkmage said).
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:12 pm

I must've edited my sentence halfway or something. Yes, for the most part, MADs and AMVs take content and mix them up in interesting ways that not only promotes the content that was used, but also strengthens the fanbase and community. Since they don't negatively affect sales, the only benefit to taking down these videos is if you wanted to exercise extremely strict control on the content. In the anime community, especially in Japan, that sort of control usually isn't worth antagonizing the fanbase for.

What I know about copyright comes from a few years of following copyright law and digital issues blogs. And the stuff about the Japanese fanbase is because I try to keep up with what's going on on that side of the internet.
blkmage

Postby Midknight74012 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:18 am

In any case, I think I'll be making a few more Eureka Seven AMVs in the next day or 2. Got the necessary video converter but with the size of these files, and the number of them, it's gonna take a while.
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby solidray2002 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 am

Wow, those were really cool airichan!
solidray2002

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:54 am

goldenspines (post: 1482325) wrote:That Giant Robo AMV was one of the many things that pushed me to finally buying and watching the series, Bigsleep. :D

Thank you for taking part in my indoctrination experiment. :P

Seriously, I'm glad to have been of service.

Edit: Also, where do you get that cool Giant Robo fan-art you're always sporting for avatars?
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm

What does "MAD" stand for?
MightiMidget

Postby ADXC » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 pm

These aren't mine, but they are AMVs that I saw at Animazement this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg0J5d3Ezcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yF18T6JEQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDGX5cFh7UE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxngrJlVByQ

EDIT: Yeah, Ke$ha is too much for CAA. XD
ADXC

Postby MrKrillz0r » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B90Q3Vz6udw

Naruto AMV, it got loads of spoilers so if your afraid of that don't watch it. ^^
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Wallachia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:35 pm

[SIZE="3"][MAD] Code Geass - One-Winged Bird (Umineko no Naku Koro ni Opening Parody)[/SIZE]

You see these big, obnoxious letters that stand out and pretty much yell for attention? You will click on them.

You cannot resist.
MightiMidget (post: 1482522) wrote:What does "MAD" stand for?

(From Wikipedia)
A MAD Movie (MADムービー Maddo Mūbī?) is a Japanese fan-made video, much like an anime music video (AMV), that generally originate from the Japanese website Nico Nico Douga. MAD can also describe the Japanese AMV community, although they can be anything from audio clips, edited pictures, to wholly original creations. MADs do not necessarily even need to be related to anime, though the more popular ones typically are. The term MAD (occasionally M@D) is thought to be a reference to the name of one of the original MADs, rather than a particular acronym for anything.

Wallachia

Postby Winry » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:42 am

Here's my best AMV so far. It's a FMA one paired with Going Under by Evanescence. Haven't had the time to make new AMV in quite a while sadly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sciw43PMobM
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby ADXC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:59 am

ADXC

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews