Let's Watch: Beast King GoLion!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:00 am

Episode 23: “Friday the 13th”
Summary:Honverva plots to attack Altea on the thirteenth of the month as the GoLion team is enjoying a summer swim. Fala is disciplined for her choice of swimwear and is locked in her room during the battle only to be confronted by Sincline himself! When a giant Beastman named Kauman gets involved this will be a Friday the GoLion team will not forget!
Thoughts: If I remember right, the scene where Fala took a dip and lost her bikini's top half actually made it in to our version. I guess it's because we just see that half float away and that's it. So...implied nudity is okay, but actually seeing it isn't? Yeah, that makes sense. (note: I just like to point out how screwed up TV is about censorship. That's all I mean about this.) This was an okay episode with some pretty funny moments.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Episode 24: “Look for the Little Shadows”
Summary:A pack of evil alien rats are sent to Castle Gradam to destroy it from the inside. It’s up to Fala’s mice to help save the day but the problems go from small to large when the evil rats combine to form a Beastman known as Catgun! Can the mice help save the day and win some cheese in the process?
Thoughts: It's about time they translated Platt and company's squeaks and gave him more of a spotlight. This was a cute episode.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Episode 25 “Destroy the Giant Cannon!”
Summary: Emporer Daibazaal has a secret new weapon being developed on the Planet Mura in the form of a massive cannon capable of destroying even GoLion! Moody and Kogane infiltrate the planet and attempt to sabotage the project but encounter a former slave with a vengeance against Altea!
Thoughts: This was pretty good, but we're getting into a rut here. Can't the bad guys get an edge on Golion at least once?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Episode 26: “Defeat the Invisible Enemy”
Summary:The evil witch Honerva creates her deadliest Beastman yet with an added power of invisibility! The beast attacks Fala, Shorty, Hys and Fala in the forest as the group attempts to escape. Sincline raises the stakes when he grows the invisible into a monster size to take on GoLion itself!
Thoughts: An invisible enemy seems like a nice touch, but of course they're able to find a flaw in its pattern. Just give up, bad guys.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Episode 27: “Giant Beastman's Lullaby”
SummaryOn the Planet Meduse, Honerva discovers a race of Gorgons who are able to turn enemies into stone by looking at them. Thinking this would make an excellent Beastman, they kidnap a female Gorgon and force her to fight the GoLion team. Instead the Gorgon takes Shorty and treats him as her own child due to his size. An enraged Sincline sends a backup Beastman to destroy the GoLion team and their new Gorgon ally as well!
Thoughts: It figures a planet named Meduse would have Gorgons on it. And for once, we got friendly monsters!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Episode 28: “The Demon's Birthday”
Summary:For his 106th birthday Sincline gets a present from his father Emporer Daibazaal of a gold statue that is to be constructed on the Planet Walbrane. The GoLion team inadvertently intercepts the cargo ship carrying the gift and must disguise themselves as Galra guards. When Sincline senses the ruse he captures the team and plans to make Fala his special birthday present…
Thoughts:Sincline is over a century? Man, those Galrans sure age well. And Sincline doesn't need Fala, he's got his own concubine! Just pick one of those babes, dude. Heck, pick a different one every day of the week. It worked for King Solomon. (I apologize to any women reading this. I'm just saying...)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Episode 29: “Comes a Fiery Sky”
Summary: A fiery new Beastman approaches named Devilburn who is scorching the Planet Altea and hitting the land with an intense heat wave. The GoLion team springs into action but cannot form GoLion without water to power Blue Lion! Sincline uses this chance to try and capture Fala but Yellow Lion has a plan to dig deep for water to save the day.
Thoughts: The whole time Fala's dad was saying "Search for water", I kept thinking "Why don't they dig for it?" And Hothead actually came up with the solution? So he does have a brain after all!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Episode 30: “The Prince Imperial's Dark Love”
Summary:Sincline is haunted by a recurring dream in which his mother calls out to him only to be attacked by a demon. The Prince demands to know the truth about his mother from Emperor Daibazaal who is insisting Sincline marry Princess Sahlia from the Planet Galleria. Sincline decides he can have more than one wife and attacks Fala with a magic knife that sends her into a deep sleep. Believing her to be dead, the GoLion team vow revenge on Sincline.
Thoughts: This episode was quite intriguing at first. Sincline just doesn't know when to give up. Sahlia seems like a perfect match for him, but as they say, "Men marry their mothers." Since Fala bears a slight resemblance to his late mother, he still wants her. Shorty had guts in this episode, taking on that carriage all by himself. I think this was definitely one of the better episodes.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue May 03, 2011 5:12 am

Episode 31: The Dreaded Mecha Beastman
Summary: After challenging his own father to a duel for the throne, Sincline demands to be turned into a Beastman to defeat GoLion. Honerva tells them a new and improved armor coating she has created that will resist GoLion’s King Sword Jyuohken! Meanwhile, Altea launches an early warning satellite that quickly informs them of the impending Galra attack. With this new Beastman Lambda knowing all of GoLion’s weak points, will the team be able to survive?
Thoughts: Cool, Sincline's challenged his dad! Bout time he took some initiative. And why didn't they use this armor earlier if it could withstand the sword?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 04, 2011 5:06 am

Episode 32: Behold! The 100-ton Punch
Summary: The GoLion team is training harder than ever to unlock the full potential of the GoLion robot especially Princess Fala who does not want to be the weak link of the team. A remodeled version of the Beastman Lambda, now named Gamma, is sent to attack Altea providing the team with some on the job training. Only after King Raible’s secret unlocking of the legendary “Four Lion Head Attack” is the team able to tap into GoLion’s incredible powers.
Thoughts: GRR! Half the episode was missing! And when I went to youtube to watch it, it was the previous episode! GRRR!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Episode 33: “Terror of the Space Frogs”
Summary: Honerva develops a Beastman she hopes is capable of repelling the “Four Head Lion Attack” named Omega Subgar. To distract the GoLion team, a wave of killer space frogs is unleashed on Altea terrorizing the people. The Lions must take on the frogs before facing the Beastman itself. Will the frogs croak or will GoLion choke?
Thoughts: Hmm, Honerva's getting biblical here. Let's see what attacks Golion has now, just for the sake of keeping track:
Cross Beam
Fire Tornado
Some kind of shuriken
Four Head Lion Attack
and of course...King's Sword Jyuhoken
There, I think that's it.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Episode 34: “Underground Operation”
Summary:Sincline plans to dig below the Castle Gradam, capture Princess Fala, and plant a massive bomb to destroy the castle and the GoLion team in it. The drilling is causing massive earthquakes which alerts Shorty to the danger who investigates along with the help of a local boy Mario but are soon captured and strapped to the bomb themselves. The rest of the GoLion team must rescue them before taking on a giant drill-machine Beastman named Delta!
Thoughts: Is it just me or is Shorty becoming a load lately? This is at least the fourth or fifth time he's had to be rescued, I think.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Tue May 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Episode 35: “Protect the Soccer Field”
Summary: In a show of rebuilding and reunification, the GoLion team helps construct a soccer stadium for the youths of Altea. Meanwhile, Honerva creates a Beastman able to control the massive construction machine the GoLion team is using to build the stadium with! Will they be able to destroy the Beastman without harming any of the children inside the stadium?
Thoughts: For once, it's Hothead who's all buddy-buddy with the kiddies instead of Shorty. And once again, that nanny is annoying me. Other than that, just another formulaic episode for the show.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Episode 36: “Mortal Combat of Light and Shadowâ€

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu May 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Episode 37: “Space Speed Demonâ€

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews