Let's Watch! Goukaiger and OOO!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Nate » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:so...what are the other 9 worlds? is "Dino-earth" from Abarangers one of them?

The eleven worlds are: Human World, Machine World, Christmas World, Samurai World, Gunman World, Junk World, Sound World, Stormy World, Magic World, Prism World, and Glass World.

When dinosaurs were around, Human World was called Dino World. Dino-Earth is an alternate Earth, and thus not part of the 11 worlds. The 11 worlds are not parallel universes, they're part of this universe. Dino-Earth is a parallel universe, so it's something completely different.
Battle J Fever is the weirdest sentai team EVER!

They're actually the first Super Sentai team. Goranger and JAKQ came first, but they were just regular Sentai teams. The "Super" from Super Sentai came from the giant robots that the team piloted. While Goranger and JAKQ had vehicles, they didn't have giant robots. Battle Fever J did. For a long time, Goranger and JAKQ were not considered Super Sentai. In episode 1 of Turboranger, it referenced the "past ten Super Sentai," with Goranger and JAKQ excluded. However, when Kakuranger was airing, Toei announced that Goranger and JAKQ would be included in the Super Sentai branding, and so Ohranger became the 19th Super Sentai series.

Funny story, is Battle Fever J was a co-production with Marvel. Y'know, like Marvel Comics. It was inspired by Captain America, and was very similar to the Spider-Man series that had been previously done, especially the giant robot part. Spider-Man was the first costumed hero to pilot a giant robot, and this was carried over to Battle Fever J, and became a staple of Super Sentai ever since.
Must say that the go-onger mech upgrade looks kind of dumb though

MechFalcon is a lot like GaoLion in that while it can be ridden like that, it also has a proper mecha mode that combines with GokaiOh. They're probably just introducing it the next episode, and then they'll use its actual mecha mode afterwards.

But yes, I loved this episode, though no surprise since I love Go-Onger so much. Sousuke's hair seems to have gotten less crazy since his time as a hero. My biggest complaint though is they shamelessly re-used a suit from Shinkenger vs. Go-Onger for the villain at the end. He has a different name (Babaccheed, whereas the one in the special was Batcheed), but it's the same suit, hell, even the same voice actor. That's kind of disappointing. The suit for Sheruff Lovemess was one they'd used before too, but they at least recolored it and changed some stuff.

As far as Sheruff Lovemess's voice, Wikipedia has it listed as Takaya Kuroda, who doesn't have any HUGE roles, but was cast as Starscream in Transformers Cybertron, Yaiba from Boukenger, but probably most famously, Kazuma Kiryu in the Yakuza games.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:52 pm

lets go on part two!!!

-"so where are those pesky pirates" lol. I love it when the bad guys end up wanting the good guys to help fight a different bad guy ^^
-Machine World looks a lot like the planet Ban was on at the start of Dekaranger
-Ack! creepy sparkles!!
-are machfalcon's exhaust pipes supposed to look like a hand?
-wowo, this is the first time since...forever, that we've seen the individual mechs of the rangers
-bad guys vs bad guys! totally epic and hilarious!
-that was an excellent chase scene!!!
-that fight scene was AWESOME!!! the Go-onger powers rock. Especially those rocket daggers. that was brain explodingly cool! and then they have to change back to use that annoying blaster ><
-the giant soul insertion scene was epic! but the Go-on power up is still kind of lame. Probably my least favorite so far.
-next episode preview looks intriguing: we get a battle with the extra rangers, and apparently the main villian is going to be taking direct part this time. I wonder if this is a sign he;s about to be defeated to make way for a stronger commander in the empire.

This episode was GREAT, and I think this may be my favorite crossover we've had so far. an excellent two parter that gave lots of screen time and signifigance to the previous series characters and ideas, and some truly excellent on foot fight scenes. only dissapointment really was the new upgrade.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:58 pm

And now you know why MachFalcon's exhaust looks like a hand. :p I told you he was like GaoLion!

Nice use of the extra hero keys though. But I'm still disappointed there's no Ninjaman key.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 am

next episode!

-thats a really good question. Does Gokaiger have an ultimate power of its own?
-what kind of evil emperor makes a giant robot that looks like his weirdo incompetent son?
-oooh, villain character development! I wonder if Damaras might end up turning good in the future
-yay! more villain development! I am liking this very much
-its cute that Ahim is the one to give her sword to Joe!
-great sword fight between Joe and Barizog!
-lol, the new red mooks are pretty cool. I wonder if they'll be sticking around.
-Wolzard Fire!!! Dekaswan! Yay!
-what's with the whole "zun zun" thing? is that some in-joke or refrence?
-this giant mech kind of reminds me of that final giant mech from Zyuranger, that was piloted by Bandora's son (and Goldar in the dub). and also that giant statue from Devil May Cry 4.
-hey, wait a minute, when Gokai-oh uses the abaranger powers to steal the arms off of Silver's mech, what happens to that mech? seems like it should gain gokai-oh's arms and keep fighting, but it just disapears
-next episode preview!: wow, that new mech form looks amazing!!!

This was another really great episode. seems they;ve been on a role for a while now ^^. I like that it appears that the show is finally starting to grow a real plot, beyond just "fight the monster of the week and maybe meet rangers from the past" thing we've had going for so long. Excellent fight scenes all around, including the mech battle, and some dramatic twists. And I liked the villains actually showing some depth, hope to see more of that in the future. Looking forward to next weeks episode. I really hope that this might be the start of a more serialized arc; we are getting into the last 4th of the show, so it would be nice to have less emphasis on monster of the week type stuff.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:-what's with the whole "zun zun" thing? is that some in-joke or refrence?

From the site:

When the team transforms into the extra warriors, Luka starts doing Zuban’s little ‘zun zun’ vocal tic to annoy the Dogormin, who have their own little ‘dogo’ tic. All the Gormin variants have their own tics, actually, but as the lower variants don’t really talk much it’s rarely an issue. Anyway, we don’t sub tics, but I thought it’s worth pointing out her use of the tic is a reference to the fact Zuban could only communicate with such in Bouken, and the source of the argument is her engaging them in a tic-off.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:09 pm

episode 38!!

-everyone is on the run!
-lol to Gai's reaction
-wow deflectedthose shots without even moving!
-suit shattered! Never seen that before
-yay! its Tuxedo Ranger! So is he still alive, or is this just a dream? and are we ever going to see him unmoprhed!?
-Barizog is dead :( I wasn;t expecting that to end up happening to the character. And it looks like the Big Bad actually did care for him. cool.
-the Gormin are horrible shots. couldn;t even hitthem when they were standing right there.
-wow, those Elite Mooks didn;t put up much of a fight this time. Kinda anti-climactic
-Ultimate Gokaioh is freakin awesome!!!!!
-the finishing move is kind of meh though
-hahaha, the scene at the end was hilarious!
- the prince is still alive!?!? O_O no wait, just being carried out...
-next episode preview! So they're going to be hanging out in a highschool. could this be...Megaranger? yes I think so. especially since there is a team shot of them in the background of that one scene.
-Another movie!?!?! And this time its Gokaiger vs VR Troopers, lol.

This episode was good, but It wasn;t as good as the previous episode, or the Go-onger two parter. Maybe it was due to there being a bit too much obvious exposition, what with the two sort-of dream sequences from Joe and Marvelous. Also the first time where I would say that the mech fight was better than the on foot fights.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:25 pm

The teacher with curly hair they're talking to is Kenta, so yep, it's Megaranger next.

Yep, since they already did the Sentai VS movie with 199 Heroes, the VS movie they're coming out with is the first ever crossover with Toei's Metal Heroes series, this being the first one, Space Sheriff Gavan. This makes me wonder if there will be more Sentai/Metal Heroes crossovers, which would be pretty cool.

Also, the person who played Gavan in the TV series (Kenji Ohba) also was Battle Kenya in Battle Fever J and Denji Blue in Denjiman. Wikipedia says the guy is going to be playing all three roles in the movie, meaning that Gokaiger VS Gavan will likely be where Gokaiger obtains the Battle Fever J and Denjiman powers.
the finishing move is kind of meh though

Respect your elders, boy. The Rocket Punch is the strongest attack known to mecha shows, and also the oldest and most famous. This means that Ultimate GokaiOh's finisher is THE BEST POSSIBLE FINISHER YOU CAN HAVE.

Anyway, speaking of 199 Heroes...it was great! A lot of fun, although it was a bit annoying to see Deka Pink, Dyna Blue, and Ryuu Ranger delegated to such small roles and have very little effect on the overall plot. The scenes with them were just kind of boring and it was like "Get back to the fighting!"

The Legend War was kind of cool, though. STILL disappointed by no Ninjaman. But I did like the dynamic between Goseiger and Gokaiger, especially how Luka and Moune were so alike. GoseiKnight had such a horribly small role in the movie though, that was kind of disappointing too.

And then we come to what a few people probably complained about, the huge fight against the other Sentai teams using very obvious old stock footage that really clashed with the current stuff. I'm willing to forgive it though, because it was obviously for budget reasons. Back when they were doing these shows, they weren't doing crossovers (JAKQ VS Goranger was the only one and there weren't plans to do any others) so they didn't keep the props from those shows. This means that most of the suits they use in Gokaiger are made from scratch, since they wouldn't have the originals. This also means they wouldn't have kept the old weapons that the team used. So, when you're looking to cut budget, you have to think, what's cheaper? They could build brand new versions of the finishing weapons that the old teams used...or they could just re-use the old footage of them using those weapons. And the latter is cheaper and helps save the budget. After they started making VS movies regularly, they obviously kept the suits and the props...that's why Go-Onger and Shinkenger and a couple of others were shown at the end using their finishing weapons. Those were readily available because they knew "Hey, we'll probably use these in future VS movies so we'll keep them from now on."

Besides it looks like quite a bit of the budget went to them making at least partial suits for the past mechas...that was pretty awesome too. That's also why many of the past villains they used are from very recent series, the suits for them were immediately available, instead of having to create new ones from scratch.

So overall a great movie and a show of them getting a bunch of ultimate powers at once with some great cameos. And Goren GokaiOh is awesome.

Rumors for the upcoming episodes also sound extremely awesome, if they are true.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:44 pm

what rumors would those be??

Respect your elders, boy. The Rocket Punch is the strongest attack known to mecha shows, and also the oldest and most famous. This means that Ultimate GokaiOh's finisher is THE BEST POSSIBLE FINISHER YOU CAN HAVE.

It still looks cooler when Mazinkaiser does it

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:03 pm

This is from Jefusion (I dunno if that's the proper way to say the site's name) and so everything should be taken with heavy HEAVY doses of salt as sometimes they are completely and totally wrong about the rumors they've heard. But this is what they say:

Battle Fever and Denjiman's powers are more than likely being saved for the Gavan movie, while Kakuranger's tribute ep will follow the ep with Marvelous' public execution. There's rumors that the Kakurangers are involved in his escape (episode 43-44).

Episode 45 is titled "Resurrection Balzion" (TBA). It involves Ackdos Gil creating a new Balzion and sending it to Earth to challenge KanzenGokaiOh. The Gokaiger require Bioman's Ultimate Power to fight the Anti-Bio Particles.

Gou Shirou, former RedOne, shows up to train the Gokaiger and give them the Bioman's power. BioHunter Silva will not appear, because his voice actor, Hayashi Kazuo, was unavailable. Instead, Action Commander AquaMesser will pilot Balzion.

Episode 46 is the would be Fiveman tribute episode, whether or not Basco has stolen this power is unknown. If Basco ends up as the final villain, the Emperor may not be around for too long.

According to rumors it seems there might be a JAKQ episode in there somewhere as well, apparently has Ackdos Gil reviving Atomic Witch, a former enemy of JAKQ. Bamba Soukichi, former Big One, appears on Sky Ace to help the Gokaiger.

Meanwhile, Luka looses her Ranger Key in the episode, making the rangers unable to use Big Bomber. The JAKQ Covack is ineffective. The episode will be a Luka focus.

UPDATE: Apparently, there will be a JAKQ GokaiOh and all ranger keys will return to their owners. Additional rumors states that there will be a Goranger tribute (Episode 48) wherein Akaranger, Tsuyoshi Kaijo, steps up to represent everyone else, right before they start a Second Legend War (49). Final episode comes after.

Furthermore, a 2ch post states that there's an episode that would see a team of Five Red, Vul-Panther, Change Griffin, Green Flash and Blue Mask returning to help get their powers back from Basco.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 am

no Zyuranger or Timeranger crossover rumors? thats dissapointing for me. But that stuff does sound pretty cool. Hard to believe we're getting pretty close to the end.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:14 pm

It was already pretty much completely confirmed that Timeranger would not be making any appearances because of the only actors that would really be able to make an appearance either not wanting to, or the studio not wanting them back. As for Zyuranger, eh, them's the breaks I guess, probably just couldn't get in touch with anyone to come back for their role. But they already got the Timeranger and Zyuranger powers anyway so it was really unlikely that they'd get a tribute episode. I know they have had tribute episodes for some teams they got the power for (Boukenger and Dairanger) but most of them they haven't and won't.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 am

megaranger!!!! Time for the last crossover I'll likely be really psyched for.

-lol. Of course Luka would be the one to think it!
-yay! Seems like we havn't treasure navigated in a while.
-Gai seriously needs to be tranquilized or something
-Kenta looks old!
-Those glasses are too big for Don;s face
-of course the hinted at couples (Don/Luka and Ahim/Joe) get split off together
-arg freakin monkey! And I was really liking all the school stuff. Almost dissapointing to have to move on to the battles
-Bombs planted in the school! I bet this plotline doesn't have a chance of getting adapted if they ever dub Gokaiger in power rangers. too controversial.
-lol, as good as this episode is, I can really see that the whole lesson of "school is great!" is something only a kid show would really promote ^^.
-lol all the bomb scenes. how did one end up in the guy;s boxed lunch!?
-hahaha, nice use of timeranger!
-YES Megaranger theme song! totally rockin!
-Battleizer!!! Wasn't that thing invented for the english version?
-descent mech fight.
-Kind of sucks that they didn;t get to actually use megaranger's ultimate power
-LOL, Kenta is trying to kidnap Gai
-Next episode preview. O_O_O_O *Brain explodes* Timeranger!!!!!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!! And it looks like they're going to be visiting some past team up event? And who'se the guy in white?

This episode was great, especially for a one episode only crossover. I loved all the school stuff, and how each of the pirates ended up encountering some situation that reflected their own personality. also how thos two students turned out to be members of that club, and how all the students helped out in finding the bombs. The megaranger battle with Bascoe and that *stupid* monkey (grrr ><) was great too. I love that team's look and powers. Also loved the little clever bits like them using the Timerangers' freeze gun to stop the bombs, or Gai using GoseiKnight's ability to defend Kenta. Little details like that can really add a lot, reminds me of the Gogofive episode where they used Magipink's transform power to fool Bascoe. And I can;t wait for next week's episode! Timeranger!!!!!!

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:-Battleizer!!! Wasn't that thing invented for the english version?

Megaranger's Battle Riser is where I'm assuming Saban got the name "Battleizer" from...but no, it was not invented by Saban (at least this one wasn't). In Megaranger the Battle Riser was the control device for the Delta Mega, and contained 3 other effects...the first was used in this episode, where it increases the power of punching attacks. The second allows it to fire a laser beam of sorts and can be used even when they're not transformed. The third increases the firepower of guns.
Timeranger!!!!!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!! And it looks like they're going to be visiting some past team up event? And who'se the guy in white?

Yeah I'm surprised that Timeranger IS going to get a tribute episode. You probably didn't watch it, but Gokaiger's first appearance was in Goseiger Vs Shinkenger. Apparently, the next episode is going to explain how and why they were there, since Goseiger Vs Shinkenger took place before the Legend War, and the Gokaiger couldn't possibly have had any of the Ranger Keys at that point even if they were fully a team.

Don's pointing at Goseiger and Shinkenger doing their team-up roll call, which means that they're showing us "their side" of Goseiger Vs Shinkenger. Also apparently they're going to be doing some other stuff too, as Metal Alice was in the preview and she was scrapped when the movie happened. I don't remember a white guy...unless you're referring to Metal Alice (the green haired chick who was working as a commander in Matrintis, the last villain faction in Goseiger) or Shitari (the short squid dude who was working as a commander in the Gedoushu, the villain faction in Shinkenger).

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:33 am

No I mean the guy in the white suit that shows up at the very beginning of the preview, the one who is offering them the chance to go back in time. I assume they're someone related to timeranger, but I didn't recognize them immediatly.

In the english version the 3rd function on that thing was what activated the battleizer armor (as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9l6b1_puo) And I'm not sure if they ever used the second function.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Rocketshipper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:14 am

time to finally sit down and watch the 199 heroes movie!

-wow, I am surprised at the lenght of this show. I think this is the longest Sentai movie I've seen. I was expecting it to only be like an hour.
-random comment, but I wonder if they managed to fix the limitations on Dekaswan. In the original show, she could only morph for a shorttime, and then it took her like three years to recharge!
-very appropriate that wolzardfire makes a comment about "protecting family" ^^
-wow, that guy has got to be the most soft-spoken red ranger ever
-that fight was...amazing!!!!! I think the Goseiger vs Gokaiger is the best fight scene in the entire season so far!
-what a coincidence that this new villain shows up to make a deal with the empire at just this moment.
-Umeko-chan! and Murphy!
-what the heck. isn;t that the office from the dream sequence episode of Abaranger?
-hey, who is the young teen who shows up when they;re showing all those different characters listening to the villain make his speech?
-yay, disguises!
-a bit annoyed that Don and Ahim's group didn;t get to fight as much as the other two
-also dissapointing how the bird finding Goseiknight's key didn;t really affect anything. The way they emphasized it made it seem like he was going to show up to rescue them from the dimensions they were trapped it.
-totally random unrelated question, but I'm curious; if the Goseiger team is themed after Angels and stuff...is there anything about God or a supreme divine power in their series? Or is it just generic "angels" removed from context? or some Eastern type notion of Angels?
-Seeing the Goseiger in their armor suits suddenly makes me wonder...do you think we'll see the Gokaiger getting some kind of powered up suit like previous teams. It would only be fair, but since we're so close to the end, it probably won;t be likely :(
-wowo, that fight was amazingly epic! A little hard to believe though. 11 rangers were really capable of defeating *every other ranger in the franchise*!? individual rangers were taking on entire teams and winning. I guess maybe you could say that, since they were just animated ranger keys, that they didn't possess the full power that they would have if controlled by a person. But still. And also, was that possible the Longest continuois fight scene in sentai history!? I can;t think of any fight in a previous series that lasted that long.
-wait a minute! if they already introduced a new bazooka type weapon in the movie, why did they need to introduce that galleon buster thing later? why not just use that super sentai bazooka in the main series. it would make sense for their big projectile weapon to be a conglomeration of the sentai powers.
-HAHAHAH it fires logos! that thing is waaaaaay cooler than the one they have in the TV episodes
-*rolls eyes* so toys are going to save the day, lol.
-hey, where are the timeranger's mechs? I don' tthink I saw them anywhere in that big crush :( I didn;t regognize Gingaman's either.
-silver cameo!!!

And its over. Wow, that was pretty epic. The storyline wasn't the most impressive ever, I must admit, and it was realy dissapointing how they didn't really do much with the cameos of the previous rangers. Why were Umeko and friends even in the movie!? I wish they'd had a bigger role. But at the same time; this had some of the most epic action scenes in sentai history, and definitly the best in Gokaiger so far. Goseiger vs Gokaiger at the start was spectacular, and the rest of the fights were great as well. I even like the mech battle, and didn;t really mind all those stock footage shots. This really felt like it should have been a grand finale to the series, instead of a movie in the middle. Now I'm starting to wonder how they're going to be able to top these battles for the season finale. The crossover elements with goseiger were also pretty cool, and nice to see the previous team get lots of screen time.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:No I mean the guy in the white suit that shows up at the very beginning of the preview, the one who is offering them the chance to go back in time. I assume they're someone related to timeranger, but I didn't recognize them immediatly.

Apparently it was Domon, who was Time Yellow. I didn't recognize him either.
In the english version the 3rd function on that thing was what activated the battleizer armor

Ah yeah, that was not in the Japanese version, like I said, 03 on the Japanese Battle Riser increased the firepower of guns, and was most often used for Drill Sniper Custom.
I am surprised at the lenght of this show. I think this is the longest Sentai movie I've seen. I was expecting it to only be like an hour.

Technically 199 Heroes is a Vs movie so it's the standard hour and a half that all Vs movies are, as opposed to the usual 25-30 minutes that Sentai movies are (the ghost ship movie will be that length).
who is the young teen who shows up when they]
I'm assuming you mean the boy, and not Go-On Yellow. He's Nozomu, and he's one of the main characters in Goseiger. He's a regular human boy the Goseigers befriended when they got stuck on Earth.
if the Goseiger team is themed after Angels and stuff...is there anything about God or a supreme divine power in their series?

The Goseigers serve under a being called "Master Head," who isn't really shown to be a godlike being as he's neither omnipotent or omniscient, and isn't eternal or immortal (he makes a mention that he wasn't alive during the time the "Big Bad" was trying to take over Gosei World).
do you think we'll see the Gokaiger getting some kind of powered up suit like previous teams

The second set of toys are already out now, so if there was a power up we'd already know it because there'd be a toy for it, so the answer is no.
why did they need to introduce that galleon buster thing later? why not just use that super sentai bazooka in the main series

Because toys.
where are the timeranger's mechs? I don' tthink I saw them anywhere in that big crush I didn;t regognize Gingaman's either.

It's entirely possible that Timeranger's wasn't there because of time shenanigans. However it's more likely that it's there, just not very noticeable (same with Gingaman).
Why were Umeko and friends even in the movie!?

To give hope to that one guy who had the Goranger toy, so that the deus ex machina could summon all the mecha at the end. Also so they could give Gokaiger a couple of ultimate powers (Dairanger and Denjiman mostly, since they already had Dekaranger).

Really it was just for some more cameos, same reason why Chiaki and Genta were there too despite them already having the Shinkenger power as well.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Yay, Domon was my favorite part of Timeranger!! (like, my only favorite part of that show ^^;; ) he;s awesome. Can't wait till the next episode!

I don't remember any of the previous VS. movies I've seen being this long.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:40 am

episode 40! Timeranger!

-how did Gai get from the pirate ship to his mech without morphing or anything?
-Domon!!!! yay! He was the only good part about that show! And lol, he claims to be their most powerful fighter
-"don;t interact with people from the past. it complicates things..." Nice callback
-so this makes me wonder. what year IS Gokaiger taking place in? If I recall, the first episode said that it was taking place like a year after the "legend War", but if they've gone back to October 2010 and the ranger keys havne;t been scattred yet, then when exactly did the Legend war happen? and even if it happened immediatly after these events, it would still mean that Gokaiger didn't start till like late 2011, which would make their current time sometime 2012.
-I assume this is reused footage from the movie?
-yay! King Ranger! And I like that insert song
-ugh. its the Timeranger OP theme. I hate that song. Gotta say though, love the transformatiopn sequence
-so this time they're letting Gai join in with Timefire? Why didn't they do that back with Dairanger and Ohranger? poor neglected Kiba and Kingrangers.
-Bullet time. Also ripping off the scene from the first morphed battle in Timeranger
-ARG! get rid of that stupid Galleon Buster!! I want more Timeranger battle footage. That was too short.
-is this monster lady with the green hair from a past sentai series?
-Time up! lol Descent mech fight this time.
-wait a minute! their showing up in the past to be involved in the shinkenger vs goseiger movie implies a stable time loop, but that temple was destroyed in their future originally, and then they went back and saved it...which implies they changed the past. So which is it, it can't be both ways!
-Moriyama Mirai? Is that anyone important? I was expecting it to be Domon. I just....wait a freakin second!!!!! his mom;s a reporter!!! That kid is...!! *brain explodes*
-sinister shot of a...jar? What? Is that going to be important later?
-next week, an Ahim episode, with info about her past! YAY!

This episode was pretty cool. I like the concept, and tieing it in to the previous crossover movie was neat. Also liked the surprise twist at the end revealing the kid's identity. My only real complaints are that there wasn't enough Timeranger battle footage (Gai as Timefire hardly did anything either) and that the whole thing with Gai talking to the kid felt kind of like filler. I know that in the end the kid turned out to be connected, but it was still a pretty huge coincidence that he of all people shows up, and the whole talk about "moving sucks because I lose all my friends" didn't really seem to have anything to do with anything.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:-I assume this is reused footage from the movie?

Yup, it is. That's all from Goseiger Vs Shinkenger, with a couple of exceptions. One is they cut out Don saying "Hey, we're not supposed to be here yet!" after they introduced themselves to Shitari. The second is that in the movie, Marvelous said "Remember, this is a movie, so let's make it extra flashy!" They changed that line to the "Now that we've come all the way back to this time..." one.
-is this monster lady with the green hair from a past sentai series?

She's Metal Alice, servant of the head of Matrintis, the third villain faction in Goseiger. That's...odd that she's there. I haven't seen Gosei Vs Shinkenger in a while but I assumed it took place after the series was over. Apparently, based on this episode (and the KT-Zan0 name) the movie happens shortly after Matrintis appears. It still fits I guess (because Brajira is dead at that point, and Gosei Vs Shinkenger's plot was that he'd been resurrected as a Gedoshuu) but still...weird. You'd think they would have mentioned that form of him in one of the later episodes of Goseiger when they're talking about Brajira.
their showing up in the past to be involved in the shinkenger vs goseiger movie implies a stable time loop, but that temple was destroyed in their future originally, and then they went back and saved it...which implies they changed the past. So which is it, it can't be both ways!

The theme of Timeranger was always that the past can be changed, they were just forbidden to do so because doing so might alter events in history such that the future they came from didn't exist. But, another major theme was that while large scale events were not to be changed, not everything is recorded in the history books, and so people can forge their own destinies. So it is pretty much both ways.
-sinister shot of a...jar? What? Is that going to be important later?

And now, we come to one of the moments where a complaint that people have been asking since the 199 Heroes movie (from way back near the beginning of summer) have been asking. "Where's Ninjaman? He wasn't in the Legend War and there's no Ranger Key for him!" There was a pamphlet that was released in Japan about the 199 Heroes movie and some extra information, such as the fact that there had been a huge mecha battle when the Zangyack invaded, with most of the Sentai robots being completely destroyed (you see Gosei Great completely trashed at the beginning of 199 Heroes).

For a long while it was assumed that extra heroes like Gunmazin (you may remember him as the tiki dude named Auric the Conquerer in Power Rangers Zeo) who didn't have a Ranger Key were killed in the Legend War, and since Ninjaman could turn giant, a rumor started that Ninjaman had likewise been killed in the mecha battle.

HOWEVER, this appears to not be the case now! Remember how Domon said that the Gokaiger would get a new Ultimate Power by protecting the temple? That jar is Ninjaman's jar, that he was sealed in. Apparently, he was either trapped in the jar or asleep, and indeed was killed by Matrintis when they destroyed the temple. However, by protecting the temple, the jar is back and Ninjaman is alive. Domon was trying to help them get the Kakuranger power, but they didn't go back in the temple.

Which means Ninjaman is gonna show up soon in all his glory! And may or may not turn into another Ranger Key.
the whole talk about "moving sucks because I lose all my friends" didn't really seem to have anything to do with anything.

It's the "moral lesson" of the episode for kids.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:57 am

episode 41 time!

-Ahim's got a nice swing. But why do Gai and Joe feel the need to make a quick exit too?
-this is getting interesting. I wonder if Damaras and science officer lady might change sides after this treatment.
-welp, there goes Tokyo. empire isn't holding back this time. But I bet it will be right back to normal by next week ^^.
-wow this guy is cheap.
-that scene was ssoooooooo cute! Ahim is the best! The flashback was really cool too (looks like it was the same place where Marvelous last saw Akared.)
-that was the weirdest attack ever. and they totally wrecked that building
-that was really cool, interspercing the flashbacks during the fight. and I guess this means Ahim has the power of HEART!!!!
-hahaha, love all the team up attacks. Especialy when she and Joe teamed up, since those two are kind of hinted at being a couple, and they changed into Dekamaster and Dekaswan, who were a couple back in Dekaranger. Yay shipping!
-finally, a new charge on the Galleon Buster!
-Next episode: Don finally gets character development! YAAAAY! Looks like it will be interesting, although with both Damaras and Bascoe, it looks like the episode could be a bit "crowded". Can we just kill Bascoe off yet?

That was an excellent episode. Super special awesome character develepment for Ahim all the way. Love everything about her! Also nice to see a new enemy coming in, something I would have expected a bit sooner than this to be honest. and the fight scenes were great, and it seemed like production values were a bit higher in this episode, looked like there were a lot more effects than usual, and hardly any stock footage except during the usual mech combining and attacks. The only downside was another lackluster mech battle, the rest was awesome! One of my favorite episodes of the series.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:20 pm

All the double attacks with Ahim were awesome.

Also, we're finally gonna get backstory for Don in the next episode! And probably Damaras will die. The question is whether Basco or the Emperor will be Final Boss.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:18 am

Please let it be the emperor! Bascoe needs to go away!

time for episode 42!

-that was a cool opening. and...why is there just a random ladder sitting in that plaza?
-lol, is it just me, or do there seem to be an odd number of ranger attacks that involve throwing a ball around?? Magiranger did it too.
-arg, stupid ghaleon buster and its re-used stock footage!
-that red...thing that works for the emperor kind of sounds like Gai-sensei, from Naruto.
-hahah, they still don;t care about poor Don. Even Gai is considered more of a threat
-Lost his memory!? WHAT!???
-What? Damaras and Bascoe know eachother? Are they maybe...father and son?
-So, Bascoe let the rangers go that one time because of...something? Interesting...
-ok, I'm making a guess that Don is lying about having amnesia. that reaction to Gai's question is just too suspicious. I really hope he is lying about it...because Amnesia is cheap!
-those flashbacks were great! Totally hilarious. "Sort your trash properly!"
-O_O. Did he just VAPORIZE the other rangers!? O_O. How are they going to write themselves out of this one?
-what a crazy ending!
-next episode preview looks awesome! and isn;t that quit a meaningful look Marvelous seems to be giving Bascoe at one point. Hmmmm.

Wow. *pickes up the shattered pieces of his brain*. That was pretty crazy and awesome. I was a bit worried at first, when they introduced the whole amnesia thing; almost mad actually. The idea that Don had amnesia and didn't even remember his past was just so absurd and cheap that I couldn't believe it. But then the rest of the episode assuaged my fears, it definitly seems that Don is just lying about not remembering his past for some reason, and we got some great flashback character scenes for him. The battles were fun, and we didn't have to get saddled with a mediocre giant robot fight this time. But craziest I think are the intrigue and implications brought about by Damaras and Bascoe's team up in this episode. Are they related? Did Damaras send Bascoe to Earth to oppose the rangers behind the empire's back? Why did Bascoe spare the rangers that one time? How they heck are they going to explain the other 4 rangers escaping that attack? I now have a theory. I think Bascoe may have secretly been in league with Marvelous all this time. Thats why he spared them that one time, and thats why Marvelous seems to have such a huge reaction to Bascoe attacking the other rangers, because it looked to Marvelous like Bascoe was actually serious about the attack, and not just putting it on for show. Bascoe being in league with Marvelous (or at the least having some plan of his own) is also one of the only plausible explanations I can think of for how the other 4 rangers could survive that attack; Bascoe probably teleported them away from harm somehow, only making it *look* like he killed them.

Definitly can;t wait to see next week's episode!

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:Did he just VAPORIZE the other rangers!? O_O. How are they going to write themselves out of this one?

Possibly in a similar way to when the Gokai Galleon was blown up by the one monster except it was just a Furaimaru trick.

Ninjaman could easily have saved them without being seen! He has to come in sooner or later!
I think Bascoe may have secretly been in league with Marvelous all this time.

That wouldn't make sense, I can't see Marvelous joining forces with the person who betrayed them and tried to kill them. Now if Basco was secretly in league with AkaRed and was only making it look like he was trying to stop the Gokaiger, that might make more sense...but I really doubt that that's the case.

The most likely explanation to me is that Basco wants to strip them of their powers, and if he kills them he can't do that.

As far as Don goes, I think there's three likely scenarios:

1. Everything is taken at face value. Don really is a legendary warrior, he really does have amnesia, and next episode is him remembering his past and becoming a man.

This is the least likely scenario I think.

2. Don is lying about everything. He was hailed as a legendary warrior, but he was only pretending. The dragon was either killed by someone else or died some other way and he merely took credit. He was ashamed and lied about the amnesia and is pretending to be goofy and useless so no one would suspect him. And then he lied about the food so he could get a free meal. The next episode will be about him coming to terms with this and becoming a real hero.

This is the most likely scenario in my mind. It makes Don's line in the preview, "I'm just a liar" make more sense.

3. Don was an actor in a movie/TV show/stage production, and was never really an actual hero. It's all just hype. He may or may not be lying about the amnesia (but probably is).

This is the second most likely scenario in my mind.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm

yeah, on tvtropes there are a lot of theories that maybe Bascoe is secretly on some mission from Akared, that even Marvelous doesn't know about, and that even his "betrayel" in the past was just part of the plan. I think that would be pretty cool.

Supposedly Ninjaman won't be showing up till episode 45.

Whatever is revealed about Don, I really hope it doesn't end up being scenario 1, because I think that would be really cheap and a show of bad writing. Especially since we're just now learning about the supposed Amnesia. If they were really going to go with that plot-line, they should have introduced the idea a long time ago. I think its also possible that maybe he really *is* a legendary hero, and did all those things the magazine said about him, but something happened to make him completely lose confidence in himself, and now he hides his former accomplishments because he doesn;t think he;s worthy of them anymore, or something like that.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Episode 43! Lets finish up this Don two-parter

-so the legendary hero thing was fake afterall. But then...if that mark on his arm was drawn on there...why was it still there afterall this time!! if he could just wipe it away like that, then shouldn't it have disappeared long ago. Doesn;t this guy ever shower!? and its even weirder to think that he'd just keep drawing it on there, when no one else even knows its there except him.
-if this gets dubbed to english, I doubt they'll have a scene like this with the red ranger on a cross. to controversial.
-he got two more powers! Are theyre any left now, besides Kakuranger?
-that was epic! "I'm the legendary hero, Don Dogoier!" and he's kicking butt even un-morphed!
-haha, Bascoe saw the bird rescuing Marvelous and did...nothing! suspicious!
-hahah, "What's next?' "dunno!".
-others are back. Now give us a darn explanation that makes sense!
-HAAAAA! I freakin knew it! Bascoe did save them! or...maybe the monkey is working alone? thats a possibility too. But seems less likely.
-nope. It was Bascoe. *stab* heck yeah. what a twist!
-So I guess that means there is only one power left?
-Team of all Green Rangers! But seriously...why isn't one of them Dragonranger!? I guess they chose the Shurrikenger instead for Gai, but I think Dragon would have been cooler. Of course thats probably my MMPR nostalgia talking mostly.
-so did getting stabbed not do anything to this guy? He's still as strong as ever!
-arg, freakin galleon buster, go away! and really, why wasn;t it a green charge this time!?
-oh, never mind, there it goes.
-epic mecha finishing move combo!
-ending theme has movie scenes again. grrr. Action looks pretty good. and why is that bouncy red spiky ball back? And Bascoe is in the movie!
-next week, a christmas episode. I have mixed feelings about that. I'm sure it will probably be totally secular and mention nothing about what christmas really is, like almost everyother christmas episode in a japanese show. Judging from the all yellow team, I guess this will be a Luka episode. And I wonder if it will tie in with episode 45, since we see them using the Kakuranger power!

Another good episode. Whiel I didn;t really like it as much as the last one, it was still very entertaining, and gave Don some great character moments, with him rescueing Marvelous and getting to act all cool. And the reveal with Bascoe was nice too. My only complaint is that we didn;t get to hear much about the whole "legendary hero" thing, other than "it was a prank". I want more details. And also, the Mecha battle kind of sucked again, but what else is new ^^.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Rocketshipper wrote:he got two more powers! Are theyre any left now, besides Kakuranger?

The only powers that are unclaimed at the moment are Battle Fever J, Kakuranger, and Denjiman. Since Battle Fever J and Denjiman will be in the Space Sheriff Gavan crossover, that means Kakuranger is officially the only one we have left to see claimed in the series, and next episode appears to set up for that given that they're using Kakuranger in the fighting (so it might be another two-parter).

For the record, the powers Basco has now are Sun Vulcan, Fiveman, Changeman, Maskman, and Flashman.

And it seems my theory was correct, Basco doesn't want to kill them yet because he needs them, probably to claim the last few powers. Then when they're all collected he'll go after them seriously. It's just a "Your death would hinder my plans so I need to save you, but I'll kill you when you've outlived your usefulenss" type deal.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:02 am

episode 44! No episode next week apparently :(

-lol, the bird has a reward on him now! and Don's went up!
-the santa on the street is very suspicious. is he a monster in disguise?
-highly amusing that they have these characters who are obviously too old for it believing in Santa just because its a show aimed at children.
-where the heck did Gai get those socks? O_O
-today;s monster appears to be flamboyantly gay. Pretty cool design though.
-Once again, they *conveniently* have Gai out of the way so they can become a 5 ranger team. lol. Reminds me of how MMPR would always have excuses for why Tommy couldn't be called in to fight, since there wasn;t always stock footage of the Dragonranger to use for him.
-so...are the two monsters from today lovers? o...k...
-nice plan...and then it fails...
-wow, the other girl used the yelow power. pretty cool.
-Gokai Christmas!
- its really starting to bother me that that monster only has one fin thing on its back. it looks so unbalanced.
-nice silent night instrumental.
-O_O_O_O. that was a guy from Battle Fever!? that was...random!
-and they got the power!
-next episode...Ninjaman! Yay! Looks like they have to impress him somehow to get his power.

I'd say that that was just an ok episode overall. For most of the time it was pretty fillery and didn't even really have mch to do with it being christmas at all. The action scenes this time I think were also a bit sub-par, except for the all Yellow team and Battle Fever scenes. I liked Luka's stratigy for getting the wand, and it was cool to see some newbie person use the ranger power on the fly. The crossover bit at the very end felt like it was just thrown in to make the episode significant. Why couldn't mr. Santa crossover have had a bigger part in the episode? And there was no connection between the Kakuranger power being used and next episode :(

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Yep, stealth Battle Fever tribute episode apparently. Guess Denjiman is the only one they're going to be claiming in the Metal Heroes movie.

Also looks like Ninjaman is going to be a total jerk to the Gokaiger, that'll be pretty hilarious. But yeah no episode this week, gotta wait until next week for those shenanigans. Apparently from what I've heard it also will be a two-parter, and then we'll enter the final arc (since the new series always begins in February). This means we have about four or five episodes left.

Nate

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Episode 45! Finally!

-So I guess the Gavin movie must take place in-between 44 and 45?
-Has there ever been an explanation as to WHY this little robot bird can somehow make predictions about where the ultimate powers are?
-Honestly...I think Ninjaman's voice is a little weird. Not at all like I pictured it might be. I think I like Ninjor's voice a lot better, from MMPR season 3
-hahah, I like Gai's reaction to Ninjaman's story. He's such a little kid ^^
-Wait a minute...why do they assume that Ninjaman would have been the ONLY way to get the Kakuranger power? Are the original rangers dead or something?
-Doesn;t he hear them talking right behind him?
-lol, how does Ninjaman eat?
-lol, any normal person would recognize that this is total sucking up.
-ya know, I bet this will turn out to be all uneccisary. It doesn;t seem like Ninjaman would have even cared about getting asked for the power.
-and the food is all destroyed.
-so I guess this is partly a recap episode. I guess that explains why Over Time hated it.
-Lol, so somehow the pirates are actually showing Ninjaman all these scenes.
-Sentai teams in backwards order. But why start at Magiranger? They left the most rescent teams off the role call!
-poor Zyuranger didn't get a cool move like the others at all :(
-so I see that that Gekiranger attack they got isn;t even counted in the mecah power-lineup.
-great, so for all we know this could mean he won;t hand over the power till the last possible second or something.
-hahaha, the White Kakuranger at the last second! And I love the theme song instrumental.
-Hey, hey! Its...Yatsudewani!!! What's he doing there! Now I really want to see that movie!. O_O! ALL PINK TEAM!!! *mind is blown*
-And next week...Oh good looks like they probably will get the Kakuranger power next week. And it seems maybe some of the rangers got a spell or something cast on them thats making them evil?
-The Go-buster costumes look pretty cool. commercial says it takes place in 2012. ok, the timeline is now officially screwed up! Unless Go-buster is somehow happening at the same time as Gokaiger.

Well, you know that episode wasn't really that bad, for a recap. It had some funny lines and scenes, and I thought it was nice to see some past action sequences again. It certainly wasn't the worst recap I've seen.

One small note; are we ever going to get an "evil clone rangers" episode? Seems like almsot EVERY series has at least one. But I guess they might count all those episodes where they fought the Bascoe controlled extra rangers as that.

AAML forever!

"Like the moon over

Rocketshipper

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Yeah it was a clip show, but most Sentai have at least one "clip show" episode.

One guy on /m/ said he didn't like Ninjaman's Japanese voice, it didn't sound enough like Dudley Do-right.

As for the preview stuff, I was wondering if they were ever going to have a male character transform into a pink hero, and well...looks like we get that in the Gavan movie. Argh, why does it have to be so long for stuff to come out on DVD in Japan?

Interesting is that in the preview, Ninjaman is fighting alongside Gokai-oh, but he's not in his Samuraiman form. I guess the Zangyack just don't know how to make him angry.

Nate

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews