April showers bring [Spring 2011] anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

April showers bring [Spring 2011] anime

Postby blkmage » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Let us warm ourselves from underneath this layer of permafrost by looking ahead to anime from warmer times that are surely coming.

Much like the threads before it, this is a thread I created for the discussion of new anime that will be airing on TV in Japan in the Spring 2011 season. Anime typically gets released and runs for a number of seasons. The year is divided up into four seasons: January to March is winter, April to June is spring, July to September is summer, and October to December is fall. Each season is approximately 13 weeks.

Here, we can talk about what shows look interesting, what we plan to watch, and generally get giddy and excited for things that we've been anticipating for a while. There's a handy chart of all the shows that are coming up, with a short blurb about the premise of the show and what studio will be handling it. As we get closer to the season, more information shows up, like the first airing date.

Since it's a spring season, there's a looooot more stuff to have a go at. Personal picks for sure watching this season? Moshidora, Nichijou, TWGOK, AnoHana, DenpaOnna, C, A Channel, Hanasaku Iroha, Steins;Gate, Maria Holic Alive, and Dog Days. That's already a lot, and the will give a shot tier consists of TIGER&BUNNY, Ao no Exorcist, Deadman Wonderland, Hidan no Aria, and Dodoron Enma-kun.

And as a testament to just how much stuff there is, I hit the 10k character limit with this post, so the show listing will have to go into the next post. Oh well.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:55 pm

[SIZE="4"]Danball Senki[/SIZE]
Some game TV anime thing.

[SIZE="4"]Moshidora[/SIZE]
Studio: Production I.G.
Director: Hamana Takayuki (Library Wars, Prince of Tennis, Beast Player Erin)
Cast: Hanazawa Kana, Kakihara Tetsuya, Hikasa Youko

Based on a bestselling novel about a girl who's the manager of her school's baseball team. She accidentally buys and reads Drucker's Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices and applies the principles in the book to the management of the team. Yes, this is a real novel and I did not make that up.

[SIZE="4"]Kaiji 2[/SIZE]
Studio: MADHOUSE
Director: ???
Cast: ???

The second season of the zawa zawa gambling anime with noses.

[SIZE="4"]Nichijou[/SIZE]
Studio: Kyoto Animation
Director: Ishihara Tatsuya (Air, Clannad, Kanon)
Cast: Honda Mariko

Another year, another four-panel comic adaptation from KyoAni. This one has the promise of having some weird surreal stuff in it. Just like with K-ON!, it looks like the cast is going to be a bunch of relative unknowns.

[SIZE="4"]Toriko[/SIZE]
Studio: Toei Animation
Cast: Park Romi, Okiayu Ryotaro

Based on a Shounen Jump manga about killing things and eating them.

[SIZE="4"]TIGER&BUNNY[/SIZE]
Studio: Sunrise
Director: Satou Keiichi (KARAS)

An original series by Sunrise, apparently, sponsors of the show get their logos on the characters.

[SIZE="4"]Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai[/SIZE]
Studio: Nomad
Director: Ushiro Shinji (Omamori Himari, Shukufuku no Campanella)
Cast: Shimono Hiro, Goto Yuko

An adaptation of a visual novel by Navel (Shuffle!, Soul Link). So look for more in the same vein, I guess.

[SIZE="4"]Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi[/SIZE]
Studio: Studio DEEN
Director: Kon Chiaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Junjou Romantica, Nodame Cantabile: Paris)
Cast: Konishi Katsuyuki, Tachibana Shinnosuke, Kondo Takashi, Nakamura Yuuichi

Based on some BL manga. Don't worry about it actually being any good, because not only is it being produced by DEEN, but it also has destroyer of series, Kon Chiaki, directing it.

[SIZE="4"]Gintama[/SIZE]
Oh, I guess it wasn't done.

[SIZE="4"]Showa Monogatari[/SIZE]
Studio: ???
Director: Kugimiya Hiroshi (debut)
Cast: Kyouda Hisako, Aoki Makoto, Fukuen Misato, Tamagawa Sakiko, Chiba Shouya, Matsumoto Yasunori

Set in Tokyo, 1964, this series is apparently being aimed at seniors and families in general.

[SIZE="4"]The World God Only Knows (S2)[/SIZE]
Second season of the anime about a guy who's really good at dating sims being forced to woo girls in real life.

[SIZE="4"]30-sai no Hoken Taiiku[/SIZE]
Studio: Gathering
Director: Mankyuu (Tono to Issho)
Cast: Shimono Hiro, Nazuka Kaori

Another one for the 'this is a real thing' department, here we have an adaptation of a "guidebook for 30-year-old (or older) male virgins on romance and sex".

[SIZE="4"]Tono to Issho S2[/SIZE]
If you like Tono to Issho, here's some more.

[SIZE="4"]Ring ni Kakero 1: Sekai Taikai-hen[/SIZE]
If you like Ring ni Kakero, here's some more.

[SIZE="4"]Ao no Exorcist[/SIZE]
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Director: Okamura Tensai (Darker than BLACK, Wolf's Rain, Medabots)
Cast: Fukuyama Jun, Hanazawa Kana, Nakai Kazuya, Okamoto Nobuhiko, Satou Rina

Based on a shounen manga running in Jump Square. A kid is raised by a famous exorcist, but it turns out he's actually the son of Satan. What a twist! So he decides to fight fate and become an exorcist by going to exorcist school. It also turns out he has a dark power inside of him.

[SIZE="4"]Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai[/SIZE]
Director: Nagai Tatsuyuki (Honey and Clover II, Toradora!, A Certain Scientific Railgun)

An original animation project from A-1 Pictures for noitaminA by the team behind Toradora. Six childhood friends grew apart in high school and the story is about finding and reuniting them.

[SIZE="4"]Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko[/SIZE]
Studio: SHAFT
Director: Shinbo Akiyuki (Bakemonogatari, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hidamari Sketch)
Cast: Oogame Asuka, Irino Miyu

Based on a light novel about a guy and his cousin who shows up again after mysteriously disappearing for a while. Also, the cousin thinks she's an alien.

[SIZE="4"]Deadman Wonderland[/SIZE]
Studio: Manglobe
Director: Hatsumi Koichi (debut)
Cast: Romi Park

A kid is convicted of committing a crime he didn't commit and is sent to a new private prison where the inmates are forced to take part in brutal gladiatorial events.

[SIZE="4"]「C」[/SIZE]
Studio: Tatsunoko
Director: Nakamura Kenji (Mononoke, Ayakashi, Trapeze)

A noitaminA show, this will be the latest of Nakamura Kenji's original projects.

[SIZE="4"]Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi[/SIZE]
Studio: Dogakobo
Director: Mihara Takenori (debut)

Another visual novel adaptation about a guy who moves to a new town for whatever reason and all the girls love him.

[SIZE="4"]A Channel[/SIZE]
Studio: Studio Gokumi
Director: Ono Manabu (Dragonaut, Saki)
Cast: Yuuki Aoi, Fukuhara Kaori, Kotobuki Minako, Uchiyama Yumi

Another four-panel comic adaptation about four high school girls.

[SIZE="4"]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL[/SIZE]
If you were interested.

[SIZE="4"]Hyouge Mono[/SIZE]
Studio: Bee Train
Director: Mashimo Koichi (.hack//SIGN, Noir, Irresponsible Captain Tylor)

Wow, a Bee Train anime that doesn't look like it'll be about assassins. Instead, it looks like it'll be set in the Sengoku period and be about a guy obsessed with tea ceremonies.

[SIZE="4"]SKET DANCE[/SIZE]
Director: Kawaguchi Keiichiro (Hayate the Combat Butler, Zettai Karen Children, Nyan Koi!)
Cast: Yoshino Hiroyuki, Shiraishi Ryoko, Sugita Tomokazu

Based on a Shounen Jump manga about a high school group that's all about solving peoples' problems.

[SIZE="4"]APPLESEED XIII[/SIZE]
Director: Hamana Takayuki (Prince of Tennis, Beast Player Erin, Library Wars)

Apparently a retelling.

[SIZE="4"]Shiawase Haitatsu Taneko[/SIZE]
Kid's anime about a weird looking cat.

[SIZE="4"]Sock Monkey wa Kimi ga Suki[/SIZE]
HOWTO: make stuffed monkeys out of socks.

[SIZE="4"]Chichi no Hi Ouen Anime[/SIZE]
NO INFORMATION

[SIZE="4"]Happy Kappy[/SIZE]
Kid's anime about a kappa.

[SIZE="4"]Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream[/SIZE]
Based on some rhythm game, I think.

[SIZE="4"]X-MEN[/SIZE]
The Marvel anime by Madhouse of the season.

[SIZE="4"]Hidan no Aria[/SIZE]
Studio: J.C. Staff
Director: Watanabe Takashi (Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, Ikkitousen)
Cast: Kugimiya Rie, Majima Junji

Based on a light novel, in which the characters go to armed detective high school where they learn to use weapons. Titular character is the most powerful one. Also, Kugimiya Rie as another small tsundere in a J.C. Staff production, who would've guessed?

[SIZE="4"]Hanasaku Iroha[/SIZE]
Studio: P.A. Works
Director: Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger, CANAAN)
Cast: Itou Kanae, Toyosaki Aki, Omigawa Chiaki, Tomatsu Haruka, Noto Mamiko

It's P.A. Works' tenth anniversary project with character designs by Kishida Mel. It looks to be about a bunch of high school girls.

[SIZE="4"]Steins;Gate[/SIZE]
Studio: White Fox
Director: Hamasaki Hiroshi (Texhnolyze, Shigurui), Sato Takuya (Ichigo Mashimaro, Seitokai no Ichizon)
Cast: Imai Asami, Miyano Mamoru

Based on a Nitroplus/5pb visual novel, it's set in the same universe as Chaos;Head. A group of friends have modded their microwave to send text messages to the past. A shady organization that's researching time travel chases them down.

[SIZE="4"]Lotte no Omocha![/SIZE]
Studio: Diomedea
Director: Oizaki Fumitoshi (Romeo x Juliet)
Cast: Kugimiya Rie, Tamura Yukari

A ten year old succubus princess is required to form a harem but hates men. This show is probably terrible.

[SIZE="4"]Maria+Holic: Alive[/SIZE]
Studio: SHAFT
Director: Shinbo Akiyuki (Bakemonogatari, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Hidamari Sketch)
Cast: Sanada Asami, Kobayashi Yuu

The second season of crazy trap comedy Maria+Holic.

[SIZE="4"]Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera[/SIZE]
Studio: Brains Base
Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (GaoGaiGar, Betterman, Brigadoon)
Cast: Yamaguchi Kappei, Noto Mamiko, Koyasu Takehito

A remake based on a manga by Go Nagai. It's about a demon patrol who are sent to the human world to arrest demons.

[SIZE="4"]DOG DAYS[/SIZE]
Studio: Seven Arcs
Director: Kusakawa Keizou (Nanoha A's, Inukami!, Seikirei)
Cast: Koshimizu Ami, Taketatsu Ayana, Asumi Kana, Miyano Mamoru, Mizuki Nana, Hikasa Youko, Horie Yui

A new original project from the Nanoha team with a fairly stacked cast. It looks to be a fantasy anime with the protagonist being a hapless young lad from our world who gets sucked into fantasy land.

[SIZE="4"]Hen Zemi[/SIZE]
Studio: XEBEC

Innocent university student participates in sexual perversion seminar. That is all.
blkmage

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:01 pm

blkmage wrote:[SIZE="4"]30-sai no Hoken Taiiku[/SIZE]
Studio: Gathering
Director: Mankyuu (Tono to Issho)
Cast: Shimono Hiro, Nazuka Kaori

Another one for the 'this is a real thing' department, here we have an adaptation of a "guidebook for 30-year-old (or older) male virgins on romance and sex".

Well...guess I'm pretty much required to watch this then, huh?

Lotte no Omocha looks like one of the worst series ever made. I will probably watch it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby MightiMidget » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Fortunately, not very many things look interesting. But I'll probably check out:

Steins;Gate
TWGOK 2
Hidan no Aria
Nichijou
Deadman Wonderland
+ [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control (missed that. I saw some stuff for it around earlier, and was intrigued.)

(which is still less than I plan on. :) )
MightiMidget

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Well.

Looks like Spring 2011 is not the season for me.

'Cept maybe Showa Monogatari, might check that one out sometime.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Midori » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Wow, that's a lot of anime. Well here's the unsophisticated opinions of internet denizen #577198244:

Danball whatever: This is based on a game. Therefore it will suck.

Moshidora: Another baseball anime only with girls this time. Not interested.

Kämpfer something or other: Bleh

Kaiji: Haven't seen the prior bits.

Hyouge Mono: If the entire anime were in the style of that picture, I'd watch it.

Ao No Exorcist: Doesn't stand out to me, but could be good. The 'son of Satan' thing is a bit pshaw though.

Toriko: Woh. Looks like another crazy thing I'll never watch.

TIGER&BUNNY: Logo placement? What?

Ano Hi Mita blah blah blah: Insufficient information to make a judgement, but--wait, the team behind Toradora? I am definitely checking this out!

[C] THE MONEY OF SOUL AND POSSIBILITY CONTROL: I dunno, but that's an impressive title. It deserves to be in all caps. Also, the concept might be worth something.

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai: Based on adult game? 10:1 no go.

Hoshizora something: Looks pretty uninspired as harem shows go.

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi: Um...not interested...

Gintama: More of something I haven't seen.

Sket Dance: Might be an interesting SoL if nothing else is more better.

Showa Monogatari: Well, an anime that isn't aimed at sex-starved young males? Who knew! I'll bite.

Nichijou: I'll probably watch this and pretend it's Yotsuba&! or something.

Deadman Wonderland: This one's pretty out there. I'll at least check it out.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko: The text blurb is interesting but the picture has an uncomfortable magnetic attraction on my eyes. Also, this is what Denpa Onna means to me.

30-Sai no...wait never mind.

Ring ni Kakero: Another sports anime. These rarely catch my interest.

Tono to Issho: Huh, weird.

Dog Days: This shows quality will probably be inversely proportional to its fan-service.

Dororon Enma-Kun: This has potential for greatness and also extreme suckiness. I'd have to watch it to be sure.

TWGOK 2: Never finished 1.

A Channel: What this lacks in originality it'll probably make up for in cuteness.

Pretty whatever: I don't do pretty (usually).

Happy Kappy: Now I'm not generally repulsed by childrens' shows, but this might be a little too far.

Shiawase Taitetsu Taneko: Weeeird.

Sock Monkey: JAPAAAN!

Chichi no Hi Ouen: How I am intrigued by formless voids of noninformation!

Yu Gi Oh something: No.

Hidan no Aria: That girl has a gun; this can't be that bad.

X-Men: Maybe once I watch all the other anime adaptations of Marvel comics.

Maria Holic: bleh

Lotte no Omocha: Buhe--!

Steins;Gate: Sequel.

Appleseed XIII: This isn't actually the 13th Appleseed, is it?

Hana-Saku Iroha: Looks average.

Hen Zemi: 'Abnormal Physiology'? If it actually meant that, then maybe, but I suspect it's more...untoward.

Well it looks like quantity has happened this time rather than quality. At least that gives me the leisure to take my pick.
Midori

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:07 am

Glad Tono no Issho is coming back, that one was rather funny. I am looking forward to GinTama and the World God Only Knows too. Hana-Saku Iroha sounds interesting, but I get the yuri vibes for some reason. Ana Hi Mita and Hen Zemi look promising. 2011 Spring Season looks good so far.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Agloval » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 am

Kaiji 2 is a fairly big deal for me, so I'll watch that if it comes out.

As for the rest I will dabble with anything involving robots or powersuits and note down other titles for later revisiting. I think.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:16 am

Madhouse finally delivered. We now have Kaiji season two.

Nothing else matters.[spoiler]Actually, there's a couple pretty promising looking shows this season, but I didn't wait for them for three years so they get second billing.[/spoiler]
Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 am

Midori (post: 1455346) wrote:words

Steins;Gate is actually not a sequel, it's only set in the same world/universe, mostly because it's another Nitro+/5pb collaboration. Also features character designs by huke.

Also, based on what I've read about Moshidora, it's not actually about sports, but about management, hence the specificity of the main character reading Drucker.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 am

I'm worried about Steins;Gate because it's made by the people who made Chaos;Head.

But my picks are for sure

Showa Monogatari- Hey, why not? It's about time we had an anime that looks relatable for the older crowd. Even though I'm not one of them, I'm checking it out.
Moshidora- Looks good, and I've head excelent things about what it's being based off of.
Hyouge Mono- just because. I have to because it looks rather out-there.
Ao No Excorcist- I've had the manga recommended to me several times.
C- Again, why not? It looks interesting. Most interesting than the harems on here, at least.
The World God Only Knows (S2)- I liked Season 1
Ano hi Mita- It looks cute and is Noitamin A. I MUST WATCH
Sket Dance- again, a manga that's been recommended many times.
A Channel- As cliched as it looks, I'll give it a chance
Hidan no Aria- We need at least one 'girls with powers' show every season. Might as well.
Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera- It's a manga by Go Nagai. That alone makes my 'avoid' button go berserk. But if it's a remake..... maaaaaaaybe.
Hen Zemi- college students? Will watch! And I love psych stuff.
Hana Saka Iroha- I've been waiting for two seasons. SO EXCITED!!!!

As for movies/ova's that are coming out:
Norageki- "The story takes place in a isolated prison. A pleasant young man, a sexy woman, an ex-soldier middle aged man, an otaku girl, a mysterious old man and a cat are confined there. One day, they get freed after a blackout. Strangely, all the prison guards have disappeared and they cannot find the exit. Suddenly an extraordinary event occurs in response to the old man's weird behavior." One I've been looking forwards to for a while.
Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo- from MAL: "Asuna lost her father and lives a lonely life listening to mysterious music coming from her father's crystal radio. One day she sets out for a journey to see a boy again. Through the adventure, she experiences a parting and finds the cruelty and the beauty of the world." Watching.
Tezuka Osamu no Buddha- I can NOT believe that they're actually animating this. WATCHING!
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 am

Atria35 (post: 1455377) wrote:I'm worried about Steins] because it's made by the people who made [B]Chaos;Head.

Are you talking about the anime or the visual novel? The anime is by a totally different staff from Chaos;Head. If you're basing your judgement on the anime version of Chaos;Head, you should know that it's generally considered to be an awful adaptation of the visual novel. I can't confirm for sure, but I've played maybe an hour so far of Chaos;Head and it was already more interesting (and better produced) than the anime.

Also, I've heard pretty good things about Steins;Gate, a lot more than for Chaos;Head. On the other hand, anime adaptations of Nitro+ visual novels don't have the greatest reputation right now, kind of like adaptations of TYPE-MOON games until Kara no Kyoukai blew everyone away.

ALSO HOSHI WO OU KODOMO DIRECTED BY MAKOTO SHINKAI I CANNOT WAIT
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:10 am

blkmage (post: 1455379) wrote:ALSO HOSHI WO OU KODOMO DIRECTED BY MAKOTO SHINKAI I CANNOT WAIT

Biggest reason of all to be excited about this coming year!
Atria35

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:18 am

blkmage (post: 1455379) wrote:ALSO HOSHI WO OU KODOMO DIRECTED BY MAKOTO SHINKAI I CANNOT WAIT

Oh man, this is exciting. I just hope that I don't have to wait a year to see it.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:30 am

I am always on board for a Makoto Shinkai movie. XD Nothing else really interests me so far (the one with the super long title looks pretty and I do love Honey & Clover, though), but Makoto Shinkai is always awesome. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby blkmage » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:53 am

If you want an idea of how long it might be...

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Jan 23, 2010 - Sept 30, 2010 ~ 8 months
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 1st - Jan 23, 2010 - Nov 26, 2010 ~ 10 months
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Feb 6, 2010 - Dec 18, 2010 ~10 months
Bungaku Shoujo - May 1, 2010 - Aug 27, 2010 ~ 4 months
Welcome to the Space Show - June 26, 2010 - Feb 9, 2011 ~ 7 months
Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 - June 27, 2009 - May 26, 2010 ~ 11 months
Summer Wars - Aug 1, 2009 - Mar 3, 2010 ~ 6 months
Eden of the East Movie I - Nov 28, 2009 - Mar 24, 2010 ~ 4 months
Eden of the East Movie II - Mar 13, 2010 - Aug 4, 2010 ~ 5 months

But yeah, SKIES and TENMON and DISTANCE.
I think I'm gonna go and listen to Project Promise.
blkmage

Postby LadyRushia » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:55 am

Let's see. . .

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
The idea is interesting and I liked Toradora so yeah.

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
I'm not going to watch this, but I just think it's funny that the guy's name is Ritsu.

SKET DANCE
Eh, it could be interesting.

Showa Monogatari
Set in Tokyo, 1964, this series is apparently being aimed at seniors and families in general.

I'm just interested to see how this will be executed.

Nichijou
I like slice-of-life/high school stuff enough to want to compare different takes on it. Also, that one girl kind of looks like Osaka.

DOG DAYS
Biscotti. Isn't that a food? Anyway, this one could be a fun series.

A Channel
Another four-panel comic adaptation about four high school girls.

It doesn't seem to offer anything new, but I'll still try it out.

Shiawase Haitatsu Taneko
Kid's anime about a weird looking cat.

The art reminds me of Jagainu-kun. If it turns out to be like Jagainu-kun, I will be very happy.

Hidan no Aria
Based on a light novel, in which the characters go to armed detective high school where they learn to use weapons. Titular character is the most powerful one. Also, Kugimiya Rie as another small tsundere in a J.C. Staff production, who would've guessed?

I'll try this one.

Lotte no Omocha!
I read the summary on the chart. All I ask is why? Why is this going to exist?

Steins;Gate
Based on a Nitroplus/5pb visual novel, it's set in the same universe as Chaos;Head. A group of friends have modded their microwave to send text messages to the past. A shady organization that's researching time travel chases them down.

Actually, this sounds kind of awesome. Microwave text messages? Cool.

Some of these might change and I might add some others depending on how things turn out. At the moment, I'm not super excited for anything though.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:11 am

Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera is one I'll probably check out because I like Brains Base. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai looks pretty interesting as well, I'll watch it. Otherwise, I think I'll wait to see what people think of the shows before jumping on board with one.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ich1990 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 am

A Buddha movie, a Shinkai movie, and Kaiji season 2? Sounds like a fantastic season.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:48 pm

A-anyone else gonna be watching Suite PreCure this year? Anyone...? <.<;; I mean it starts on February 6 which is coming up soon, and HeartCatch was a really great anime so this one should...should be...

*slowly crawls out of the thread*

Nate

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 pm

I kinda wish I found out about Heartcatch Precure earlier. Really, the only thing stopping me from going through it right now is that it's 49 episodes long.
blkmage

Postby dothackzero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 pm

meh, looks like they aren't bring back Reborn yet. :(
dothackzero

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 pm

blkmage wrote:I kinda wish I found out about Heartcatch Precure earlier. Really, the only thing stopping me from going through it right now is that it's 49 episodes long.

Yeah I started getting into it around episode 6 or 7, so I was good on that.

But...but...Suite PreCure is a new series, and it's starting on the 6th! So...you can start from episode one! And...and... ._.;;

Nate

Postby MasterDias » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Ao no Exorcist is actually what I'm anticipating the most. I'm been reading the manga since it started a few years ago. The anime is getting a surprisingly stacked staff and cast, and is taking over Star Driver's timeslot, so they clearly have a budget behind it.

There are several (C, Steins Gate) that look somewhat promising, and a few others I might just try based on the staff/studio alone.

So, it doesn't look like a bad season to me. It actually looks more interesting than last Spring anyway.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Hoshi o Ou Kodomo
Director: Shinkai Makoto
Cast: Irino Miyu, Inoue Kazuhiko, Kanemoto Hisako
Music: TENMON
Full trailer
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:59 pm

If this makes the jump in quality that was in between Places Promised and 5 cm/s, this movie will be 13/10. In other news, I've decided on what to watch this season.

blkmage (post: 1455331) wrote:[SIZE="4"]Moshidora[/SIZE]
Director: Hamana Takayuki (Library Wars, Prince of Tennis, Beast Player Erin)
Cast: Hanazawa Kana, Kakihara Tetsuya, Hikasa Youko

Based on a bestselling novel about a girl who's the manager of her school's baseball team. She accidentally buys and reads Drucker's Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices and applies the principles in the book to the management of the team. Yes, this is a real novel and I did not make that up.

[SIZE="4"]Showa Monogatari[/SIZE]
Studio: ???
Director: Kugimiya Hiroshi (debut)
Cast: Kyouda Hisako, Aoki Makoto, Fukuen Misato, Tamagawa Sakiko, Chiba Shouya, Matsumoto Yasunori

[SIZE="4"]Ao no Exorcist[/SIZE]
Director: Okamura Tensai (Darker than BLACK, Wolf's Rain, Medabots)
Cast: Fukuyama Jun, Hanazawa Kana, Nakai Kazuya, Okamoto Nobuhiko, Satou Rina

Based on a shounen manga running in Jump Square. A kid is raised by a famous exorcist, but it turns out he's actually the son of Satan. What a twist! So he decides to fight fate and become an exorcist by going to exorcist school. It also turns out he has a dark power inside of him.

[SIZE="4"]Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai[/SIZE]
Director: Nagai Tatsuyuki (Honey and Clover II, Toradora!, A Certain Scientific Railgun)

An original animation project from A-1 Pictures for noitaminA by the team behind Toradora. Six childhood friends grew apart in high school and the story is about finding and reuniting them.

[SIZE="4"]「][/SIZE]
Director: Nakamura Kenji (Mononoke, Ayakashi, Trapeze)

A noitaminA show, this will be the latest of Nakamura Kenji's original projects.

[SIZE="4"][B]SKET DANCE
[/SIZE]
Director: Kawaguchi Keiichiro (Hayate the Combat Butler, Zettai Karen Children, Nyan Koi!)
Cast: Yoshino Hiroyuki, Shiraishi Ryoko, Sugita Tomokazu

Based on a Shounen Jump manga about a high school group that's all about solving peoples' problems.

[SIZE="4"]Hidan no Aria[/SIZE]
Studio: J.C. Staff
Director: Watanabe Takashi (Shakugan no Shana, Slayers, Ikkitousen)
Cast: Kugimiya Rie, Majima Junji

[SIZE="4"]Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera[/SIZE]
Studio: Brains Base
Director: Yonetani Yoshitomo (GaoGaiGar, Betterman, Brigadoon)
Cast: Yamaguchi Kappei, Noto Mamiko, Koyasu Takehito

A remake based on a manga by Go Nagai. It's about a demon patrol who are sent to the human world to arrest demons.

[SIZE="4"]DOG DAYS[/SIZE]
Studio: Seven Arcs
Director: Kusakawa Keizou (Nanoha A's, Inukami!, Seikirei)
Cast: Koshimizu Ami, Taketatsu Ayana, Asumi Kana, Miyano Mamoru, Mizuki Nana, Hikasa Youko, Horie Yui

A new original project from the Nanoha team with a fairly stacked cast. It looks to be a fantasy anime with the protagonist being a hapless young lad from our world who gets sucked into fantasy land.
I'm trying to make an effort to watch more stuff as it comes out, so we'll see how many of these make it all the way to the end, but I'll watch at least the first episode.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Oh yeah, Moshidora was supposed to start yesterday, but got delayed for obvious reasons.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:10 am

I'm surprised nothing other than Bakuman has gone on hiatus after all this.

And I'm back btw, nearly two weeks exactly without internet was soothing, but ultimately boring.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

Hana-Saku Iroha= Love Hina with an all female cast?

Another Detective Conan movie. What are up to now, 20 of this movies or so and will he every be turn back into an adult in my life time?

Not too many on the list that I care to see other then the the Xmen anime and Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo.
Roy Mustang

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1465777) wrote:Hana-Saku Iroha= Love Hina with an all female cast?

I think that from the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B3NIQBLwko

it's going to be more like Wandering Son, except in a bathhouse.

Thank goodness!
Atria35

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews