Should Avatar: The Last Airbender Be Considered Anime?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Should Avatar: The Last Airbender Be Considered Anime?

Postby steenajack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Choices:

A) YESSS!!! Who cares if it wasn't made in Japan? This show IS an anime by many definitions.

B) No. I'm a purist, and I believe anime should be made in Japan.

C) Who cares if it's an anime or not?!?! It's a GREAT SHOW!!!!

D) You do know that in Japan, they call all animation anime anyway. So in Japan, it technically would be considered anime.

E) What's Avatar: The Last Airbender anyway? What's all the hype about?

F) I thought Avatar was a CGI movie by James Cameron about tall blue aliens on a paradise planet. :eyebrow:

So this is a poll about, pretty much what the title says. So, go ahead and choose away and have fun! XD! Besides, I like to see what everyone thinks about this show. I haven't decided quite yet. I'm stuck between choice A and choice C. But, don't let that stop you. :lol: Go ahead and have fun with this. :jump: (oh, and please no fighting or flaming. This is just for fun, and not meant to be all that serious. Want to keep the piece here is all)
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Ummm.. I don't really watch it but I have seen one or two episodes. Looks like a legit anime to me, even if it is American.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Haven't seen it myself. But if it's anime style in story and animation quality, than it could be called an American anime. XD
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby steenajack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Okay guys, I've submitted an alternate poll. So If you guys would like to make your votes/ voice your opinions, please go ahead and post there. Oh, and could a moderator maybe lock/delete/merge this thread please?
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Gigavine » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 am

This is a tough choice. I have seen most of the episodes including the last ones, and though it was made in America, there are pretty obvious Hindu elements mixed in. Even Aang's title of "Avatar" is a Hindu term describing a reincarnation of one of the Hindu gods. Therefore I would be mostly towards B, but I could consider A. The producers might have taken some ideas from the sacred Hindu epic called the Mahabharata, the longest piece of literature in the world.
Gigavine

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

Er, this is a gravedig, Shielduserof777. Posting to a thread that's 6 or more months old is generally discouraged, and the last post here was 20 month ago.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews