RahXephon

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

RahXephon

Postby Kirika » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:09 am

Does anyone likes RahXephon? It's my favorite, the animation is just awsome.
Kirika

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:16 pm

I watched the first episode (thank you Newtype). The art was great, and it was interesting ... confusingly weird, but interesting nonetheless. You've seen the entire series? How clean is it?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kirika » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:46 pm

I haven't seen the entire serie, now I'm up to episode 12 and waiting for volume 4 and it's still confusing :drool:
Kirika

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:10 pm

Have you found anything blatantly objectionable in it so far? What age group would you recommend it to?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Technomancer » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:06 pm

I've seen up to Vol 3. Probably about up to where Kirika's seen. So far I'd say it's fine. There's no nudity or anything really weird. I'd probably say teens and up, but that's really based on who the storyline's likely to appeal to.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Saint » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:48 pm

oh yes!

i would say that RahXephon is prehaps my favorite series being released. i have the 1st three dvds released as well. it can be likened to Neon Genisis... mecha, and lots of relationship stuff. some of the negatives are implyed sexual stuff... like some of the stuff with NGE. yet, there is also a Bi-sexual guy in it and it is very well pointed to... snappy dresser though. hehehe.
can't say to what level this would be recommended. its great, but there is the sexual stuff...
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby blue elf » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:57 pm

I've only seen the first dvd of Rahxephon, but I enjoyed it for the most part. It is a teensy bit, well maybe a little more than a teensy bit weird though. I've debated buying vol 2 and 3 though. I saw them at our local Wal-Mart for around 20 bucks, which is pretty good(in my opinion) for an anime dvd. Is the bi-dude that scientist guy, cause I kinda wondered bout him when I saw the frilly bathrobe.@_@
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Saint » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:15 am

he prolly is as well... but the one in quetion is Makoto... the guy with the red glasses. (maybe he is in the 2nd dvd... you would prolly think it when you first see him...)
Saint

Postby blue elf » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:37 am

ooooh, the dude with the hat? He was in the first dvd, but I didn't even think about him. I actually liked his glasses:sweat:
Hmmm, I'm still interested in seeing the rest of the series, but I still wish I knew a little bit more about the rest of the content. Oh well, I might just end up paying Wal-Mart a visit and just checking it out for myself. I think it has some really great animation and I really like the Rahxephon's design, but the other mechs that I've seen are just weird looking....or maybe it's just me.^^
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby Saint » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:47 am

yes... the Dolems are all strange looking... if you wonder i would say it will go thru stuff like NGE. (i think that NGE is Rah's role modle. ;) ). it is a good series story and character wise... except for the often alluded to sexual stuff. and thats all it really is, its not gonna show any more than NGE, it just alludes to it every so often. (there are scenes that are practically out of NGE, but handled with a more corrupt attitude... )

in review... like NGE, but more "open" :eyebrow: to sexual issues.
Saint

Postby blue elf » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:05 am

Hmm, well, I liked most of NGE(mostly the first half of the series), except for all the Christian symbolism and I was basically just really confused at the very end.:dizzy: I don't really remember any actual sex except for that one ep with Kaji and Misato. I don't mind some implied sexual stuff occasionaly as long as it's not overdone or becomes the sole focus of the story. Umm, hope ya don't mind my asking, but what exactly do ya mean by them being handled in a more corrupt attitude?
-BlueElf
blue elf

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews