New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby yukoxholic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Honey and Clover anime will be coming in the Fall of this year so says the latest issue of Shojo Beat. Check out the offical English anime website atVIZ.com

I wasn't sure whether to place this here or in the release dates thread as it doesn't have a set date yet. So, hopefully this fits in here! ^_^
yukoxholic

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Well, some good news about the First Squad.

ANN

ANN wrote:The Twitch film news website has begun streaming the 93-second official trailer for Molot Entertainment and Studio 4°C's First Squad project. The story is set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. A group of Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities have been drafted into a special unit to fight the invading German army. Opposing them is a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead an army of crusaders from the 12th-century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause.

Russian artists Misha Sprits and Aljosha Klimov created First Squad, and Yoshiharu Ashino (Tweeny Witches) is directing the project in Japan at Studio 4°C. Hirofumi Nakata designed the characters after working on last year's Batman: Gotham Knight anthology video. Studio 4°C head Eiko Tanaka (The Animatrix, Tekkonkinkreet) is producing the project with Sprits and Klimov. The trailer features the music of DJ Krush.

Link to trailer

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby blkmage » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 pm

I wonder what the chances are that Gundam Unicorn will turn out to be a TV series even though they've said they wouldn't be doing any TV series for the 30th anniversary.
blkmage

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm

blkmage wrote:I wonder what the chances are that Gundam Unicorn will turn out to be a TV series even though they've said they wouldn't be doing any TV series for the 30th anniversary.

It makes you wonder, since they are pushing this sooner as this winter and not next year, like it was first plan.

Roy Mustang

Postby blkmage » Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Not exactly new since we knew there were going to be seven of them, but the seventh and final Kara no Kyoukai movie, A Study in Murder (Part 2) (Satsujin Kousatsu (Go)) is going to be in theatres in August. The DVD of the sixth movie, Oblivion Recorder (Boukyaku Rokuon), is released on July 29.

I love Kara no Kyoukai so much.

Final Kara no Kyoukai Film Slated for August in Japan
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Thu May 28, 2009 6:36 am

Back with another new announcement, this time from Key, best known for their weepy visual novels Kanon, Air, and Clannad, and the corresponding anime adaptations by Kyoto Animation. Key's latest work is called Angel Beats! and Wikipedia says it's a mixed media project, but so far, only a TV anime has been announced.

The story takes place in a world after death. Angels are fighting for the concluded fate and future.
Yuri (nickname: Yurippe, character design) is the leader of "Shinda Sekai Sensen (SSS, World after death Front) and rebels against the god, who destined her to have an unreasonable life. Tenshi (Angel, character design) is the chairperson of the student council of the world after death and battles against SSS members.
SSS members are armed with guns (Yurippe uses M92F BRIGADIER) and the angles use supernatural power.

As for staff, Jun Maeda, the writer for pretty much every one of Key's games, and Na-Ga, the character designer for Little Busters!, is going to be working on it, with production being done by A-1 Pictures (not KyoAni!). A-1 is relatively new, having worked on stuff like Persona trinity soul, Birdy DECODE, Kannagi, Kuroshitsuji, and currently, Valkyria Chronicles.

I'm pretty surprised that someone other than Kyoto Animation is doing a Key TV anime. Unless it means that they're already working on something, most likely Little Busters! Still, KyoAni is good through summer since they've got Haruhi, but they don't have anything lined up for fall yet. Also, Key's next game, Rewrite, has been announced and in the works for a while, but there hasn't been much news about that.

Links: moetron, MAL thread, ANN, Angel Beats!
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:09 pm

The new Dengeki Bunko has information about a new Shakugan no Shana anime project. There's no other information yet, since the issue isn't out yet, so we should get more details later on. But, (imo) it seems like the timing is about right for another season of Shana for fall.

Links: Canned Dogs, moetron, Shakugan no Shana on Wikipedia
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Remember that spreadsheet that got leaked from BONES last year that had FMA2 on it? Well, that came true. Today, we find out that the other thing came true. Yes, it's Darker than BLACK 2, announced in Square's Young Gangan.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for BONES to announce Ouran 2, which only exists in my (and countless others', I'll bet) head so far. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Link: moetron, Darker than BLACK on Wikipedia
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:16 am

Many of you will be happy to learn that the team of Serial Experiments Lain is being put to work again, this time on an anime called Despera (ですぺら). We've got the concept by ABe Yoshitoshi, who did the concept for Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei, Nakamura Ryutaro as director (Serial Experiements Lain, Kino no Tabi), and script by Konaka Chiaki (Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Digimon Tamers).

Links: moetron, Alice6, Chiaki J. Konaka's web
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 pm

I'm intrigued, actually. Though generally, I do hope that animation techniques have progressed enough to more closely realize ABe Yoshitoshi's artistic stylings in motion.

Any word on its debut?
Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Nope, just a formal announcement, as it seems to have been mentioned before. But, from scouring around, it seems that it's set in the Taishou period, in 1922, and is about a 14 year-old girl who can create mechanical devices without any scientific or technical knowledge.
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail gets an anime in the fall. Studios are A-1 Pictures(Kannagi, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Valkyria Chronicles) and Satelight (Noein, Macross Frontier, Basquash!).
Wonder if they will stick with 2-cour or go for something longer... A-1 Pictures is fairly new and I don't think Satelight has ever adapted a long-running manga before.

Source: ANN
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 am

Ryohgo Narita's light novel series Dhurarara!! is getting animated. It's apparently going to be the same staff that adapted Baccano! too. This is worth keeping an eye on.

Source: ANN

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 am

A bunch of sources are indicating that Deadman Wonderland is getting an anime.
blkmage

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

Any word if it's going to be as terrible as the Manga?
Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:07 am

So, straight from TYPE-MOON's site, we have a Fate/stay night movie announcement. No details yet about cast, studio, or release date, although I'm going to guess we'll be hearing more once we get to C76. My hope is for another multi-movie ufotable production.
blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:16 pm

There's a new anime coming out entitled Sora no Otoshimono(Heaven's Lost Property).

Here's the article straight from animenewsnetwork.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-10/sora-no-otoshimono-tatakau-shisho-promos-streamed

Just as a warning, this series is pretty echi although it's also a mixture of the comedy, slice of life, and magical girlfriend genres.
Yamamaya

Postby MasterDias » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku "politics x mahjong action" manga Gets Anime Green-Lit
From ANN:
The English subtitle of the manga is "The Legend of Koizumi" — a reference to the manga's main character, who is a fictionalized version of Japan's 89th prime minister, Junichirō Koizumi. In this political parody, Koizumi plays a special form of "mahjong diplomacy" against foreign adversaries such as George W. Bush, Kim Jong-il, Vladimir Putin, Margaret Thatcher, and others.

Japan... What will they think of next?

MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:55 am

I read the first chapter of that. It is gold.
blkmage

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Looks like Gundam UC (Unicorn) will in fact be a television series and not a movie. Even though Sunrise has stated that there are no plans for TV series in 2009, it's pretty much confirmed that Unicorn will find its way to broadcast.

Roy Mustang

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1308081) wrote:Well, some good news about the First Squad.

ANN

Link to trailer

Wow that sounds incredible. I'm a sucker for historical fiction mixed with fantasy. Is a sub available yet?
Yamamaya

Postby MasterDias » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm

It's a movie, and it hasn't been officially released yet, so no one can sub it until they actually get a DVD.
It's been shown at a few film festivals I think, to favorable reviews.

MasterDias

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Yamamaya wrote:Wow that sounds incredible. I'm a sucker for historical fiction mixed with fantasy. Is a sub available yet?

I think they are going to release this to all the counties that are part of this project at the same time.

Since its a Japan/Russia/USA/Canada project.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:34 pm

More info about Gundam Unicorn.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn novelist Harutoshi Fukui has revealed some details about this winter's anime adaptation of his work in an interview for the Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web site on Wednesday. Fukui says he has seen how the anime is developing up until the script and storyboard stages. According to the novelist, the first anime installment will last about one hour and will incorporate material from the first two novel volumes.

Looks like it will be OVA.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm

As long as Gundam Unicorn's characters aren't designed by a yaoi artist COUGH00COUGH, then I'm all for a new Gundam. Huzzah!
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

CrimsonRyu17 wrote:As long as Gundam Unicorn's characters aren't designed by a yaoi artist COUGH00COUGH, then I'm all for a new Gundam. Huzzah!

Don't worry. I have seen a few of the artwork and the characters are Mighty Men and Women of Feds and Zeon.

Not girly men or I thought that was a girl in Gundam 00.

Roy Mustang

Postby blkmage » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:40 am

A number of things:

Black★Rock Shooter is getting her own anime! B★RS is an original character made up for the Hatsune Miku song of the same name, which was composed by ryo/supercell. It has a bunch of ex-Kyoto Animation staff working on it and the music will be composed by ryo. A preview PV is going to be released at the end of September.

MOON PHASE has two interesting preliminary anime announcements. The first is a new season of Hidamari Sketch, titled Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆. Hidamari Sketch x365 is already getting a TV special in October, so the third season will have to be at least sometime next year.

The second anime is based on a PSP visual novel called Okamikakushi. The game is a collaboration between Ryukishi07 (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Umineko no Naku Koro ni), who directed it, and Peach-Pit (Rozen Maiden, Shugo Chara!), who did the character designs. Of course, the description sounds like something Ryukishi07 would write:
Is it god or a wolf? Fear and mysteries intermingle over the hidden rule of an old town. In 1983, the residents of Jyouga were involved in a repetitive nightmare. A chain of ten events will lead us to the truth...
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 pm

You Hetalia fans might be pleased to learn that Hetalia Axis Powers is getting a movie in 2010. How or why? It is a mystery. ┐( ´ー`)┌
blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Has the first episode of Darker than Black season 2 been released yet? I heard somewhere it would be released today, October 4.
Yamamaya

Postby blkmage » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Darker than Black airs on Thursdays, starting on the 8th.

Eh, might as well throw the Durarara!! trailer here. Winter 2010!

blkmage

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews