New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby blkmage » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Kamisama Dolls was apparently confirmed for summer a while ago on its official website, so it looks like Brains Base is going to start doing two shows peer season.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I've read some of Kamisama dolls, but it's dreadfully hard to find! I'm rather excited to see the anime for it.
Atria35

Postby Cadence » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:32 pm

blkmage (post: 1467254) wrote:Kamisama Dolls was apparently confirmed for summer a while ago on its official website, so it looks like Brains Base is going to start doing two shows peer season.
Ah, I see. Thank you!
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:54 am

blkmage (post: 1467254) wrote:Kamisama Dolls was apparently confirmed for summer a while ago on its official website, so it looks like Brains Base is going to start doing two shows peer season.
Looks like Vamp/Durarara!!2 has a chance of airing this year!
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Recent announcements include:
  1. A new Higurashi OVA. Can you believe it's been almost ten years since the visual novel was first released?
  2. More Hidamari Sketch TV specials ( X ' _____ ' )
  3. A second season for Working!! We can only hope that the new OP lives up to the high bar that SOMEONE WAN WAN has set
  4. Persona 4 anime, produced by AIC ASTA (Sora no Otoshimono, Bamboo Blade, GUN X SWORD)
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 am

In jaw-dropping, please-don't-be-a-hoax news, a new Rurouni Kenshin anime has been announced.
MAL Newsfeed wrote:According to Jump Square magazine, a new anime of Rurouni Kenshin was announced. The details of the project will be announced in the magazine later.

A new fighting game on PSP "Rurou ni Kenshi Saisen" was released on March 10th.

Rurou ni Kenshi PSP official website

The late Suzuoki Hirotaka's recorded voices were used for Saito Hajime in the game.

TheSubtleDoctor

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1472544) wrote:In jaw-dropping, please-don't-be-a-hoax news, a new Rurouni Kenshin anime has been announced.

OH MAN I AM SO HAPPY I COULD DANCE :dance:

Can't wait for more news about it!
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby TWWK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 am

When I heard about this, I thought I was gonna explode. THIRD and final arc of the manga? Must be? Gotta be? PLEASE?
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby blkmage » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:02 am

On the one hand, this is really interesting and probably a good idea. But personally, I can't get all that fired up about it anymore. I mean, I read the Jinchuu arc and I still think the Kyoto arc was the best part, so I was fairly satisfied with what I already got. Maybe if it got Brohooded or something.

Although I do hope that this leads to other things that are in dire need of remaking/finishing (KARE KANO KARE KANO KARE KANO).
blkmage

Postby Maokun » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1472544) wrote:In jaw-dropping, please-don't-be-a-hoax news, a new Rurouni Kenshin anime has been announced.

WAT?

Please God, let it be Enishi arc and cero filler junk.

blkmage (post: 1472569) wrote: Maybe if it got Brohooded or something.

That would be a satisfactory turn of events too.

Although I do hope that this leads to other things that are in dire need of remaking/finishing (KARE KANO KARE KANO KARE KANO).

This. Also, RANMA RANMA RANMA.
Maokun

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm

All I'm sayin' is: Japan better not screw this one up. There is already a built-in fanbase, so the show will get viewers w/ a minimal amount of hype. It would actually be more difficult to turn this into something that didn't work. If you can do it for FMA, you can do it for Kenshin.

Speaking of FMA, I am for a total Brotherhood style remake with a slash and burn approach to all the useless crap that littered the anime (and I am not just talking about the final third). Everything between the defeat of Ryjuta and the arrival of Saito must be left on the editing room floor. Heck, the only two major villains before the Kyoto Arc should be Aoshi and Ryjuta (I am not counting Sanosuke, but of course he gets an intro episode). Tack the Jinhuu Arc on the end, condense everything and slap a new coat of animation on the whole package.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Someone reminded me that it was Deen that did the all of the anime (yes, including Tsuiokuhen) and that they did the animation for the PSP game, so chances are high that they'll be doing the new anime. It should turn out alright if they can get someone competent for a director (like not Chiaki Kon). Fun fact: the director of all of the Kenshin anime is Furuhashi Kazuhiro, who's most recent handiwork is some OVA called Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Lets not jump to conclusions until more details are actually released. For all we know, it could just be an anime-original OVA or something.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:05 pm

*hits the roof when she heard the news*
Oh...My...gooosssh REALLY My tiny 14 year old anime noob self just did a flip flop with glee.

This is exciting news! And something us Kenshin Fans have been waiting for! (If it's the Jinchuu arc)
I'm wondering if they'll redo the entire series though? To draw in a new audience, like you guys mentioned about the "Brohood" style.

This anime started it all for me...no joke.

I hope it's not just an OVA or if it is a GOOD one.

*skips around happily*

Edit: Found this link too, but its nearly a year old. Any news on it? Its referring to a live-action movie.
http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/07/rurouni-kenshin-to-come-back-as-live-action-movie/
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1472855) wrote:This is exciting news! And something us Kenshin Fans have been waiting for! (If it's the Jinchuu arc)

Exactly! I mean, the manga was sooo good! It definitely needs the Jinchuu arc to be an awesome anime!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:05 am

MasterDias wrote:Lets not jump to conclusions until more details are actually released. For all we know, it could just be an anime-original OVA or something.

Where is the fun in that in not jumping to conclusions. :lol:

But really, your right. I want more info on this, before I get happy about it.
Roy Mustang

Postby blkmage » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Oh hey, it looks like Mirai Nikki is actually getting a real anime for real this time. And based on the staff, newbie cast, and studio (lol asread), it has an amazingly high chance of turning out to be completely awful.
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:41 am

Fabulous. I'm totally not thrilled about this. I love Mirai Nikki, but I'm sooo not lovin' the OVA or the idea that there will be more of it.
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 am

[quote="Crunchroll news"]NewType Magazine announced that Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, xxxHolic, FLCL) has a new, original anime series slated to hit Japanese TV in October. Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, Highschool of the Dead) directs from a script by Hiroyuki Yoshino (Macross Frontier, My-HiME). Character design is by redjuice, of originally dō] I'm actually kind of interested in this. I didn't like Death Note but the anime was definitely better than the manga and most of its issues were carried over from the manga, so if he's working on an original project that might be interesting. Production IG is a solid studio, so it should look nice, if nothing else.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 am

Watching for redjuice and ryo.
blkmage

Postby Narnian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm looking forward to the Persona 4 anime. Other than that, I haven't seen a lot of titles that I really want to tune into yet.
[align=center]Christ follower, cosplayer, and anime fan. Jesus is the best!

2 Corinthians 2:14-15
14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

MAL
Blog
DA
Christian cosplayers unite!
DA
Narnian

Postby MightiMidget » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Oo, still need to look into Persona 3. =) This gives incentive now!
MightiMidget

Postby airichan623 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 am

blkmage (post: 1472569) wrote:Although I do hope that this leads to other things that are in dire need of remaking/finishing (KARE KANO KARE KANO KARE KANO).

YES. with redone animation, PLEASE. the animation sucked. :P
TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1472788) wrote:All I'm sayin' is: Japan better not screw this one up. There is already a built-in fanbase, so the show will get viewers w/ a minimal amount of hype. It would actually be more difficult to turn this into something that didn't work. If you can do it for FMA, you can do it for Kenshin.

Speaking of FMA, I am for a total Brotherhood style remake with a slash and burn approach to all the useless crap that littered the anime (and I am not just talking about the final third).

I agree. I was never a Kenshin fan, but now I could speed watch it to make my friends happy without watching 200+ eps!
I'm praying for a Brotherhood-style remake of Fruits Basket. The ending of the manga is so much more...FINAL.

And I'll be watching this "Guilty Crown" series most likely- sounds like a Code Geass style plot that'll pull me in and enrapture me. :):P

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:56 am

Shana III confirmed for Fall.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:40 am

Toshokan Sensou anime film.

TV anime DVD sales (for reference)
01巻 *8,535 10,260 11,712 08.08.06
02巻 *7,903 *9,139 10,465 08.09.03
03巻 *7,994 *9,370 *9,789 08.10.01
04巻 *7,956 *8,911 *9,258 08.11.05
05巻 *7,949 *9,010 **,*** 08.12.03
BOX **,*** **,*** **,*** 10.12.22 ※BD-BOX
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 am

I'd have to get a call saying my brother died or something to put me out of this good mood.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:20 pm

We need a thread for the license announcements. Kimi ni Todoke season 1 has been aquired by Nis America.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:26 pm

blkmage

Postby AngelicTotoro » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:00 pm

[quote="blkmage (post: 1486417)"]Image

Toshokan Sensou anime film.

TV anime DVD sales (for reference)
01巻]

Are you serious!? This. IS. Awesome!!! :dance:
Looking at the screenshot... I see that the picture being used is from the last novel... YAY!!! That means it won't be a recap movie~! :lol:
I can't put how happy this makes me into words... I just finished running around the house, (I'm serious) telling every single one of my six brothers and sisters the good news. :grin: Only two of them really care though, the others don't watch anime very often. :P
[SIZE="5"]YAY![/SIZE]
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby blkmage » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:29 am

It was teased earlier, but the official site has opened and confirmed that Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse will be airing in 2012. This is great news for everyone who's a fan of Muv-Luv (which is basically only me) as it's the first Muv-Luv project to get an anime adaptation.
blkmage

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews