Favorite Anime School Uniforms

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Favorite Anime School Uniforms

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:09 am

I've noticed that we have yet to have a thread devoted to favorite anime school uniforms! For some anime, especially those centered around middle and high school, the uniform is just as much a character as anyone else. So the question I pose to you is: which anime has your favorite school uniforms?

Personally, my favorite is the high school uniforms from "His and Her Circumstances". No big bows or frilly ribbons here. They just look so dang cool.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby EricTheFred » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:52 am

The sailor dress worn by Luna's father in "Seto no Hanayome"...

Seriously, I usually think the more understated, the better. Taking both the guys and gals into account, I think the Haruhi Suzumiya uniforms are elegant and good-looking without frivolty.

However, Jindou High School (Full Metal Panic) which is more Anime-traditional (girls with big bows and sailor dresses, boys in high collar military-style coats) has a fine-looking uniform. Interestingly, I've read they are based on the actual uniforms worn in the school the author attended, just slightly changed in color.

"Shingu", a story set in the 2070s, is interesting in that uniforms are a thing of the past. A transfer student causes quite a stir when he shows up in the uniform for the school from six decades or so before (a family heirloom.) The other kids hardly know what to make of it. He keeps wearing the uniform throughout the series.

A girl who both likes and dislikes him, to declare a sort of war, at one point shows up in the sailor dress from the same era (borrowed from her grandmother.)
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:41 pm

The uniforms from Imadoki. Unlike most uniforms I either don't notice or notice for the wrong reasons, I actually liked them from the start.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:01 pm

I think I would go with the Uniforms worn in School Rumble.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby RidleyofZebes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Lucky Star. :P
I don't really know why, they just kinda... stand out from the rest. :)
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby teigeki_calesa » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Girls: I'm fine with sailor-style uniforms, but I have a preference for the figure-fitted-suit-and-tie-with-short-skirt uniforms.

Boys: I can't bring myself to get a hang of the gakuran(high-collar military-style uniforms). No offense to those who do, but I find them dorky. I find myself leaning to the suit-and-tie type of uniform.
Excuse my blinking, just got too many shifts this week.
teigeki_calesa

Postby Kurama » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Kurama's School's Uniform, from Yu Yu Hakusho. They are all my favorite colors. ^^
Kurama

Postby Mimiru14 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:21 pm

I really liked the uniforms in Fushigi Yugi..I don't know why,but maybe it was because they were different at the time.

I also second His and Hers! :)
[color="Magenta"]"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."
— J.K. Rowling [/color]

[color="Plum"]"It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's what makes it cool"[/color]:thumb:
Mimiru14

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:09 pm

Ooh, the ones in Fushigi Yugi were cute ^^ I also liked Aya's from Ayashi no Ceres ^^ The ones in School Rumble is cute to ^^ So many cute ones ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Rei's in the Live Action Sailor Moon.I also like the ones on Lain.Then also
Kagome's and her friends in Inuyasha.Actually the reason she wears it all the time,or most all the time,in the Warring States Era is because Rumiko
Takahashi noted that it's rather durable.
Finally what Ayane and Miu wear on Gatekeepers 21.
mitsuki lover

Postby minakichan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:03 pm

I prefer blazers to sailor, and I love it when the girls' and boys' uniforms are very similar.

I like the Mx0 uniforms, especially the boys'. Hrmm... I despise Hino Matsuri and Vampire Knight and all it stands for, but I think the uniform..... well, the uniform would be excellent if it wasn't so ridiculous. It has some REALLY nice style, but the over-the-top accents and the FRICKING ROSE BUTTONS >< **** me off. If it wasn't such a ludicrous design, it might be my favorite.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Tarnish » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:26 pm

As much as I hate Vampire Knight, I have to admit those are some pretty nice uniforms. Rose buttons and all.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby yukoxholic » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:32 pm

I love the school uniforms in Peach Girl, Kamichu!, Princess Tutu, and Vampire Knight which I didn't actually hate too much and or despise with a passion. It was o.k. I guess not the most original and not the best to say the least.

Though the La Corda D'Oro anime music school uniforms are very pretty even the GenED ones look sophisticated. If I were to attempt to make a uniform for cosplay I'd either do the Vampire Knight, La Corda d'Oro, or Princess Tutu ones.

Peach Girl I've actually attempted and it came out pretty accurate! ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Lilac#18 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:51 pm

I like Rei Hino's school uniform.I like the colors together.:)

FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:56 pm

I don't pay much attention to them, but as far as anime school uniforms go, Tokiko Tsumura from Buso Renkin had one of the cooler ones I've seen.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:49 am

[font="palatino Linotype"]>_>;;

I love Vampire Knight, and it's outfits.......*awaits gunshots*

I also like Ouran High School Host Club's uniforms--well, the guy's outfits. The girl's outfits scare me...[/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm

There are also series such as Betterman where the characters do not wear any uniforms.Hinoki,Keita and their friends just wear their every day clothes like American kids do.
btw:In the live action version of Sailor Moon both Rei and Makoto have different style from the other girls.
mitsuki lover

Postby Nate » Thu May 01, 2008 1:43 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:btw:In the live action version of Sailor Moon both Rei and Makoto have different style from the other girls.

...and that's different from the anime HOW?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby airichan623 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm

tho i also hate VK the uniforms are stunning.
Ichigo's uniform in Tokyo Mew Mew
Fruits Basket- simple yet cute for girls and expressive for guys
also luve imadoki uniforms
Shugo Chara!'s Ikuto and Utau have awesome uniforms.

I WISH I WORE A SAILOR SUIT TO SCHOOL!!!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 pm

I think the uniforms in Angelic Layer are kind of neat. They give the impression of sailor style uniforms, but they're much more complex and ornate than the usual fare.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:53 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I've gotten the chance to see a lot more uniforms since I first started this thread so I wanna give my updated favorites:

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya": I love the color green used on the guys blazers and the way Kyon wears his is totally in character and awesome!

"Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan" (Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan): I love the fact that both the boys and the girls wear that pink-like color. It looks cool in blazer form!

"Lucky Star" : In the words of "Motteke! Sailor Fuku" I really prefer the summer uniform, it's so cute! Maybe I'm just a sucker for girls wearing blue, but that's just downright awesome![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Elycien » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:55 am

Hmm... I love the Haruhi Suzumiya uniforms - I wanna make one to cosplay Haruhi this summer, if I can - and the Ashford Academy uniforms from Code Geass are pretty cool too.

I also am a fan of gakuran uniforms on guys. Don't ask me why, I just think it looks really awesome. I can't think of any anime with school uniforms like that, though, all I can think of is military-type characters.

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby Michael Lance » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Before I dropped the series, I thought the futuristic-looking uniforms of Infinite Stratos were cool.

EDIT: *carves another notch in his belt* Another thread returned from beyond ^^ .\/n the Gravedigger strikes again!
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby TWWK » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 am

For the obsessed, Oishii Anime is posting about one school uniform per day, all year long.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby SierraLea » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 am

I liked the student council's uniforms in The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross. Each showed the unique personality of the wearer, and I love what they did with the shoulders.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh hey, this wasn't locked. I guess I will post, then.

I really like the uniforms of Star Driver and Mawaru Penguindrum. I like the look of both, and both happen to be worn by gentlemen I think rather highly of. >.>
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews