Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Yes, but it is a matter of Mithrandir finding time in his schedule to look at the review databases and track down the error. Right now approved reviews sail off into the abyss and the initial copy is deleted, meaning that the process is working but sending them to the wrong place.
uc pseudonym

Postby steenajack » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:43 pm

I'd like to do a review of a manga called "From Far Away". That is,of course, when I have finished reading it. Has anyone heard of a basketball manga called "Slam Dunk"? I'd like to see a review about it if anyone has the time.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Agape » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

I think someone already requested this anime, but i haven't seen anything on it in the site. Could someone do a review on X'1999.
Agape

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Let me know when the problem is fixed. I have some anime I've finished watching that I'd love to review.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby theanimeguy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Just submitted a review of Eureka Seven.
theanimeguy

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:58 pm

airichan623 (post: 1317601) wrote:how bout a review of the tsubasa anime?

If you mean "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" I'm actually going to submit a review for that very soon. I have seen all of it in Japanese on YouTube, but only up to volume 10 in English, but since I've seen all of it, I know enough to review it.
AnimeGirl

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Agape (post: 1341142) wrote:I think someone already requested this anime, but i haven't seen anything on it in the site. Could someone do a review on X'1999.

I believe there is still a problem with reviews being submitted, but I have seen this anime, and I can send you a pm with the objectionable contents, etc...if you'd like.
Wyntre Rose

Postby GeneD » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:14 am

While the review section is down, what is the possibility of a review thread? It could be locked so that only mods can post accepted reviews?

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is at the moment, but are reviews from members still getting though before they are checked by mods? Once this is done, can they not be simply copy-pasted into a thread?
The members could also be asked to resubmit once the system is working again.

Of course it won't be as convenient as having everything nicely arranged and alphabetical but one can just search the thread and hopefully the system is back before the thread gets too large. At least we can see some new, up-to-date reviews. :)
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Reviews can be submitted and are viewable. However, currently due to an unknown error, attempting to transfer those reviews to the main database results in them vanishing.

So yes, these reviews could conceivably be copy-pasted into threads. That might be one way around the bug. However, in my mind the reviews are a long term effort - when it is simply a matter of someone wishing to know something about a series, the recommendations threads are serving this purpose relatively well.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Yeah... It's on my list of things to fix. HONEST! :sweat:
Mithrandir

Postby Agape » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Wyntre Rose (post: 1356363) wrote:I believe there is still a problem with reviews being submitted, but I have seen this anime, and I can send you a pm with the objectionable contents, etc...if you'd like.

Thanks. I'd appreciate it if you could.
Agape

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Sending a review for The SoulTaker pretty soon. I accidentally sent a review with just the title by mistake, sorry.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:54 pm

ilikegir33 (post: 1359303) wrote:Sending a review for The SoulTaker pretty soon. I accidentally sent a review with just the title by mistake, sorry.

Thanks for the note. I'll go clear it out so we don't get confused.
Mithrandir

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:54 pm

I sent in a review for Tsubasa. It's my first CAA review, so I hope I rated everything correctly.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby steenajack » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm

YAY! I liked your review AnimeGirl. X3!

Oh! And I vote someone does a re-review for the Twelve Kingdoms. There are a few things in there that the reviewer may have forgot to mention. eh-he.....nothing too bad, just a teeny bit of non-sexual nudity. (nothing explicit is shown as far as I know/seen) But still it's in there.

Oh! And I'd like to review for an anime OVA called Animation Runner Kuromi (just as soon as I watch it though.) I'll submit as soon as I see it.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 am

If it's just a few things to be added, it would be better to simply add them directly. If you can provide a list of everything you feel is lacking in the review, it could be amended. Better yet, post such things in the thread associated with that review (you'll probably have to search to find it).
uc pseudonym

Postby steenajack » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks! I'll be she to make some notes as I finish the series.

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
steenajack

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:01 am

I think someone should review Tengen Toppen Gurren Laggan, since it's uber-popular right now. I'd do it, but I'm someone who doesn't normally like Gainax, so I'm probably not the best choice.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MightiMidget » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm

I submitted a review for Kuroshitsuji...not sure if I did it entirely right though (-.-)...and Tengen Toppen Gurren Laggan is on my to-watch list, so...if I get to it before a review is up I'll make notes of it. =)
MightiMidget

Postby airichan623 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:35 pm

I would like to request the honor of reviewing Code Geass R2.

However: I would like to redo the review for the original Code Geass, if possible. It leaves out so many pieces of content, its not even funny. (no offense to the original creator)

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:18 pm

We do want the database to be as accurate as possible. Can you voice your concerns in the Code Geass review thread? You should be able to find it via searching. While we typically don't allow re-reviews, there's definitely precedent for altering them in the case of oversights. We'll evaluate once we can verify accuracy and compare.
uc pseudonym

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Okay, I was thinking of writing a review for the beloved Aria series- am I right for thinking that the series should be reviewed as a whole, instead of a different review for each season? And should there be a different review for the OVA? I also noticed that the review for Victorian Romance Emma is incomplete- there's two seasons to it, for a total of, well, more than 12 episodes as the original reviewer indicates, which makes me think she only saw the first season. Would it be possible to write up a review for the whole series, or should I just send one in for the second season?
Atria35

Postby airichan623 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:51 pm

How about the D. Gray Man manga or anime? I'd like to see a review of that cuz I enjoyed/own the 1st manga volume and own the 2nd manga volume in Portuguese (but can read that one) and I want to know if it is worth continuing...

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Is it possible to add to existing reviews? I've only watched the first five episodes, but I think the Cowboy Bebop review could have a little more added to it.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:14 pm

wildpurplechild wrote:Is it possible to add to existing reviews? I've only watched the first five episodes, but I think the Cowboy Bebop review could have a little more added to it.

Reviews can be modified if we believe there is information that needs to be included. For example, if the current review misrepresents the amount of objectionable content. At the same time, we don't encourage modifications unless there is that need (for example, there's no need to list every single objectionable item if the current review gives a clear idea of the level of content).

Generally we ask that such comments be placed in the thread for the review, though this thread is always the best place to get my attention. Considering that I've seen Cowboy Bebop, we should be able to deal with this one quickly.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lord Omberus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:53 am

[quote="99+1 (post: 1389332)"]Hey, I’ve been looking into the soul eater series recently. I’ve only glanced at a few of the mangas, I liked it, and I didn’t like it. The story was epic and the battles were intense, but I didn’t care for the some of the other stuff i noticed as i thumbed through. i was wondering if anyone around here has seen enough of the anime to give a content review. Was the American version cut down]

Funimation is doing the dubwork for the american release of Soul Eater. The first four episodes are available for free on Youtube in english, and the full series is available subbed.

Most of the translation conventions are ok, really only changing things when the abbreviations wouldn't make sense in english. Changing "Shinigami" to "Death" was about the biggest one. The series is relatively intact, but for one issue.

Chrona is fairly explicitly male. Male voice actor, male pronouns. This might not be an issue for most people, but canonically, Chrona has neither sex nor gender. It is an It. Not a He or a She. If you don't mind that it's pretty good. Voice acting could use work. Blackstar sounds like a twelve year old girl.

I personally wouldn't skip any of it (Besides maybe the Excalibur episodes...) because I like all of it.

Manga has the better story though.
Lord Omberus

Postby Wyntre Rose » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:43 am

Lord Omberus (post: 1389965) wrote:Chrona is fairly explicitly male. Male voice actor, male pronouns. This might not be an issue for most people, but canonically, Chrona has neither sex nor gender. It is an It. Not a He or a She. If you don't mind that it's pretty good. Voice acting could use work. Blackstar sounds like a twelve year old girl.

If I may, I'm going to correct you on one thing. Chrona is voiced by a woman in both the Japanese (Maaya Sakamoto) and the English (Maxey Whitehead). Also, per the commentary, the only reason they gave Chrona male pronouns is that you can't keep pronouns neutral in English without it sounding affected - or calling Chrona "it" all the time, which has a whole different connotation - and "he" is what is often used in English when gender is not specified, just in general. So, they weren't trying to say Chrona is a boy, it's just far more awkward to keep gender neutral in English than it is in Japanese. Which is annoying, since Chrona's gender ambiguity is so carefully preserved in the Japanese...but it's just one of those things that doesn't cross over very well, unfortunately.

Also, to 99+1, if it was the fanservice that bothered you, I can't speak to it being identical to the manga, since I've only seen the anime, but I can tell you that the fanservice is pretty heavy - in places. Blair, for example is nude several times, and only her body position hides anything at all - and that isn't much...after a while, it's not much of a problem any more, but in those first few episodes...yeah, it's not easily overlooked. It would be really difficult to skip over the fanservice stuff, since it is almost all in the very beginning, where things are being explained and set up for the later stories...you'd probably just have to fastforward, honestly. They don't last long, a few seconds at most, so you'd be missing a lot of other things that are plot relevant if you skipped the whole scene, or episode.
Wyntre Rose

Postby Beau Soir » Sun May 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I think I may do a review for Romeo x Juliet soon, if anyone else wasn't planning on it... and I haven't seen a review for it posted yet. I'll probably rewatch the whole thing first though to takes notes.

I would like to see reviews for Katekyo Hitman Reborn, So-ra-no-wo-to, and D. Gray Man, if anyone could please write them up for those sometime. I haven't watched them but I have friends who like them, so I want to know if they're worth watching or have questionable content. Thanks! :3

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 am

I was wondering if anyone can review "Tokyo Babylon" and "X/1999" I am very curious, 'cause it looks interesting, but I wanna know if I am able to handle the content before I watch this.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Wyntre Rose » Tue May 04, 2010 11:35 am

Actually, I could send you a pm. I already have one written up for x/1999 that I did for another CAA'er a while back, I just haven't submitted it here. I'll have it and one for Tokyo Babylon for you in just a while. Heading out the door for a doctor's appointment, or I'd do it now. :)
Wyntre Rose

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews