Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:29 pm

Mine's actually based off of a tape that Streamline released back in the early 90's. I wonder if Mith put one up...
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:50 am

Oh can somebody do a Death Note TV review? I'm really interested bcuz I finished the manga and I really want to see it but I've heard on a THEMAnime review that there are dark overtones. Also I know the series is still running. There are 37 episodes.
Another review I'd like to see: Higurashi ni Naku Kou no Ni. Or "When They Cry Higurashi"

Yes the red Na is part of the title.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:35 pm

Unfortunately, we don't offer reviews for unfinished series in the majority of cases. If you want to know about Death Note it would probably be best to find a thread about it in the anime forum and ask there. I haven't been following it, but I've never heard anything about them deviating from the manga.
uc pseudonym

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Yeah. The reviewer would have to watch the show in its entirety and DN isn't finished.
But can somebody review Higurashi ni Naku Kou No Ni? Thanks.
ilikegir33

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:23 pm

The Death Note Anime is still currently running, and licensed to Viz, so you'd need to wait for the Stateside release before writing any sort of legal review anyway. But yes, aside from a few specific scenes, the Anime is pretty much faithful to the Manga to a fault, so just read the Manga review.

And I might have been tempted to look into When They Cry Higurashi for you, except that I know that that series contains torture scenes. Now I like my dark Animes and Mangas, but I can't sit through torture.
Fish and Chips

Postby Momo-P » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 pm

I actually sent a review for Higurashi in sometime ago. Course...either A: It was rejected or B: Possibly something happened and it didn't get submitted. ^^;
Momo-P

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Thank u! :) Also I sent reviews for Otaku No Video and Robot Carnival a few wks ago. I don't think they were rejected. I know MrSmartyPants' FMA review didn't get up for some time... Hopefully these reviews will get up soon...
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:25 pm

[quote="Momo-P"]I actually sent a review for Higurashi in sometime ago. Course...either A: It was rejected or B: Possibly something happened and it didn't get submitted. ^^]
The more likely possibility is C: No one has had time to approve your review yet (that's probably the case for you as well, ilikegir33). Looking at yours it seems in decent shape but I'm not qualified to approve it.
uc pseudonym

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:47 am

uc pseudonym wrote:The more likely possibility is C: No one has had time to approve your review yet (that's probably the case for you as well, ilikegir33). Looking at yours it seems in decent shape but I'm not qualified to approve it.

Yeah, that's what it is... Thanks for clarifying that, UC!
ilikegir33

Postby Splitter 2.0 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:33 am

Provided no one has any objection to this, I was planning on writing up reviews for two series; Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ and Ichigo Mashimaro. Would this be alright?
Anata e tsunagaru daichi ni, umarete yokatta...
Splitter 2.0

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:48 pm

You can always do a review (no need to ask, even) provided that you meet three criteria:
1) You must have seen the entire series.
2) If a licensed version exists, you must have seen that one.
3) You must also have viewed the unedited version, if there is such.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kisa » Mon May 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Now that I'm back and have some time, if anyone isn't doing them could I please review Magic Knight Rayearth 1 and 2? Also maybe A Place Promised in Our Early Days?
Arigato!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Kisa wrote:Now that I'm back and have some time, if anyone isn't doing them could I please review Magic Knight Rayearth 1 and 2? Also maybe A Place Promised in Our Early Days?
Arigato!

I know The Place Promised in Our Early Days already has a review, but I don't think MKR have reviews in the anime section (both are reviewed in the manga, though). :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kisa » Mon May 14, 2007 12:20 pm

Okies awesome, I just got MKR 1 and 2 and watched so I was looking to do those especially. Place Promised in OUr Early Days was just if it was available ^^
(yea I did the manga review for MKR 1 and 2 ages ago, lol ^^ )
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Fiore teh Duck » Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 pm

If no one has submitted one, I'd like to review Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey in English) in the next few weeks, after finals! I would LOVE to spread the word on that title.
Fiore teh Duck

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 16, 2007 7:25 am

There is currently no review for that title.
uc pseudonym

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue May 22, 2007 4:10 pm

R there any Di Gi Charat reviews? I want to do one for the original series.
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 23, 2007 12:10 pm

I don't see any for any form of that series, so go ahead.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 23, 2007 6:40 pm

Could someone review Sakura Wars TV?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:25 pm

if someone could do a review on the newly released movie, Paprika, that would be MUCH appreciated.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby livxamlis » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:39 pm

has anyone done a review on an anime called Blood+ yet? i haven't seen it yet...but i heard it was pretty good...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="Red"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]
If He can accept me... I don't see why others should judge me.. I am determined to succeed for him, and him alone[/font][/SIZE][/color]
----- [color="Red"]♥♥♥♡[/color] [SIZE="4"][color="Black"]Forever in love with God[/color][/SIZE] [color="Red"]♡♥♥♥[/color] -----
livxamlis

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Blood+ is currently airing on Adult Swim, and due to our reviewing regulations it can't be reviewed until someone has seen the entire dub in a form that is definitely unedited.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Well, it is on DVD from Columbia, I think.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:54 pm

jon_jinn wrote:if someone could do a review on the newly released movie, Paprika, that would be MUCH appreciated.

I totally second your request.
ilikegir33

Postby Danderson » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:05 am

Could someone please review the anime series based on the Devil May Cry video games?....
Danderson

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:45 am

Is there an anime? I know there is a manga, released state-side by Tokyopop, but I am unaware of an anime (not that I am master of all things anime, so a simple search might prove me wrong). If the manga interests you, it struck me as equal to the games in violence but with increased sexual content (mostly dialogue).
uc pseudonym

Postby kaji » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:29 pm

Devil May Cry Anime Sorry I dont know anything about it, but thought I would throw up the link for those who were curious about its existance. From what I know of the video game (which is very little) it looks like one-in-the-same. ^_^
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks for the link, kaji; I'm now relatively informed. That anime has barely come out in Japan (two episodes have aired as of this post, out of twelve) so it cannot be reviewed, even under the most extreme exceptions. But here is a mini-review based on a grand total of one episode:

Quality - Like the games, it certainly has style (decent sound, smooth animation, good action). It also promises to have more than that: the first episode, while not great literature, had a solid plot and didn't insult the viewer's intelligence. Characterization seems good for a start and Dante is more his calmer older self than the annoying younger version. VA lists indicate that Lady and Trish will both be characters (no word about Virgil).

Content - Significant violence, somewhat large amounts of blood, a few monsters get splatter-killed. No sexual content to speak of. Obviously that could change in subsequent episodes, though it doesn't seem to from what I saw of the second (little).

All in all, kaji was right: it's like the video games.
uc pseudonym

Postby RobinSena » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:25 pm

If someone could do a review for Madlax, I'd be forever indebted to them. =)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:22 am

I'd like a review for Stellvia. I've heard that "Ashita eno Brilliant Road" that opens it and I love it. I'm wondering if the show is good too.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews