Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Puritan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:50 pm

ChurchPunk wrote:If someone could write a review for Gunslinger Girl, I'd greatly appreciate it. =)

Though I don't have the time to do so right now, I did just watch the anime, and I have to say there is very little objectionable in the thing beyond violence (pretty typical action film stuff, bullets and some blood, but nothing grotesque). If memory serves, there wasn't much in the way of language I remember either. I really enjoyed the show, it was very cute and turned out to be a really thought-provoking reflection on fatherhood, and I would highly recommend it if you are fine with action violence, guns, and some blood. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about it if you want to PM me, I just don't have the time to rewatch the whole thing right now for a thorough review.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm

I would submit a Gunslinger Girl review, however I watched the fansubs. I was denied permission because I told gypsy that the series was out in America.

Well turns out I was wrong XD When I asked her only one DVD was out, so I never got to submit a Gunslinger Girl review. Oh well *shrugs*.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:44 pm

I'd like to see a review of Trinity Blood. I've been watching it on CN. I know it's unedited, but I think you'll still say no to me doing it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Rogie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:45 pm

rocklobster wrote:I know it's unedited, but I think you'll still say no to me doing it.

You're absolutely correct.

Only reviews of unedited anime are permissible.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Gypsy wrote:R.O.D. - Gypsy (The R.O.D. OVA)

Is this review still open for authorship? I have the complete OVA collection right here.

I could also script something on the Animatrix, though I'd need to see it again for clarity.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:55 pm

I'm not entirely confident speaking for Gypsy, but because she isn't likely to see this terribly soon I'll give a preliminary answer: chances are you can write the review. There isn't a preliminary one in the database, anyway. The Animatrix also isn't taken as far as I know.
uc pseudonym

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:12 am

Uh, there is a review for the Animatrix already, uc. Geez Rogie, I thought uc was the blunt moderator around here.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:56 am

Right then, saves time for me anyway. I'll cut it to a R.O.D review.
Fish and Chips

Postby freerock1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:00 pm

rocklobster wrote:I'd like to see a review of Trinity Blood. I've been watching it on CN. I know it's unedited, but I think you'll still say no to me doing it.

Actually, be careful about that statement... Just because a show gets a TV-MA rating, even on Adult Swim, doesn't mean it's unedited. Adult Swim still does cut some things from some of their TV-MA rated shows (even though their Swim's Standards & Practices allow them to get by with more "adult" content than they used to).
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:35 pm

rocklobster wrote:Uh, there is a review for the Animatrix already, uc.

You think it's bad that I missed that? I wrote that review. But I was looking under "A" instead of "T" because apparently our review system alphabetizes indiscriminately. I'll change that title accordingly.

That would explain why I was thinking "Wait, why didn't I review that one?" yesterday.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rogie » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:49 pm

rocklobster wrote:Geez Rogie, I thought uc was the blunt moderator around here.

Sometimes brevity is a blessed virtue.

... Blunt again -- or just brief? ;)
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:36 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:You think it's bad that I missed that? I wrote that review. But I was looking under "A" instead of "T" because apparently our review system alphabetizes indiscriminately. I'll change that title accordingly.

That would explain why I was thinking "Wait, why didn't I review that one?" yesterday.

Don't feel too bad, uc. You're only human.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby faithfighter » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:09 pm

I was wondering if someone could do a review for Saiyuki Reload. It looks interesting and I'm curiouse about it

~Zooky
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:51 am

I'm on to my 2nd review. It's Otaku No Video this time.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:46 am

R.O.D critique in progress, just watching the Japanese dub for comparison.
Fish and Chips

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:50 am

I have a couple of pending reviews myself: Kanon (original) and Harukanaru TV... I just keep forgetting I have the outlines for them^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Pani Poni Dash in progress. So far it's a good show. When I'm done with the show (since it's licensed I'll have to wait until August or October) I'll put a review up.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:04 pm

COuld someone review Please Teacher and Argentosoma? I have trailers for them on my Geneshaft collection and they're the only ones not on your site. Argentosoma is the one that seems that most interesting.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:38 pm

could someone do a review for Ergo Proxy? thanks.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Momo-P » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:49 am

rocklobster wrote:COuld someone review Please Teacher

I'm seconding this one. ^^;

Also I'm probably going to be doing a review for Gakuen Alice soon. x3
Momo-P

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Could someone review Negima! or Negima?!
ilikegir33

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 pm

[quote="Momo-P"]I'm seconding this one. ^^]

Hmm... The Please Teacher review was on hold for Rev Doc to write. If he's going to be gone for a while, I might be able to get one up in the mean time.
Mithrandir

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:49 am

Is my Otaku No Video review up yet? o_O
BTW I saw Mith's Please Teacher! review up. Good job Mith! :)
ilikegir33

Postby AsianBlossom » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:57 am

Hmm...asking someone to review Pokemon is like asking them to suddenly develop superpowers and save the world: not likely and not gonna happen XD

So could someone review Di Gi Charat, please? Thank you very much.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:37 am

Well, this might sound a little odd, but although I'm still watching through it (I know it's already ended, haven't had time to finish all the eps) I'm requesting Buso Renkin. Why? Because well, looks can be decieving in this series. Definately NOT for kids and has quite an amount of skin being shown/partial GUY nudity (which is something in anime I haven't exactly seen before...) and just other "guy" humour, I'll call it. I would have reviewed this series myself, but when I do reviews, I like to sit down and start from the beginning, and jot down in Notepad all the objectional details, episode by episode. But, I've deleted all the old eps and don't have the time to go through them again. And so, this is why I'm highly suggesting and requesting that someone should do that review^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:15 pm

I'm gonna submit a Robot Carnival review.
ilikegir33

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Well, this might sound a little odd, but although I'm still watching through it (I know it's already ended, haven't had time to finish all the eps) I'm requesting Buso Renkin. Why? Because well, looks can be decieving in this series. Definately NOT for kids and has quite an amount of skin being shown/partial GUY nudity (which is something in anime I haven't exactly seen before...) and just other "guy" humour, I'll call it. I would have reviewed this series myself, but when I do reviews, I like to sit down and start from the beginning, and jot down in Notepad all the objectional details, episode by episode. But, I've deleted all the old eps and don't have the time to go through them again. And so, this is why I'm highly suggesting and requesting that someone should do that review^^

Eeeew. Seriously. Somebody do a Buso Renkin review. Anyways I submitted Robot Carnival and I'm still wondering why it's taking so long to get my Otaku No Video review up.
ilikegir33

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:03 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:Eeeew. Seriously. Somebody do a Buso Renkin review.

Turned out to be an overall good series (storyline-wise and all). But still, yeah thought it should be a suggestion for a review.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Turned out to be an overall good series (storyline-wise and all).

I meant about the guy nudity. That seemed gross.
ilikegir33

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:03 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:I'm gonna submit a Robot Carnival review.

I thought I put one up a while back...? *goes off to find it*
Mithrandir

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews