Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Such posts will be considered spam unless they are in the proper forum.

Radical Dreamer wrote:Editing posts. Good for the body, good for the soul.

I have done some editing of my own.
uc pseudonym

Postby Novi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:48 pm

Death Note

...I'm serious

Thanks
Living Proof
Novi

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:02 pm

Novi wrote:Death Note

...I'm serious

Thanks

We'll need someone to actually watch the entire series first. But anyways i would assume it follows the manga closely (at least what i've seen does) so if you want that quicker then look at that.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Yes, a Death Note review should wait until the sub is complete. But if you're just concerned about content, look at the manga review. Things are basically the same.
uc pseudonym

Postby Novi » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:19 pm

Thanks, actually I "accidentally" checked it already bedore visiting this topic again Lol.
I just thought Death Note is an great anime and it deserves an review :) But yeah, you're right, I got the picture what the series basically contains after I read the manga review :)
Living Proof
Novi

Postby Sheenar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:22 am

It's been a month since I asked about My Neighbors the Yamadas. I was wondering if a review has been done or if anyone has any comments.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 pm

The review system is currently inoperational thanks to incompatibility with the vBulletin upgrade, so things are stalled for the moment. I am completely unfamiliar with the series and no one else volunteered anything, so your best bet is probably other review sources. Wikipedia is always a good start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Neighbors_the_Yamadas
uc pseudonym

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:59 am

Can I review Photon?
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1182958) wrote:The review system is currently inoperational thanks to incompatibility with the vBulletin upgrade, so things are stalled for the moment. I am completely unfamiliar with the series and no one else volunteered anything, so your best bet is probably other review sources. Wikipedia is always a good start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Neighbors_the_Yamadas

It might be worth mentioning here that the reviews systems are back up and running.
Mithrandir

Postby ilikegir33 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:51 pm

ilikegir33 (post: 1189644) wrote:Can I review Photon?

I'm actually going to review Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. I know there's a review of the manga. I don't think there's a review of the anime.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ilikegir33 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Just submitted Pani Poni Dash and Abenobashi reviews.
ilikegir33

Postby RobinSena » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:28 am

Seeing as the system is up and running, I'd like to request a review of Le Chevalier D'Eon. =)
RobinSena

Postby Kamille » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Mithrandir (post: 1190811) wrote:It might be worth mentioning here that the reviews systems are back up and running.

Excellent. Thanks very much. I'm not sure if there are any rules about requests since I've never asked before - but I request Wolf's Rain and Fighting Spirit.

BTW - I haven't got a chance to check the reviews in a while. Sorry if these are already up.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Kamille (post: 1192862) wrote:Excellent. Thanks very much. I'm not sure if there are any rules about requests since I've never asked before - but I request Wolf's Rain and Fighting Spirit.

BTW - I haven't got a chance to check the reviews in a while. Sorry if these are already up.

mostly the rules are keep away from the DND titles XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:14 am

Could someone possibly do a review for Blue Gender? I kinda think it needs one. I had never heard of it and it looks/sounds interesting with "glowing" reviews on amazon the most part. Researched it out before buying and I'm kinda glad I didn't waste my money.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 am

Scarecrow (post: 1198444) wrote:Could someone possibly do a review for Blue Gender? I kinda think it needs one. I had never heard of it and it looks/sounds interesting with "glowing" reviews on amazon the most part. Researched it out before buying and I'm kinda glad I didn't waste my money.

Yeah don't buy it. I watched through the first episode and it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby AsianBlossom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Could someone review the Strawberry Marshmallow series? Thanks so much!
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Felix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 am

I have a question. I submitted a review for Kino's Journey some time before the review systems went down. Now that they're back up and running, do I need to resubmit my review or is it still in the database somewhere pending approval?
Felix

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 pm

We just lost access to the reviews, not any of the databases themselves. Yours is still there, though I can't approve it myself.
uc pseudonym

Postby Felix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Okay thanks ^^ That's okay, I'm not in any hurry, I just wanna know that it's there somewhere. Thanks.
Felix

Postby Chrysolite » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 pm

My sister would really appreciate a review for School Rumble. She likes what she's seen so far but she's stuck on episode 7 and she wants to buy it but she won't until she confirms that it doesn't get too nasty.

Thanks!
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color]

Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise—
why destroy yourself?

Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool—
why die before your time?

It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.

—Ecclesiastes 7:16-18
Chrysolite

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:14 pm

I had submitted a review for Gunslinger Girl about a month ago, but I've recieved no word on whether it was accepted or denied. Has it been lost in the Twilight Zone and do I need to resubmit it? What's its status?
GhostontheNet

Postby Felix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Sometimes it seems to take quite some time for a review to get approved, since I'm sure the mods in charge of doing that are quite busy with managing other things on the site. My review was submitted 4 or 5 months ago ^^; and mine is still pending approval, so I'm sure that yours is still in the database, waiting in line, heh.
Felix

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:19 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1208956) wrote:I had submitted a review for Gunslinger Girl about a month ago, but I've received no word on whether it was accepted or denied. Has it been lost in the Twilight Zone and do I need to resubmit it? What's its status?

[quote="Felix (post: 1208980)"]Sometimes it seems to take quite some time for a review to get approved, since I'm sure the mods in charge of doing that are quite busy with managing other things on the site. My review was submitted 4 or 5 months ago ^^]

Just so both of you know, I'll be working to get these two reviews approved this weekend. I hope to have them up by Sunday at the latest, but hopefully I'll be able to do them tomorrow or even later today, if time allows. Thanks for your patience!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:53 pm

My review for Otaku no Video was sent about eight months ago. It's still pending, is it?
ilikegir33

Postby Felix » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Corrie wrote:Just so both of you know, I'll be working to get these two reviews approved this weekend. I hope to have them up by Sunday at the latest, but hopefully I'll be able to do them tomorrow or even later today, if time allows. Thanks for your patience!

If you get the chance that would be lovely, but don't push yourself. ^^; I hope I didn't make you feel pressured. If you do get it up though, thanks!
Felix

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:00 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:My review for Otaku no Video was sent about eight months ago. It's still pending, is it?

Yes. If something doesn't get approved in a few months, that generally means that no one on staff has seen the series. In these cases it can be a while, so please be patient.
uc pseudonym

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:17 am

I would like to review Claymore and Black Lagoon. I have a couple years' experience with writing reviews, and I can get finalized version to you guys pretty soon. Is that all right?
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:04 pm

You don't need to claim reviews - just write them if you're able. If you review Claymore I'll approve it, but I'm only familiar with the manga for Black Lagoon.
uc pseudonym

Postby AsianBlossom » Sun May 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Can someone review the One Piece movies (preferably the 8th one that just came out recently)? I'd appreciate it, thanks.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews