Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:45 pm

Can someone do a review for Ninja Nonsense (2x2=Shinobuden)?
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 pm

could i make a request for a review of the anime, BECK? thanks.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:06 pm

Can someone review Tekkonkinkreet?
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby EKmisao » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:02 am

I think I made one for BECK some time ago, but I'm not sure if it was accepted. ^^;; No rush; I know you guys are busy.
The bluest sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.
-- Gentatsu (RK movie)
EKmisao

Postby rurouninaruto » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:44 pm

some1 PLEASE POST A REVIEW 4 EUREKA 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rurouninaruto

Postby ilikegir33 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:08 pm

Would a review for Öban Star Racers be acceptable even though it's a Japanese-French co-production? I just wanted to ask.
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:34 pm

I don't think we have an established policy in that regard. Was it originally aired in Japanese?
uc pseudonym

Postby ilikegir33 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:05 pm

It was originally aired in both Japanese and French.
Well there was a review for Interstella: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (or Interstella 5555) which was a Japanese-French co-production.
ilikegir33

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:09 pm

I think that should be okay, then. Review away.
uc pseudonym

Postby Danderson » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:33 am

Can I request a review for the anime Megaman NT Warrior (A.K.A. Rockman EXE)?....I'm trying to figure out why not many has spoken of this series yet, but it appears to be a good show from the amvs I've seen...or was it just not good quality or story or something?....
Danderson

Postby ADXC » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Well, NT Warrior came on the WB(Which is now the CW) a while back. But you've got to remember not many people watched it and/or even knew about it. I thought it was a good series although I wasn't ever able to see every episode it still was a pretty cool show.
ADXC

Postby RobinSena » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Seeing as the last volume has just been released, I'd like to request a review for Ergo Proxy. =)
RobinSena

Postby Novi » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Kanon 2006

...otherwise I AM gonna review it

(kiddin')
Living Proof
Novi

Postby Sheenar » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:04 pm

I really wish there had been a review of Blue Gender somewhere when I was considering buying it (I had never seen it, but I thought it might be good, so I bought it). I could have avoided the whole thing.
The storyline is ok --but I did not know beforehand that there would be that much violence and sexual content in the anime. I was really surprised (and not pleasantly...)
So now I'm going to try to sell it back to Hastings...I really don't ever want to watch it again. It was just too much bad content.

I wonder if someone could put together a list of anime with offensive/vulgar content so someone as inexperienced in the anime world as I am can avoid seeing unexpected "surprises"? :wow!:

I also don't really know anime lingo very well. So, how do I know (by the Japanese word it's called) if an anime is ok to watch or not?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:45 pm

While not as in depth as our review system, typically you can get a fairly good idea of the content of series from other sites (typing the name in a search engine is usually enough to get you a few). Putting together a list would be impractical, because there are almost endless series that would be considered offensive. But if you want to ask about a specific anime you are consider, this is the place to do it.

As far as the Japanese words, what are they? There are obviously a few, but I've never encountered much of a system for ratings.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:54 pm

While I don't always agree with their reviews, this site is decent when it comes to getting a general idea of content of specific series.

I also don't really know anime lingo very well. So, how do I know (by the Japanese word it's called) if an anime is ok to watch or not?

That's rather vague. Could you be more specific?
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Elycien » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Hm, I'd appreciate reviews of Eureka 7 and Lucky Star, as those are two of the series we're considering watching in my school's anime club. ^^

ImageImageImageImageImage
My dragons ^^ Please click!
Elycien

Postby RobinSena » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:55 am

Sheenar wrote:I also don't really know anime lingo very well. So, how do I know (by the Japanese word it's called) if an anime is ok to watch or not?
If I'm reading your question correctly, then this page should help you out..

http://www.christiananime.net/faq.php?faq=caa_info#faq_terms
RobinSena

Postby Sheenar » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:53 pm

Thank you. That helps.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:45 pm

Sheenar wrote:I really wish there had been a review of Blue Gender somewhere when I was considering buying it (I had never seen it, but I thought it might be good, so I bought it). I could have avoided the whole thing.
The storyline is ok --but I did not know beforehand that there would be that much violence and sexual content in the anime. I was really surprised (and not pleasantly...)

I was surprised too. I mean, the thinpack is rated TV-PG by Funimation, which is surprising. I second the request.
ilikegir33

Postby EKmisao » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:29 am

So, how do I know (by the Japanese word it's called) if an anime is ok to watch or not?

I get it now.

In general you will want to avoid anything that has the following words attached to it or its reputation: hentai (and ecchi); yaoi and yuri; shotacon and lolicon . They are defined at the FAQ page.

EK 8 )
The bluest sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.
-- Gentatsu (RK movie)
EKmisao

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:45 pm

Could someone please review Black Cat, Disgaea, and Wolf's Rain (anime, not manga)? I read some reviews on THEManime, but I would like a Christian perspective on these.
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:25 pm

I planned on writing a Black Cat review, but I never got around to doing so.

It's been so long since I've seen it, though.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Aleolus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:41 pm

Has anyone done a review of Mouse yet? If not, I could try submitting one, though it would probably be far from glowing. It's not a very Christian series, lots of T&A.
"Please stand down, I don't want meaningless bloodshed!" chaos-Xenosaga

"Who are you?"
"If I knew that, I wouldn't be suffering." - Hakuro, Utawarerumono

"Dirty thoughts are bad!" Mahoro, Mahoromatic

Help my dragons to grow, please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Aleolus

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:40 pm

I do not believe there has been a review yet. However, it is important to note that a review may do more to draw attention to the series than warn people of it. I'll see if I can find the series and get back to you about classification.
uc pseudonym

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Hana Ryuuzaki wrote:Could someone please review Black Cat, Disgaea, and Wolf's Rain (anime, not manga)? I read some reviews on THEManime, but I would like a Christian perspective on these.

I can write a review on the Wolf's Rain anime. I own the entire series and I'm going to rewatch it soon anyway. It may take me a while, but that's only because I want to make sure I don't miss anything.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Sheenar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:10 pm

Has anyone done a review of My Neighbors the Yamadas (sp?) by Myazaki?
It's the one that is very cartoonish-looking. I haven't seen it yet, but I saw it at Hastings and am considering watching it. But I am cautious after my last "never-heard-anything-about-it-looks-good" anime experience (aka: Blue Gender--that is something I wish I'd never seen --it was like, "Oh, hello there. I didn't expect that to happen."

So is MNtY good content-wise? (No sex or excessively violent violence?)

Sheenar

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:06 pm

shadowhawk316 wrote:hey how about naruto

shadowhawk316 wrote:i am just not sure if it is ok for a christian to watch

shadowhawk316 wrote:is it just to openly demonic or is it ok to watch

I've never seen Naruto and therefore cannot answer your question, but I would like to suggest that, the next time you decide you have more to say after posting, use the "Edit Post" feature, rather than making three separate posts back to back. Just keeps things cleaner. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:09 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I've never seen Naruto and therefore cannot answer your question, but I would like to suggest that, the next time you decide you have more to say after posting, use the "Edit Post" feature, rather than making three separate posts back to back. Just keeps things cleaner. XD

This is a good suggestion. It has been enforced.

As far as the question, my general response would be to say "No." Some translations may call a number of monsters demons, but they do not have a spiritual element.
uc pseudonym

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:...but I would like to suggest that, the next time you decide you have more to say after posting, use the "Edit Post" feature, rather than making three separate posts back to back. Just keeps things cleaner. XD

Editing posts. Good for the body, good for the soul.

shadowhawk316 wrote:hey so check out my vids on youtube

shadowhawk316 wrote::?:hello?!?

This thread is not about Youtube videos; it's about anime review requests. If you want people to see your videos, add a link to them in your signature. Additionally, people do not generally respond within one or two minutes of your posted message. Just because a few minutes (or a few days) go by without someone noticing your question doesn't mean you need to needlessly bump the thread to get noticed.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews