Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Can I review

Postby Chapel » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:29 am

Can I review Vandread I own the series I've seen it in both Jap and English and have watched it like 9 times all the way through.

-chapel-
Chapel

Postby inkjet1987 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:38 am

I'd like to see a review of Akira, or any of the Samurai X.
inkjet1987

Postby Gypsy » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:32 pm

Turbocat wrote:There's a review of Jubei-Chan I wrote a while back...it's in the archive. :)

Leave it to you to sneak up on us like that! ;) it's nice to see you on the boards! I had totally forgotten about that review you wrote - which is silly, since I bought my set *because* of your review. I'll dig it out of archives and put it in the database. Thanks for reminding me, Turbo!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Michael » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:53 pm

Is there a Macross/Robotech review?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:54 pm

Volt Is curent
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby inkjet1987 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:32 pm

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a Witch Hunter Robin review. I just saw the commercial for it on CN. Looks awsome!
inkjet1987

Postby kirakira » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:42 pm

Is there review of Noir? I looked and didn't see one, but I'm liable to not see something I'm looking for. ^^
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby ZiP » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:52 pm

Can I make one?
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby wiggins » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:27 pm

Full Metal Panic
Reflection
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:48 pm

I've noticed two requests for Witch Hunter Robin. Can we do a review on that, since all the DVD's are not out yet, at least not in America? ^_^ I own three that have been released and will eventually get the rest. It's a very interesting show.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Gypsy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:14 pm

wiggins wrote:Full Metal Panic
Reflection

You're in luck! There's already a review for FMP. http://www.christiananime.net/forums/reviews.php?display=55
Gypsy

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:45 pm

I'm not do
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:38 pm

I'm wondering when my review for "Onegai Teacher" is going to be up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:00 pm

Hey could someone post reviews of RahXephron, Da Capo, Nadeisco, Haibane Renmei, and Ai Yori Aoshi ? I wouldn't mind seieng these series.
Hitokiri

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:44 pm

The nadesico review has been up for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:52 pm

Gypsy, if you'd like me to review Rahxephon, Ai Yori Aoshi, Nadeisco, or Haibane Renmai, I will. I own all of these and I've seen the entire series of the ones mentioned. Just let me know, and I'll get to work on it. In fact, I'll post my updated anime list in the anime section, and then you tell me what you would like me to review. It would be kind of fun. ^_^

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby shooraijin » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:03 pm

I think Gypsy wants Nadesico herself tho' ^^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:56 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote:Gypsy, if you'd like me to review Rahxephon, Ai Yori Aoshi, Nadeisco, or Haibane Renmai, I will. I own all of these and I've seen the entire series of the ones mentioned. Just let me know, and I'll get to work on it. In fact, I'll post my updated anime list in the anime section, and then you tell me what you would like me to review. It would be kind of fun. ^_^

Hey thanks! Although, you're in luck, no Nadesico review is needed. We've decided that Nadesico is one of those titles that it's just best not to talk about, so it's going on the "Do Not Discuss" list. No, not really, but you still don't have to worry about a Nadesico review, because that was one of the first ones I wrote. ]before[/i] they request it. Hmmm. *goes into deep thought*

Oh, and Bob, I'm sorry that I've yet to put your review in. I haven't touched the database for about a week now, and I still haven't sorted through all the reviews submitted to me. If I seem to have forgotten something, a PM is going to nab my attention a lot quicker than a random post. And no worries about possibly bothering me, since the reviews section is sort of my job around here. Just throw something at my head every once in a while, and I'll eventually get it done. Sorry about dragging my feet, everyone. :brow:
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:02 pm

could we get more reveiws for anime that's not rated for nudity/ sexual content?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:10 pm

Yes... but a review is far less necessary if an anime has very little objectionable. There's nothing to really warn about, and our system is created for the purpose of warning. If I see any inoffensive I'll review it for you.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:24 pm

kirakira wrote:Is there review of Noir? I looked and didn't see one, but I'm liable to not see something I'm looking for. ^^

Yepper, it's there. That's the reason I just bought the first dvd.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Hey could someone post reviews of RahXephon, Da Capo, Nadeisco, Haibane Renmei, and Ai Yori Aoshi ? I wouldn't mind seieng these series.

OH! YES!!! Rahxephon! I second that request. And who ever does it will recieve--- um, a bronzed baby shoe mounted on pine wood. Somebody just PMed me a bunch of them and they don't taste very good so I'm offering one of them them to the wonderful person who reviews RahXephon.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:49 pm

Yes... but a review is far less necessary if an anime has very little objectionable. There's nothing to really warn about, and our system is created for the purpose of warning. If I see any inoffensive I'll review it for you.
not entirely true. reviews also serve another purpose: letting people know if they'd be intersted in a particaular anime, not just warnings. (at least that's how its been in my case)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:13 pm

We've decided that Nadesico is one of those titles that it's just best not to talk about, so it's going on the "Do Not Discuss" list. No, not really, but you still don't have to worry about a Nadesico review, because that was one of the first ones I wrote.

Haha, Gypsy, wasn't April Fool's Day yesterday?:eyebrow: :lol: I'm glad Nadesico was reviewed already. That's a long series.:forehead: And, I'm glad you know how to spell it, obviously I don't. *hehe*

OH! YES!!! Rahxephon! I second that request. And who ever does it will revieve--- um, a bronzed baby shoe mounted on pine wood.

Ooo, I think I'll skip the bronze baby shoe, but will definitely review Raxhephon first.;)

I'll go ahead and review Ai Yori Aoshi second and finally Haibane Renmai, unless Haibane Shadsie would rather review that. I'll have to ask her. Oh, and Ruroken, Haibane Renmai sounds like a definite title you might want to try out, if you want an anime with absolutely no, or minimal nudity, violence or language.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Gypsy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:21 pm

Ruroken wrote:not entirely true. reviews also serve another purpose: letting people know if they'd be intersted in a particaular anime, not just warnings. (at least that's how its been in my case)

If only it were that simple. You see, when we write reviews, no matter how innocent the show it is, 90% of the time there's at least one instance that someone, somewhere may take offense to. (Snow Fairy Sugar and Chance Pop Session, for example) When we list all the objectional material, we're not necessarily complaining about it, but just covering all the bases.

There are very few anime series that I know of that have zero possible objectional content. However, we have included other things into the reviews besides the "warnings". I think you'll probably find the genre types most helpful. The review database is meant to be a tool to help people find anime to their liking - not scare them away from everything.
Gypsy

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:38 pm

Well put, gypper! I was trying to figure out a precise way to put it. We're not trying to nit pick, but we ARE accountable to all of you for our reviews. I would add that we're also trying to be brutaly honest, and not glaze over somethings; we feel strongly that this helps our member who are struggling with certain temptations avoid those areas that might not be healthy for you. If an area of anime is not offensive to you, or if you are not going to be tempted by that rating area, then by all means ignore it when you go looking for anime to watch.
Mithrandir

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:23 pm

I have a request.....

It's called Chrno Crusade...I'm not sure if anyone can make a review on it, since it's only airing in Japan(currently, at least) I just saw a little snipit about it in Newtype, and I was wondering if anyone had any other information on this anime....

Thank you.
Ren_sama

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:04 pm

Ren_sama wrote:I have a request.....

It's called Chrno Crusade...I'm not sure if anyone can make a review on it, since it's only airing in Japan(currently, at least) I just saw a little snipit about it in Newtype, and I was wondering if anyone had any other information on this anime....

Thank you.

Never heard of it. What's it about?

Mangafanatic

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:46 pm

Chrno Crusade can no longer be downloaded on Bittorrent, is what I've heard from my source - my son - and so I don't think it will be available for review for awhile. I've heard also, from my source - my son - that it was bought by ADV, so when it does come out I'm sure an excellent version will be available for review. I hope that helps.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:29 pm

Thank you~! ^_^ *waits for it to come out on DVD* ^___^

From what i know, Chrno is a boy/demon who's friends(?) with a nun...and they kinda like each other(?) that's all i know....which isn't that much....O_o''
Ren_sama

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews