Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby shooraijin » Sat May 15, 2004 4:00 pm

> do we write manga reviews

Not yet, although having some written to populate a planned database would probably be helpful. ;)

AFAIK, this is probably the next step.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby {Daj} » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:52 pm

Neon Genesis Evangellion (That would be interesting) I love that series.
{Daj}

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:54 pm

Would we do a NGE review? I mean, I know it's off limits in a conversational sense, but what about a review-- not that it matters to me, since I've never seen even a episode of this show.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Straylight wrote one of our very first ones on NGE. It can be found here:
http://www.christiananime.net/archive/index.php/t-68

Why it's not in the database yet, I don't know but we're working on it. ^^
Ashley

Postby Mr_Anderson » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:45 pm

Anzumanga Daioh

yes, the anime has ended but the manga is still going. (aka-chan wrote a review on Shaman King already.)
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:15 am

Mr_Anderson wrote:Anzumanga Daioh

yes, the anime has ended but the manga is still going. (aka-chan wrote a review on Shaman King already.)

Actually, the anime is still making it's region 1 distribution with only 2 volumes out so far. The manga is now completely out as it is only 4 volumes long.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Mr_Anderson » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:36 am

The japanese one is done though.. right?
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:08 am

Mr_Anderson wrote:The japanese one is done though.. right?

Yes, the anime Azumanga Diaoh has finished in Japan with 26 episodes and a short 5 minute movie which summerizes the entire series. I will try to get a review written up in the next day or so on this title unless someone else is already working on it.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:38 am

No, I think it's all you there, sir. I'll look for it and pass it through when I see it. :thumb:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rev. Doc » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:58 am

shooraijin wrote:No, I think it's all you there, sir. I'll look for it and pass it through when I see it. :thumb:

Okie Dokie. Sent two reviews. Grrl Power and Azumanga Diaoh so I'm sure both will be up soon.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby iamneo19 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:08 pm

I would very much like reviews on the Animatrix (possibly the Matrix movies as well, even thought they aren't anime themselves, but rather influenced by them), Trigun, Rorouni Kenshin, and last and CERTAINLY not least...the Arc the Lad series. Very good story and character development, tied with gameplay, of course. Very interesting series, as well as powerful.

"A foolish man thinks himself wise...
But a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Anonymous
iamneo19

Postby shooraijin » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:54 pm

Some of these are actually already in there.

shooraijin

Postby Zane » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:33 am

Zane

Postby Master Kenzo » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:27 am

I'd like to see a review of Last Exile...if it's not too much trouble...
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:46 pm

> Metropolis based on Osama Tasukas work

I saw this for rent at the local Blockbuster, so I might spin it and write up something.

shooraijin

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:00 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:G Gundam

GE!!!..*remembers what he told Gypsy-sama*..I better get on that :grin:
Solid Ronin

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:30 am

Master Kenzo wrote:I'd like to see a review of Last Exile...if it's not too much trouble...

Me second that request.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:05 pm

Ya Last Exile is awesome. Has anyone requested a review for DNAngel?

Edit: and Vampire Princess Miyu
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:57 pm

IS DNAngel even been released in English yet? I didn't think it had.

Mangafanatic

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:47 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:IS DNAngel even been released in English yet? I didn't think it had.

No it hasn't :mutter: :mutter: :mutter: believe me I check like 3 times a week, lol. I've seen most of the series but it was sort of in pieces and out of order... so I don't know if I would be qualified to write a review. If anyone wants to know about it just PM me, otherwise I'll try to dust off the cobwebs of my brain and see if I remember enough to write a review.

I know there are tons of people who have seen Last Exile on here, hopefully one of them will volunteer to write something. :grin:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:06 am

But DNAngel has been licensed right? By funimation or something.

Mangafanatic

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:25 am

Mangafanatic wrote:But DNAngel has been licensed right? By funimation or something.

DNAngel has been licensed by ADV Films. This was announced almost a year ago but no release date has been set to my knowledge.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:39 pm

*sigh* well I've watched all of it now *blush* I didn't know it was licensed. I'd write a review, but I don't think it would be very good and I suck at writing.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Lunis » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:32 am

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this. I would like to read a Naruto review, even though it isn't finished. (I couldn't find it. Did I miss it, or is it truly not there?)
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:48 am

In all likelyhood it is simply not there. I suppose I could work on this eventually, but there are probably members of CAA who have already seen the entire series and could provide one more swiftly.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:47 am

can i write one on Naruto? ive seen all current episodes and read the manga to its current chapter
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:45 pm

I would suggest that you wait until the 100th episode has been created and viewed. Then you could state it was a review for episodes 1-100. Otherwise, yes, I believe you could. It would have to be approved, of course.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kisa » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:49 pm

WOW! DNAngel is liscensed?!?!?!?!?! Please tell us when they have a release date! I so want this! I love the manga ^^

Also could someone do reviews on these animes:
Vandread, Angel Tales, Witch Hunter Robin, Fushigi Yugi (I know this isnt a very good one but it would be nice to have a Christian review out there to show people)

Thanks ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:37 pm

oh! episode 100! that's ONE MORE AWAY!!!!! yippie!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Wow, I had no idea Naruto was so long!!

Mangafanatic

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews