Check this out,A Possible Christian Anime in the Future.

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Check this out,A Possible Christian Anime in the Future.

Postby CAAOutkast » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:26 pm

This is Old News,But Interesting News. Check it Out.

http://www.brethren-et.com/BESite3/newspress/?p=18
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Danderson » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 am

Man, I really hope and pray they'll still go through with that....even if it is more of a kids anime....
Danderson

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:12 pm

Light Rangers?Sounds from the title a bit like Power Rangers but we will see.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:17 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Light Rangers?Sounds from the title a bit like Power Rangers but we will see.

Because Power Ranger so isn't Japanese. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nia-chan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:45 pm

There is no plot yet?
Don't make me hit you with my pocketbook :angel:
Nia-chan

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:21 pm

Hey all, glad to see the news somehow ended up here. As a member of Brethren (and one of the artists for Light Rangers--Inkhana and Calbalch were artists too), I can say a little bit about the matter.

1. Yes, the anime is well in production and yes, it is by an actual Japanese anime studio (StudioGX, as stated in the news release). I don't want to hype it too much before actual completion, but know that we're pretty excited about this. ^^

2. No, it has nothing to do with Power Rangers save for the word "Rangers" and maybe having 3 of the color schemes from 5--then again, it's unfair that Power Rangers already took the primary colors. XD Ah, and maybe a henshin sequence--but who doesn't have a henshin sequence these days?

You can check out the official website for the game at http://light-rangers.com

The anime DVD would be slightly different from the game plot (many in some instances) but hopefully fun enough for even those outside the intended audience to enjoy. Most likely if you like Digimon and such, the LR anime would suit your tastes. ^^
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby creed4 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:35 am

I pray it does well
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Im really eager about this anime. I don't care if it might come out to be some children anime, Im going to watch it!

Also note that Light in the title might insinuate that the rangers fight for the Lord against the evil forces of darkness that come from Satan. I don't now if thats the case, but it could happen.

Anyway has anybody here seen Bibleman, its not anime but I like the show. Its for kids 9-12 mind you, but I like to watch it. You can watch it on channel TBN on saturdays at 1:00 pm EST.
ADXC

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:44 pm

animedude90 wrote:Also note that Light in the title might insinuate that the rangers fight for the Lord against the evil forces of darkness that come from Satan. I don't now if thats the case, but it could happen.

Exactly as you said, animedude. ^^ There's not really many other ways to interpret "light" in context to a Christian show. :brow:

I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the anime, and do feel free to ask anything about it. ^^
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.

Psycho Ann

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:59 am

Wow! You're getting it turned into an anime?

Maybe after this, we could see Psychoteers?

Just a thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Psycho Ann » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Hah! XD If that ever happens, Psychoteers isn't the series I want to get turned into anime anyway. (coughPaladin!cough) :grin:

But know that if LR does even somewhat well (it doesn't have to be a super mega hit or anything close to that), it will open up the doors for more Christian anime productions since investors will see that this medium wouldn't be a total waste of money. And, it's not a huge stretch to say that licensing might even happen to the online Christian manga around here--but don't hold your breath on it. XD

It's definitely going to be a shaky start like the start of Christian pro published "manga" here (argh, I cringe at the thought), but it's a start regardless! So please keep supporting us, and any other company that seriously considers this medium.

Support doesn't mean you have to say only positive things and praises regardless of quality. In fact, honest feedback is the best thing you can do to support; if something is totally off then please say it or it'll probably never be fixed. Ignoring an effort is probably the quickest way to kill it completely.

... Buuuuut I'm getting ahead of myself. While the LR anime is already in production phase, it'll be a while before it's ready to be released. Keep it in your prayers!

Psycho Ann

Postby Ingemar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:51 pm

I'm excited for the lot of you.

I pray that it not only sells OK, but is a super financial success. Because I believe if you do a Godly work, you'll be rewarded a hundredfold.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Dai-go » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:39 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:Hah! XD If that ever happens, Psychoteers isn't the series I want to get turned into anime anyway. (coughPaladin!cough) :grin:

But know that if LR does even somewhat well (it doesn't have to be a super mega hit or anything close to that), it will open up the doors for more Christian anime productions since investors will see that this medium wouldn't be a total waste of money. And, it's not a huge stretch to say that licensing might even happen to the online Christian manga around here--but don't hold your breath on it. XD

It's definitely going to be a shaky start like the start of Christian pro published "manga" here (argh, I cringe at the thought), but it's a start regardless! So please keep supporting us, and any other company that seriously considers this medium.

Support doesn't mean you have to say only positive things and praises regardless of quality. In fact, honest feedback is the best thing you can do to support; if something is totally off then please say it or it'll probably never be fixed. Ignoring an effort is probably the quickest way to kill it completely.

... Buuuuut I'm getting ahead of myself. While the LR anime is already in production phase, it'll be a while before it's ready to be released. Keep it in your prayers!

:P This I'd buy. I'd so buy this! XD
Anyways, I agree, a move like this'll definitely open the door for Christian anime. It's already been opened with Superbook and Angel Wars.
It's pretty much like Christian rock when it got started. :thumb:
Dai-go

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:11 am

Thanks all! XD (Boy do I pray the same, Ingemar. XD)

A bit of an update: the production is going very well and maybe it'll be available even before the end of the year (pray that it does!). There's also going to be some content online for you guys to check out, in a month or so. (Are we going to leak a trailer? Need to wait to find out...)

Some trivia: We're doing this the "Japanese" way, btw. Which means the animations get done first before setting voice and sfx to it. ^^ *scraping for every bit of authenticity manageable*

Psycho Ann

Postby Puguni » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:54 am

I'm highly amused by the villians' names and can just imagine characters yelling, "Your days are numbered, Dr. Nono!"
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 am

Wow this looks WAY better then zondervans manga titles! I plan on buying this when it comes out! especially since I like digimon... It looks lik a fun title even if it is kiddy!

Also I guess Steelblood won't be released anytime soon since Inkhana is working on this project... T_T sad! I really wanted to see it in print and continue the storyline!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 pm

I thought there was another thread about this, but after several days I still can't find it (read: have been too lazy to find it), so this will do.

Obviously, Light Rangers isn't targeted to me so I can't expect to enjoy it immensely. I still wish it the best, of course. Hopefully it will be the type of thing I can recommend to children, at least, though I suppose my younger relatives are growing up rather quickly...

It hadn't occurred to me that the Christian animated medium would be separate from the graphic novel field. That is an encouraging thought, and there aren't many of those these days.
uc pseudonym

Postby Psycho Ann » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:39 pm

Steelblood: Inky is working on it and so even if you'll have to wait, I'm sure it'll come back even better than ever! XD

Dr. Nono is my favorite villain of the bunch, no small part due to the talented Mr. Roger L. Jackson who also voices my favorite villain in Cartoon Network's whole line up: Mojo Jojo. XD

Well, UC, I'm sure that one day the two fields will merge/collide in some way or another... but hopefully that happens when both have matured and settled enough to work out the biggest kinks.

I'm just really, really, really, holding up for a professional Christian manga/anime for an age group above 12 -_-;;;

Psycho Ann

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:53 am

UC- I posted about this anime in a thread concerning Christian anime, that's probably where you saw it.

WOW Psycho Ann, I DIDNT KNOW YOU DID SOME ARE FOR THIS!

Wow... I actually KINDA know know a famous person from an online forum.. :GLEE: XD

Anyways, I am so excited about this anime, I hope it will open new doors for those of us interested in this field.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Okami » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:21 am

Aw, this is so cute! <3

*loves on AJ's design*
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby creed4 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:30 am

Are you going to release this in Japan or here frist
creed4

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:59 am

Kit-chan: Gyahaha, there are a few people on this forum that are actively in this field furthering His kingdom so I'm not the only one here. XD I don't know about "famous" though ^^;;;

Okami: I have to confess he's the hardest to draw due to his hair--spiky hair and headbands are curiously hard to get right...

creed4: This is for release in the US. I'm not sure on plans to get it released in Japan, but it doesn't sound like something impossible. Might have to check with the higher-ups on this.

Psycho Ann

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 am

I Know It's Kinda Early to say this,but I hope they hire Professional Christian VA's like Steve Blum and JYB for the dub instead of using Amatures.

BTW,Psycho Ann I Love your work,Keep it up.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby That Dude » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:48 am

That's pretty awesome. I'm excited to hear about this.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kamille » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:13 pm

Praise the Lord. I'll be sure to buy this when it comes out (I'm also praying that it comes out soon), even though I don't like kiddy stuff. I just want to support what you're doing.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby creed4 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Christisright wrote:I Know It's Kinda Early to say this,but I hope they hire Professional Christian VA's like Steve Blum and JYB for the dub instead of using Amatures.

BTW,Psycho Ann I Love your work,Keep it up.

Mic Macviger(sp) I apology sincerely for the spelling, He is a Christian, I was shocked to find out he was leading Worship at first Baptist Houston,
creed4

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Cool. I hope this does well and I pray that a lot of people get a chance to see it. It's probably too early to tell, but will this air T.V.?
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Psycho Ann » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:57 pm

VAs: We're definitely going with pro VAs, but not necessarily Christian ones. I will bring up Steve Blum and other Christian VAs to the higher ups for you guys. ^^

As for airing on TV, I don't believe there's a solid plan for this (I might be wrong), but with enough support it's definitely something we're considering. It truly is too early to tell yet. XD Just keep us in your prayers!

Psycho Ann

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:17 pm

Do you guys or brethren have any ideas for animes to come out after this one? I think inkhanas game plan would make an awesome anime!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Some question answering as the higher up got back to me:

Japan release: It may. It would have to go through a review to see if it's "too Christian"--if it isn't, it might be considered. As for what "too Christian" means, that would probably be up to the people reviewing (apparently a general manager from Manga Entertainment).

Christian VAs
: What may be done is having the Christian VAs guest star. Since the main chars have stereotypical voices and what's left are the bad guys. So hey, you might hear Steve Blum and others in upcoming episodes!

Airing on TV
: If the DVD sells enough, then maybe. Even then, TV stations would need a minimum of 13 episodes with a preference of 24 episodes. That's... a whole lot of money upfront (six digit numbers). ^^;; So even if a studio picks it up, the problem would still be actually having the money to make the rest of the episodes for them. Definitely too early to tell if it's feasible or not.

Other anime after LR: Yes, but baby steps. If the fan base grows and it proves to be a good market, then we can commit and do more as revenues build. Viral marketing and spreading the word will be super helpful in this. We do need the whole communities' help. XD

And hopefully that's all the major questions asked. As you can see, it's no easy business and we're definitely on a shoe-string budget (aaa, the pains of being the first into unknown waters). Prayer and support, please! XD

Psycho Ann

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews