Check this out,A Possible Christian Anime in the Future.

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Tommy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:44 pm

Blow Superbook out of the water for me!
=D
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby CAAOutkast » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:33 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:Some question answering as the higher up got back to me:

Japan release: It may. It would have to go through a review to see if it's "too Christian"--if it isn't, it might be considered. As for what "too Christian" means, that would probably be up to the people reviewing (apparently a general manager from Manga Entertainment).

Christian VAs
: What may be done is having the Christian VAs guest star. Since the main chars have stereotypical voices and what's left are the bad guys. So hey, you might hear Steve Blum and others in upcoming episodes!

Airing on TV
: If the DVD sells enough, then maybe. Even then, TV stations would need a minimum of 13 episodes with a preference of 24 episodes. That's... a whole lot of money upfront (six digit numbers). ^^;; So even if a studio picks it up, the problem would still be actually having the money to make the rest of the episodes for them. Definitely too early to tell if it's feasible or not.

Other anime after LR: Yes, but baby steps. If the fan base grows and it proves to be a good market, then we can commit and do more as revenues build. Viral marketing and spreading the word will be super helpful in this. We do need the whole communities' help. XD

And hopefully that's all the major questions asked. As you can see, it's no easy business and we're definitely on a shoe-string budget (aaa, the pains of being the first into unknown waters). Prayer and support, please! XD

Whoa! thanks for the insight,Ann.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Psycho Ann » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:20 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Blow Superbook out of the water for me!
=D

We will sure try to! :thumb:

I'm starting to think it would be easier just to convert Japanese producers over there. XD (Hey, it would!) Anyway, just let me know if there are any other questions or whatever.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:17 am

Thanks for the updates, Psycho Ann! ANd i was only slightly kidding about gushin earlier, I know there are a lot of artists on CAA that are doing great things! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby creed4 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:59 am

Can't wait to see it
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:52 am

Lord Father, glory unto your name! The seed is growing by your power and by your will! Let it mature and LET IT ROCK!

It amazes me how fast Christian manga and anime is coming into fruition... and this degree I'm working on to get into it is taking so arduously long. The door is opening, and I am incredibly happy.

And I guess I'm back.
Lochaber Axe

Postby CAAOutkast » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:33 am

Man,I can't wait for this thing to be Televised. Not only that I can't wait to See[hear]who plays who.
CAAOutkast

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:36 pm

Heres who I would like to See {hear} in this anime:

Steve Blum/David Lucus
Vic Mignogna
Johnny Yong Bosch{did I spell that right?}
Caitlin Glass
Jodi Benson
Wendee Lee{maybe}
Beau Billingslea aka Jet Black of Cowboy Bebop{maybe}
Barbra Goodson
Dave Mallow
Kyle Hebert
Julie Maddalena (aka: Julie Kliewer)
Mona Marshall
and/or
Melissa Fhan aka Rika of Digimon and Edward of Cowboy Bebop{maybe}
CAAOutkast

Postby ADXC » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:35 pm

Hey you know what? I got a picture with Kyle Hebert at the last con I went to.

But yeah, those sound like good voices, but getting them to do it would take alot of money.
ADXC

Postby Sohma » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:34 pm

That sounds great! Guess for for a young audiance but if it's cute enough i'd watch it! ^.^ I'll be praying about this. (=
[SIZE="6"]ily.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Genesis 27:4
"When you prepare the tasty food that I love, bring it to me, and I will eat. Then I will bless you before I die."[/SIZE]
Sohma

Postby CAAOutkast » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:11 pm

It Does sound interesting to say the very least. I can't wait.
CAAOutkast

Postby Sheenar » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:34 pm

The story on the game page reminds me a lot of Bibleman (we watched a lot of Bibleman this summer at camp --he even came to visit! The kids loved it!) I'm so glad that a positive, Biblical message is getting out! Praise God!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ADXC » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:57 pm

Yeah, Ive watched Bibleman a little as well and I think its great show for kids who are new in Christ. And also those who are considering as well. I like the show as well.
ADXC

Postby CAAOutkast » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:29 pm

animedude90 wrote:Yeah, Ive watched Bibleman a little as well and I think its great show for kids who are new in Christ. And also those who are considering as well. I like the show as well.

I've seen it too,It's good. It's kinda campy though..kinda reminds me of the Adam West Batman Show from the 60's. Willie Aames,the first Bibleman, was also the narrator of Bugtime Adventures{the 2nd christian show he was involved in}.
CAAOutkast

...I'm new

Postby SpreadYourWings » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 pm

[font="Arial"][SIZE="3"]I'll pray for you all the way!... I'm sure this anime production will be a great success...

I'm a little new this website... But I'm a huge fan of anime... I am currently writing a (Christian)book, and I'm almost done with it. I've been askin God what I should do with it, since I was just writing it for fun(very nerdy).... And I suggested anime. Well I fasted and he gave my mom a vision. So with what my mom saw, it sounds like I'll definately be making this book(and the rest to come), in anime...

I'm not sure how this is going to go, but I trust in God that He'll lead me right where I need to be...

Please pray for this... For me this is a big step forward considering my age(14)... But I know He'll be right beside me... If you have any ideas on where I should start, or any advise... I'll be happy to recieve it...[/SIZE][/font]
SpreadYourWings

Location: I live in New Mexico (Can't give town... Parents orders)

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:34 pm

SpreadYourWings (post: 1380367) wrote:[font="Arial"][SIZE="3"]I'll pray for you all the way!... I'm sure this anime production will be a great success...

I'm a little new this website... But I'm a huge fan of anime... I am currently writing a (Christian)book, and I'm almost done with it. I've been askin God what I should do with it, since I was just writing it for fun(very nerdy).... And I suggested anime. Well I fasted and he gave my mom a vision. So with what my mom saw, it sounds like I'll definately be making this book(and the rest to come), in anime...

I'm not sure how this is going to go, but I trust in God that He'll lead me right where I need to be...

Please pray for this... For me this is a big step forward considering my age(14)... But I know He'll be right beside me... If you have any ideas on where I should start, or any advise... I'll be happy to recieve it...[/SIZE][/font]

That's awesome, I hope you manage it. For this particular anime, though, it hasn't come to pass. If you'll note, this thread was started back in 2007- and there unfortunately never was a release of the anime.

Good luck with your book and production, though! I hope it works out well.
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Awww....it would of been exciting if this was an anime. Oh well.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby rainbowchick_02 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:13 pm

cool :)
:3
rainbowchick_02

Postby The Doctor » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

What happened? Why was it never released?
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:04 am

Well, the first answer that comes to mind is they couldn't get anyone to produce it- or it was abandoned in the early stages of development. The website doesn't give any answers- indeed, the only thing that's been updated recently is to announce the 'Shelter of Wings' website! Honestly, it looks like the website hasn't been touched, there isn't any information about this stuff anywhere, and... well. I just think that it's been orphaned, really. So there's no definite answers to be had, merely speculation.
Atria35

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:45 pm

The Doctor wrote:What happened? Why was it never released?

I can provide a bit of an answer. My information is approaching a year old, but that's a lot more current than anything on the website.

From what I've heard, there was actually raw footage produced, but the project stalled out in the next phases. That doesn't rule out it being finished later, though it does mean we can't expect anything from this until something changes. Generally speaking, Brethren Entertainment has been scaling back their efforts and trying to gain funding to complete their main projects (they just don't update their site very well). We can wish them luck, but seeing a progression of Casting the Shadows to Light Rangers to iPhone games doesn't exactly fill me with hope.
uc pseudonym

Postby The Doctor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 pm

That is sad. Does PsychoAnn frequent the boards here anymore? Does she have any other news about it?
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Her last activity was in 2008 and I don't think she lurks very often. As for whether or not she has other news, what I just told you was what she said the last time I brought it up. From my most recent conversations with her, I somewhat doubt the situation has changed, though we weren't talking about this specifically.
uc pseudonym

Postby Colador » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Much prayers for you! It is my dream to make Christian Anime, so you aren't the only one with the dream.
Colador

Postby goldenspines » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Hello there, Colador. This thread is rather old and a bit dead, so you may not find a response here since most of the members involved in this project don't frequent CAA much anymore (because of life, etc.) and last I heard the project was put on hold.

But, please avoid grave digging threads older than 3 months old. If you want to talk about something, feel free to create a new thread if another thread about it is too old.

I wish you luck in your own en-devours and I hope you enjoy it here on CAA.
goldenspines

Postby Colador » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Alright, thanks. I probably should check the dates of the threads.... haha.
I wasn't really looking for a reply, though, so I don't really mind.
Colador

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews