New Anime Magazine

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

New Anime Magazine

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:23 am

Just letting everyone know that there's a new anime magazine out there. I found it in my local Suncoast, but it's probably all over. I haven't really had a chance to look it over yet, but it's really a magazine on interactive dvd. There's live interviews and such. Although I can already tell that I like Newtype better, it's still interesting. The cover price is $10.00, and I'm not sure if it's monthly or quarterly yet. Anyway, the first issue has a long interview with the maker/director of the Evangelion series, for those of you who are interested in that. It also looked like it had some con coverage.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby _bluerose_ » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:41 am

Hey Gypsy! Um, what's the name of the magazine?
~Rose

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:30,31
_bluerose_

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:46 am

Wow. I am an airhead today. It's Anime Play.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:36 am

And now that I've actually read the cover, it's a bi-monthy dvd magazine. I don't know if it works with standard dvd players - I've only tried it on my computer and can't imagine trying to navigate through it with arrows on a dvd remote. Although, they way they packaged the dvd was just plain dumb. It's hard to take it out the first time without scratching it, let alone putting it back, and pulling it out again. And you can tell the images on the dvd are highly, highly compressed. Well, in any case, I won't feel like I have to buy this one every month, like I do with Animerica and Newtype. That's my take, anyway.
Gypsy

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews