Tokyo Pig

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Tokyo Pig

Postby Ashley » Fri May 30, 2003 9:56 am

Originally posted by Blue October

Name: Tokyo Pig
Where to find it: Well, I have it on a local ABC Family channel, so I'm not quite sure where else it can be found...
Summary: A boy named Spencer (Isn't that just an awesome name?) has this diary he's always drawing in (and the stuff he draws comes to life), and he draws this little pink pig. (Everything else he draws, he can erase and it goes away) The pig comes to life, giving Spencer a brand new best friend. Spencer doesn't have the heart to erase Sonny Pig, so he leaves him as a pig in the real world. Sonny is always morphing into different things throughout different episodes, such as trains, giant Godzilla rip-offs... It may sound bizarre, but it is actually hilariously funny, and generally has a plot besides being cute :: cough cough HAMTARO cough cough :: There are several characters who serve no purpose and add comedy to the show, such as the weather lady. Shes always popping up adding wit and funny comments, but otherwise isn't related to the show. Anyway, its on weekends at 11 am. Pretty cool.
Ashley

Postby Spencer » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:38 pm

I was juss wonderin...Am I the only nutcase who has heard of this? Has anybody else seen this?

Also...Can I change my name? It's not serious, I'm just curious. I am not sure if anybody knows I am Spencer or not.
:)
Spencer

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:40 pm

Actually Spence, remember that trip I took to Europe a few years back? I caught Tokyo Pig in my hotel room once...I couldn't stay and watch because one, it was in German, and two, I was on my way to a schmancy fancy German restaraunt, so I wasn't about to stay around and watch anime I couldn't understand...although it did look pretty good compared to the game shows...*shudder* And two, yes you can change your name....I think.
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:06 pm

LOL--I've seen it and I thought it was hilarious (but I think I said so before...I think...) LOL I'm warped.

I knew that I was supposed to know who you were, Spencer, I just for the moment couldn't put the name with the screenname...:dizzy:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Jimmothy » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:59 am

Ive only seen one episode. Some parts were funny but others made no sence at all :drool:. Sunny the pig was the only reasone i kept watching it hes pretty cool in a wierd way:hits_self .
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby calbhach » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:59 am

Yeah, it's a little bit weird, but it's really funny! I've seen it a lot. We watch it every Saturday morning when it comes on ;)

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby andyroo » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:37 am

Man, In remember some girl at school asking me what that show was about because of some younger cousins that watched. I had never seen it nor had I even heard of it. It was difficult finding a synopsis, let alone a review, on the web. I can't say that I have ever watched it, I pretty much stay away from the Disney channels (it all started with reruns over and and over and over and thou point has been made). As for me, I'm sticking with Hamtaro.:thumb:
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:20 pm

I saw far too many previews and part of one episode... that was enough.

This might be because I'm not fond of "cute" anime (that is, one's where this is the central focus), but does anyone else think the anime isn't very good?
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:54 pm

I'll be the first to admit ABCFM does beat the commercials to death. (That, and Power Rangers...*shudders*)

To be honest, though, it's the only "cute" anime I watch. I usually don't like the others...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:58 pm

I'm not trying to derail the topic, just responding to inkhana...

I don't watch much tv in the traditional sense, but once when I was watching ABCFM they played the same sixty second commercial twice in a row. It was humorous for about three seconds and then I left.
uc pseudonym

Postby Spencer » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:02 pm

Doesn't make much sense, especially when Sunny Pig turns into stuff, but I like it. The sing-and-dance routines are funny, and they are always about different stuff. Tee hee.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:)
Spencer

TP

Postby Kenchii » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:57 pm

I watched around 5 episodes on ABC Fox Channel as well. If you are looking for Super-deformed-out-of-control-waky-fast-paced-crazyness..watch it :hits_self
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews