Anime license deals for North America

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:10 pm

I'll have to keep an eye out for it if it ever crosses my path.
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Roy Mustang wrote:Forgot to capitolize the I. :lol:

Ms. Pink, the grammer nazi is going to kill me for that one!

Col. Roy Mustang

XDD But I don't kill people! I barely even have the guts to correct them unless they specifically ask. XDD

Aleolus wrote:Anyone hear about a series called Utawarerumono?

Yes, I watched it when it was being released via fansubs. It's a pretty good series, though somewhat disappointing. I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone, though. Tenshi no Ai wrote a great review on it in the Anime Reviews section, so check it out if you'd like to look into the series. :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:22 pm

ToonDisney just liscened Digimon Savers and it is set to air Fall 2007, It will be renamed "Digimon Data Squad."

Toon Disney Licenses 5th Digimon Series for Fall 2007
ICv2 reports that Toon Disney, part of Disney's ABC Cable Network, has licensed Digimon Savers from Toei Animation for a Fall 2007 debut. Digimon Savers is the fifth Digimon creature-training television series which aired between April 2, 2006 and March 25, 2007 in Japan. Toei Animation will provide all 48 episodes to Toon Disney (under the name Digimon: Data Squad) to bring the total number of Digimon episodes to 253. The franchise earned the equivalent of $72 million in merchandising in Japan.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:02 pm

I read that earlier. What a horrible title :/ "Data Squad" just makes it sound Power Rangerish, while "Savers" was different, but not as... bleh :/
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:23 pm

XDD I know...

almost makes me wanna goo. "DIGIMON DATA SQUAD... GOOO!!!"

XD I hope that won't be the opening theme...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:15 pm

I hope so too. The US openings just seem ill in comparison to the Japanese openings of the Digimon shows.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:49 pm

As long as the theme's better than the Frontier song, I'll be able to cope

....dealing with that NAME will be a little harder, though (not that "Digimon: Savers" exactly rolls of the tongue, but still...)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Since I'm going to use this for the official license announcement thread (idea to be stickied maybe?)

AIR HAS BEEN LICENSED!!!! by ADV... according to AnimeOnDVD...

I hope the movie and Summer Specials will soon follow^^

EDIT: yup, ANN mentions the movie too^^ Still, nothing about the Summer Specials... maybe hopefully a last-disk special feature?

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:41 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Since I'm going to use this for the official license announcement thread (idea to be stickied maybe?)

AIR HAS BEEN LICENSED!!!! by ADV... according to AnimeOnDVD...

I hope the movie and Summer Specials will soon follow^^

EDIT: yup, ANN mentions the movie too^^ Still, nothing about the Summer Specials... maybe hopefully a last-disk special feature?

ajglsjhlkjhklajgsk gjkalg skalgjs;a'g;js

*cough*

You've just made this member very, very happy. XD I'm SO buying it the second it comes out. XDD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:15 am

2 other tidbits I just noticed on AnimeOnDVD:

"Air Goes Monthly (06:59 PM EDT): According to some extra information received that will delight Air fans, the release will be done on a monthly basis instead of the usual two month method.

Air Update (06:32 PM EDT): For the hardcore Air fans, we have confirmed with ADV Films that they do indeed have the license for the two episode In Summer specials that came out in 2005."

Me thinks I may wait for a thinpack and with the monthly thing, it won't be THAT long of a wait^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:25 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:AIR HAS BEEN LICENSED!!!! by ADV...

Good.

I was tired of breathing filtered.
Fish and Chips

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:2 other tidbits I just noticed on AnimeOnDVD:

"Air Goes Monthly (06:59 PM EDT): According to some extra information received that will delight Air fans, the release will be done on a monthly basis instead of the usual two month method.

Air Update (06:32 PM EDT): For the hardcore Air fans, we have confirmed with ADV Films that they do indeed have the license for the two episode In Summer specials that came out in 2005."

Me thinks I may wait for a thinpack and with the monthly thing, it won't be THAT long of a wait^^

Gah. That is excellent. XDD And that's right, I had forgotten about ADV's thinpaks. And I'm so glad they licensed the Summer Specials, I loved those! XD That's such good news, thanks for posting! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:33 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote: That's such good news, thanks for posting! XD

I'm surprised no one else has been thrilled about the news on here... Maybe they haven't noticed? Because I remember there being quite a few AIR fans on here. Heck, CAA was where i first heard about it from and everyone was "AIR this" and "AIR that" so I HAD to watch it^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:43 pm

AIR is licensed! Yay~!
I heard on ANN that Geneon licensed Saiunkonku Monogatari and will release it as The Story Of Saiukonku.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:I'm surprised no one else has been thrilled about the news on here... Maybe they haven't noticed? Because I remember there being quite a few AIR fans on here. Heck, CAA was where i first heard about it from and everyone was "AIR this" and "AIR that" so I HAD to watch it^^

I think it'd be getting more attention if there was a designated thread. I found Air here, too (thanks much, Osaka! XD), so I know there's plenty of people that would be stoked to hear this news, if they found these posts. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 11, 2007 10:58 pm

ADV Films has pick up the rights to Red Garden, Welcome to the N.H.K., Pumpkin Scissors and Magikano.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat May 12, 2007 1:41 pm

FUNimation now has Black Blood Brothers.
YES! ADV has NHK! Whooo!
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat May 26, 2007 10:51 pm

Gunbuster VS Diebuster: Aim For the Top! Gattai movie, has been pick up by Bandai Visual USA.

Also, Bandai will release a DVD version of CLAMP School Detectives.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun May 27, 2007 9:55 am

License deals everywhere... after watching so many Sailor Moon eps, I'm hoping that ONE DAY Toei will get up and finally think "hm, there ARE SM fans in North America!" I want my Sailor Stars! v_v; They only seem to be merciful to One Piece fans, though :/

Tenshi no Ai

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun May 27, 2007 12:45 pm

[quote="Tenshi no Ai"]License deals everywhere... after watching so many Sailor Moon eps, I'm hoping that ONE DAY Toei will get up and finally think "hm, there ARE SM fans in North America!" I want my Sailor Stars! v_v]

Funny thing you mention Sailor Stars,it appears that Amazon had a bootleg
boxset for sale for sometime before they were told it was bootleg.They have since taken it off.

Myself,I am waiting to get into town to see if I can get Haruhi,and also waiting for the July release of the Slayers boxset.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sun May 27, 2007 4:27 pm

Anyone know who will get Rescue Wings?
ashfire

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun May 27, 2007 4:49 pm

ashfire wrote:Anyone know who will get Rescue Wings?

So far, no one has pick up the rights to Yomigaeru Sora - Rescue Wings.

I wish someone would.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon May 28, 2007 10:02 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Funny thing you mention Sailor Stars,it appears that Amazon had a bootleg
boxset for sale for sometime before they were told it was bootleg.They have since taken it off.

Hehe I think that was funny... first they title it as "the complete official boxset" and soon changed it to "the complete bootleg boxset". Too funny^^ Although many impatient fans have been buying it...

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:38 am

More Galaxy Angel goodies!

Bandai has pick up the rights to Galaxy Angel X, Galaxy Angel AA and Galaxy Angel S.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:56 am

Not exactly a license, but getting close to one, assumingly. AnimeOnDVD:

"ADV Films Registers Kanon (09:44 PM EDT): Though as we've seen in the past, registering a domain name does not always equal a license by that company or even a license at all. It is rare however to see ADV Films registering a domain like this and not doing it through a proxy as most try to do. Newly discovered today is that they have registered the domain for Kanon TV. With their acquisition of Air TV it isn't exactly a surprise if it pans out and this will surely fuel the speculation a bit more."

I wonder (assuming they will soon be getting it) if it's just the first series or both. Funny though, shows like AIR and Kannon don't seem to be quite a... ADV title. If anything, a Geneon one.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:17 pm

Roy Mustang wrote:More Galaxy Angel goodies!

Bandai has pick up the rights to Galaxy Angel X, Galaxy Angel AA and Galaxy Angel S.

Col. Roy Mustang

That was at their A-Kon panel.

The Air TV cast list has been decided: Yukito is Vic Mignogna and Misuzu is Monica Rial.
Also ADV nabbed the domain name of Xenosaga TV.
ilikegir33

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:23 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:That was at their A-Kon panel.

The Air TV cast list has been decided: Yukito is Vic Mignogna and Misuzu is Monica Rial.
Also ADV nabbed the domain name of Xenosaga TV.

Do I have to put what con it came from or something, it was like a no brainer that it came from A-Kon?

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:29 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:The Air TV cast list has been decided: Yukito is Vic Mignogna and Misuzu is Monica Rial.

Hmmm...That could be good. After seeing FMA and a few other things where Vic Mignogna's voice is a bit different, it's obvious that he can act quite well. I'm not familiar with any of Monica Rial's work, but I think I'll at least give the dub a fair shot, even though I do love the sub. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I'm not familiar with any of Monica Rial's work, but I think I'll at least give the dub a fair shot, even though I do love the sub. XD

She did the voices of Lyra/Dante from Fullmetal Alchemist, Nozomi Kaibara from Chance Pop Session, Minamo "Nyamo" Kurosawa from Azumanga Daioh and Tamayo Kizaki from Angelic Layer.

That's just to name a few.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:02 am

Roy Mustang wrote:Do I have to put what con it came from or something, it was like a no brainer that it came from A-Kon?

Col. Roy Mustang

No you don't. I put it there just in case.
ilikegir33

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews