best anime series?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

best anime series?

Postby Christianotaku » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:19 pm

OK truly what do yo uthink is the best anime series.

my vote goes in for clamp on 3 works eh maybe 4 or 5

clover: story inceredible art incredible

magic knight rayearth: makonaaaaaaa ^.^

card captor sakura: sakura +syoaran kawaii and those who say it supports gays it doesnt it barely even acknowledges the existence of the relationship it just says it exists noramlly it doesnt support it for right or wrong.

angelic layer: kawaii

chobits: ok maybe little kinky but chii kawaii.

:dance:
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby andyroo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:35 pm

hmmm. This is a tough one because I like alot of anime, but the best...
Aha! I've got one!

Rorouni Kenshin. The stroy is very good, almost every episode ends in cliff hanger, the fight scenes don't get boring, and the dialogue doesn't get over used.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:40 pm

I'm with andryroo, this is an extremely difficult question. I'm not sure I necessarily can answer this one.

But if I had to, I'd say Naruto. For a lot of the reasons that andyroo mentioned about Rorouni Kenshin.
uc pseudonym

Postby Spencer » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:49 pm

I haven't seen very much, but from what I have seen....Wow, it's hard. I would have to give it away to Gundam Wing. The anime that started it all (for me...Dragonball was more of a bad influence to me, but i'm weird. ^^) Duo & Trowa were my faves, and the story was awesome. Endless Waltz was neat too.
:)
Spencer

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:24 pm

Wow super tough question. For me, I'd go with Gundam Wing, but geesh, there's a LOT of deserving titles. Gundam Wing set my standards really; it was a great plot with excellent characters, and the animation rocked. Plus, it was completely clean save for a few bad words. Naughty Heero. But Iria, Ronin Warriors, Trigun, Angelic layer...each of them rocked respectively. I don't know which one truly has the #1 spot in my heart.
Ashley

gundam wing?

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:11 am

gundam wing`s animation is pretty bad. I have 2 dvds of it and the qaulity is just horrible. grainy and ugly. the animation qaulity is ok but the character design and qaulity can never amount to what clamp does. and i dont like mecha animes that much. im planning to buy the rest of the gundam wing dvds to finish off my collection and the story is ok but........

the soul of space????????????

seems a little new agey to me
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:27 am

Just a thought on the entire issue. Perhaps it's impossible to name a single best anime. Like Ashley said, there are so many deserving ones.

It's kind of like trying to name best Christians. Everyone is different, they have their own style and abilities. So while (unlike Christians) there are different levels of anime, according to my theory there are some that are all equally the best, just the best in different ways.
uc pseudonym

clamp¡

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:40 am

come on doesnt anyone here like clamps work?
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am

I liked Angelic Layer, from what I've read of the manga. I haven't seen the anime yet.
Ashley

Postby minjigga » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:56 am

hmmmph. that is hard.
but i would say rurouni kenshin. and trigun. and naruto.
alll really good. great storylines. funny. move at a good pace. awesome fight scenes. cliffhangers, build ups...its all there in these three.
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:56 pm

Hmm, I enjoy some of CLAMP's works, but I don't think I'd exactly call myself a fan. I love Angelic Layer to no end, it's my second favorite anime series (second only to Iria) and my absolute manga fav. I also enjoyed the Rayearth manga, but I have yet to see the anime. But, I don't trust CLAMP as far as I can kick them. There always seems to be certain subtle themes that they slip in under their beautiful art. Ever read CLAMP's Wish? Completely horrible I thought, and I only read the first volume. I ended up returning my copy in exchange for something else. But yeah, that's my take on CLAMP. Incredible art, but you have to keep an eye on them.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Technomancer » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:22 pm

So many to pick from! But It'd have to come down between Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, and Now and Then, Here and There. They all have great stories, good characters, and quality animation. Plus you can't beat Cowboy Bebop's soudtrack.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

but.........

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:02 pm

I think wish was a great manga. basically your talking non christians here. people who probaly dont know the faith and if do they probaly have a misconception. THe whole angel thing is based on angels of another religion not on christianity. angelic bieng are not exlusive to the christian faith. plus i think wish is just a basic love story only difference is between a man and an angel. kinda liek chobits.........
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:30 pm

It wasn't the religious misconceptions that made me dislike Wish as a whole, I love fantasy just as much as the next person. It was the fact that some of the angels/demons were bisexual that really bothered me. And yes, the belief in angels is not exclusive to the Christian faith, but they called God by the name of God, angels by the name of angels, demons by demons, and satan by satan. Since that is what the Christian faith refers to all these beings as, I guess I'd have to argue that yes, CLAMP was using their own rendition of the Christian faith as a base. Yes, the whole big theme of Wish was a love story, but it was the plot around the love story that made me dislike it. And I really can't say anything about Chobits because I've never read/seen any of it.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

umm

Postby Christianotaku » Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:35 pm

actaully clamp doesnt call them angels. Its just the english translation. the actaul word they use means good and bad spirits. so they really dont use angel or demons names.
thats the way i see it

Christianotaku

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:03 pm

Well, since I read the English version, I guess I wouldn't have picked up on that. Silly me. In any case the other themes involved in Wish drive me to the point of suggesting that people find other manga to read.
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:34 pm

hmm best anime eh?

id have to say the 8th ms team which was the first and most awsome anime i saw. and thats why im here today
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby inkhana » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:44 pm

I think 8th MS was the first anime I really watched all the way through, and I still think it's a great anime. Perhaps not my all time favorite, but DEFINITELY up at the top.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews