Anime Desktop

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime Desktop

Postby Blewin » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:13 am

somebody had made this topic in another mb, i thought it's a pretty interesting one.

so, who has an anime desktop?

here're mine (two computers):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blewin

Postby Namu » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:49 am

I got one. I didn't make it, I found it at a site, but I like it anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The terrifying moldy bread incident! In elementary school, Yomi's leftover bread started rotting inside her desk! you can't imagine what happened! Not only that, but the mold had a will of its own, it was terrible! Barricading ourselves in the science prep room, we used spirit lamps and engaged in combat! Then I realized it!! If we only had the bottle of mildew remover from the bathroom, we could destroy them!!
-Tomo Takino, Azumanga Daioh
Namu

Postby deleria » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:31 am

Here's mine, and I did make it. ;)
deleria

Postby Ashley » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:48 am

here's mine. It's funny to hear mom try to pronounce it. :lol:
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:09 pm

ah the devine wind!
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby inkhana » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:15 pm

Ashley wrote:here's mine. It's funny to hear mom try to pronounce it. :lol:

Kinda like my dad, who says, "In-u-asha? What the heck is that?" :shake:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Blewin » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:40 pm

little Vash, Namu! how cute!

nice desktops guys, but i have no idea which animes are yours from, deleria and ashley.
Blewin

Postby andyroo » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:04 pm

Here's the names of the anime the wallpapers are from:
Deleria - Full Metal Panic
Ashley - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Hope that helps. :)
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby MyrrhLynn » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:21 pm

Here's mine. I found it somewhere. (gotta love Aoshi!! ;) ) Although I do make wallpapers I just put them on my site I never actually use them myself, because usually I am too sick of them to tollerate looking at them more.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby sskg0tt0 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:38 pm

this is my current one..i know its not the best..but i made it myself
sskg0tt0

Postby LorentzForce » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:57 pm

simple = good.

it's now my usual, since it's so pleasing to my eyes.
LorentzForce

Postby Blewin » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:20 am

blue.. nice colour. ;)

Aoshi and Last Exile! you guys've got the best desktop! ^.^ (no offence to others)

andyroo wrote:Here's the names of the anime the wallpapers are from:
Deleria - Full Metal Panic
Ashley - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Hope that helps. :)

thanks andyroo. I've seen FMP, but i guess i didn't recognise it coz i didn't click on the image..
Blewin

Postby Macross » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:07 am

Plz STOP puting The desktop image and put the wallpaper so other people can have Them Too!!!!!! :mutter:

If you want some cool ones look at my web site http://www.cacadoresdanoite.kit.net/wallpapers/ it´s in portuguese but it´s easy to navigate.... :thumb:
Macross

Postby sskg0tt0 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:42 pm

ooops ..ok my wallpapers are from my own site as well
it has some wallpapers from some anime thats not well liked here(hellsing&chobits),cause i do them by request.the wallpapers them selves are not bad realy.the noir ones are good i think ,and it has my last exile on in 1027 and 800

http://otto.blitzserve.net/walls.htm
sskg0tt0

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:01 pm

I can't quite figure out how to get just the desktop wallpaper file without all my computer stuff on it, since I didn't save it before I set it as wallpaper - I simply set from the site.

Anway, my current wallpaper is Detective Ash from the "A Detective Story" segement of "The Animatrix". You can get that at the Matrix website. http://www.whatisthematrix.com or http://www.theanimatrix.com The one I had just prior to the current one was also an "Animatrix" desktop - the kid in the plant pod goo from "The Second Reniasscance Part II"
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby madphilb » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:32 pm

To find your wallpaper:

- right-click on your desktop (a blank space) and pick the "properties" option at the bottom.

- I've got 98se, other MS versions might be different, but on the first screen (titled "Background" on the tab) there is a box to select the wallpaper, the current one should be highlighted.

- Most of the time that file should be in the Windows directory with the name listed.

That should be the easiest way to find it, if not you can always search your computer for the file using the name listed in that properties dialogue.

When you attach the file just browse to where the file is and attach it.

Hope that helps those in need.... sorry to say I'm still using the IRTC image from a while back "solitude"

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:39 pm

I like Lorentz's and MyrrhLynn's. Mine's just boring old Windows.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Razgriz » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:44 pm

The Last Exile one is awesome, I've got the FF7: Advent Children poster as my wallpaper.
Razgriz

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:00 pm

Sweeeettttt....
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby LorentzForce » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:40 pm

i still cannot believe i actually took a photo of the sky with a digital camera and use it as a background.

oh yeah, my wallpapers (other proper ones) would be way too big to post here. i like detail, so they are pretty big in size, with very low compression.

one is around 170KB, and other is, surprise surprise, 2MB.
LorentzForce

Postby HEDGESMFG » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:52 am

n/m I'll add it later.
HEDGESMFG

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:03 am

Macross wrote:Plz STOP puting The desktop image and put the wallpaper so other people can have Them Too!!!!!! :mutter:

Hey! No reason to use the angry face! I am happy to share Aoshi with everyone. Here is the 800x600 size. (which I had to make since the only size I have saved is the 1024x768 version ) If anyone wants the larger version just PM me and I can e-mail it to you.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

MyrrhLynn

Postby VEGETA » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:21 am

I dont use anime wall papers. I make my own.

Here is my most recent one.

http://rf.squadplayers.com/Images/forum/armyofoneblack1024.jpg

You push a man too far and sooner or later he pushes back. Something wicked this way comes. Alexander Thomason at large.

Im not popular at the zboard. IM INFAMOUS!!!

I am an American Soldier.
I will always place my mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am an american soldier.
I live by this code.

Im good enough to die for you but im not good enough to be your friend?
VEGETA

Postby KarateGirl » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:58 am

Well...i have about 126 anime wallpapers...so for your sake i won't post them all. Right now i have a Kare Kano (His And Her Circumstances) the sideways picture of them, set.
I get almost all my wall papers from http://www.we-love-anime.com
But i sotta just rip the images out and resize them in MS paint..hehe i am a horrid person. I either print screen them or right click and save picture as. If it's small i resize it or just give it a colored matting.

-KarateGirl :thumb:
KarateGirl

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:03 pm

KarateGirl wrote:Well...i have about 126 anime wallpapers...so for your sake i won't post them all. Right now i have a Kare Kano (His And Her Circumstances) the sideways picture of them, set.
I get almost all my wall papers from http://www.we-love-anime.com
But i sotta just rip the images out and resize them in MS paint..hehe i am a horrid person. :

Actually... we-love-anime is waaay more horrible then you will ever be. ;) Quite a few of the images they have there are wallpapers from other sites. They don't give the original authors credit, and in some cases they crop out the name of the author if it appears on the bottom. To me that is just plain horrible. :stressed:

MyrrhLynn

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews