The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:02 pm

thanks.You see our paper had a thing in the Friday supplement where they were
talking about animation and in the article the reporter wrote that GITS:SAC
GIG 2 was supposed to air on Saturday.Then again they're always getting
the information wrong for what's on CN.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:51 pm

Just a reminder... Beginning this weekend, Adult Swim gives it one more shot at the all-action Saturday (with one minor exception during the 5AM hour). Which means Inuyasha and FMA premieres move up a half hour. Here's the schedule (Eastern/Pacific times):

11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 Fullmetal Alchemist
12:00 FLCL
12:30 Samurai Champloo
1:00 s-CRY-ed
1:30 Cowboy Bebop
2:00-5:00 repeats
5:00 Super Milk Chan
5:30 Cartoon Planet
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:39 pm

Oh so they replace Paranoia Agent with FLCL this week?
Are they going to restart or simply begin where they left off?
(btw:I got Mamimi on TheOtaku's FLCL Personality Quiz)
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:10 pm

That's just the Saturday schedule. As far as I know everything M-Th is staying intact (which means Paranoia Agent reruns are still on at 1:30 E/P).
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Info from ANN.

Adult Swim have announced that Kakurenbo will air on Adult Swim on October 30th at Midnight (night of October 29th).

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:40 pm

Looking up the dub cast for Kakurenbo surprise Veronica Taylor is in this one.
Yeppers...the voice of Ash from Pokemon is in this dub!
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:05 pm

Looked up NGE on AS today.It will air next Thursday at 12:30 a.m. and then
repeat on Sat./Sun. at 1:30 a.m.
Does anyone know if that means that they're replacing CB with NGE?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:27 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Looked up NGE on AS today.It will air next Thursday at 12:30 a.m. and then
repeat on Sat./Sun. at 1:30 a.m.
Does anyone know if that means that they're replacing CB with NGE?

I don't know. I'm still wating to get the late Oct to Nov schedule and I still haven't found one yet.
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:36 pm

I just looked it up at the AS website.All it had was that NGE was going to repeat on
1:30 a.m. the 23.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:06 pm

From everything I've seen, it looks like Bebop will be getting a breather beginning next week.

A few other schedule changes for AS:
- Beginning Monday 10/24, Ghost in the Shell gets the M-W 1:30/4:30 slot, replacing Paranoia Agent, per AdultSwim.com
- Beginning the night of 10/31 (or the morning of 11/1, whichever way you want to look at it), Big O gets the 5AM slot, replacing Milk Chan. At 5:30, AS is set to begin running Gigantor. It hasn't yet been announced whether it's the classic 60's version or the newer Tetsujin 28 version. (Some at Toonzone are speculating it could even be the new subtitled project, though as far as I know it's purely speculation.)
- FMA begins weeknight reruns of the new season beginning Monday 10/24, per AnimeOnTV.com. It will still run M-Th at 1 & 4.

Last I've seen about Boondocks it looks like it will premiere 11/6, presumably still with the Saturday repeats beginning 11/12.

On the CN front, it looks like they've revamped the Friday late night lineup again, giving it to a rerun of the primetime Friday block. It looks like it was pretty much done with little announcement. Naruto still runs at Midnight, but otherwise the anime is gone until the very wee hours. Gundam Seed is now on at 5AM, and YuYu Hakusho (the TV-Y7 version) at 5:30, per CartoonNetwork.com.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:51 pm

Will that be the reruns from season one or will that be the second season of GITS?
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:51 pm

ahhhhhhhh so that is where GS has gone...ok..cool..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby freerock1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:00 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Will that be the reruns from season one or will that be the second season of GITS?

The M-W run beginning 10/24 is the reruns from season one. Although it's probably to help get viewers set for 2nd Gig's premiere in November.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:05 pm

So tonight should be the last night for Paranoia Agent then.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:26 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:So tonight should be the last night for Paranoia Agent then.

Yes, I finally got a schedule for the rest of this month for AS.

This wednesday's night schedule
12:30am Inuyasha (old eps)
1:00am Fullmetal Alchemist
1:30am Paranoia Agent
5:00am Super Milk Chan

This Thursday's night lineup
12:30am Neon Genesis Evangelion 1 Angel Attack
1:00amam Fullmetal Alchemist (will start showing the new eps that are being played from Sat night)
1:30am s-CRY-ed (repeat of last Saturday's ep)

Note: This will be the new Thursday night lineup for now.

This Saturday's night lineup
11:00pm Inuyasha (new eps)
11:30pm Fullmetal Alchemist (new eps)
12:00am Fooly Cooly
12:30am Samurai Champloo
1:00am s-CRY-ed (new eps)
1:30am Neon Genesis Evangelion (repeat of what was showed on Thursday night)

Next week: Monday thru Wednesday night lineup
12:30am Inuyasha (old eps)
1:00am Fullmetal Alchemist (the new eps that are being showed on Sat will now be part of the FMA weekly lineup)
1:30am Ghost in the Shell: SAC (the return of GITS:SAC)

Saturday's lineup for 10-29-2005
11:00pm Inuyasha (new eps)
11:30pm Fullmetal Alchemist (new eps)
12:00am Kakurendo: Hide and Seek (edit: misspelled it)
12:30am Samurai Champloo
1:00am s-CRY-ed (new eps)
1:30am Neon Genesis Evangelion 2 The Beast
3:00am Repeat of Kakuren: Hide and Seek
5:00AM Super Milk Chan

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:21 pm

EDIT!

The show you have listed as Kakuren: Hide and Seek is ACTUALLY called

Kakurendo: Hide and Seek

here is a pic of it... (I have no idea what this is about...) ^^;

there wasn't much info on it...

ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:33 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:EDIT!

The show you have listed as Kakuren: Hide and Seek is ACTUALLY called

Kakurendo: Hide and Seek

Thanks, I thought that I may have worded it wrong.

Also, This has been reported on ANN.

According to Adult Swim's online schedule, Gigantor will begin airing on October 31st at 5:30 am. Adult Swim will also be showing reruns of Big O at 5:00 am, replacing Super Milk Chan.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:41 pm

Thanks WINGZERO! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:27 pm

Oh and do you know what the schedule for AU for November is going to be?
mitsuki lover

Postby Rogie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:49 pm

Sorry, just want to interject here and say thanks to you guys who have kept this thread going with consistent updates. It really helps me to figure out when new shows are coming on TV or when AS changes schedules out of the blue. I'm sure it's saving many of us members a lot of time to keep up with the schedules.

Keep up the good work, guys! :thumb:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby freerock1 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:58 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Oh and do you know what the schedule for AU for November is going to be?

Looks like they're going to keep it as is, with the premieres Friday nights at midnight ET/9 PT, and the repeats Fri. night/Sat. morning at 3AM ET/Mid PT and again Sun. night/Mon. morning at 4AM ET/1 PT.

I haven't seen for certain, but since they didn't break at ep. 13 I assume they're going to keep chugging along with RahXephon. That would set up the following schedule for Nov.:

11/4
Ep 19: "Ticket to Nowhere"
Ep 20: "Interested Parties"

11/11
Ep 21: "The Mark of the Xephon"
Ep 22: "Mussion Jupiter Annilation"

11/18
Ep 23: "Eternity from Here"
Ep 24: "The Door to Tuning"

11/25:
Ep 25: "God's Uncertain Sound"
Ep 26: "Deep Away into Infinity"

And thanks, Rogie-san, for the props. (I guess I can claim part of it. ;) )

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby lj1958 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:30 am

When are they going to stop rerunning Fooly Cooly? It's getting as bad as it used to be with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop...and at least they were 1) good and 2) longer then 6 episodes.
lj1958

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:30 pm

I was just wondering about AU since I wasn't sure how much farther they had to go with RahXephon.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:51 pm

lj1958 wrote:When are they going to stop rerunning Fooly Cooly? It's getting as bad as it used to be with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop...and at least they were 1) good and 2) longer then 6 episodes.

At least by the Nov. 19. Adult Swim has announced that they'll be making some Saturday schedule changes then, including giving FLCL a rest.

mitsuki lover wrote:I was just wondering about AU since I wasn't sure how much farther they had to go with RahXephon.

I believe it's a 26 ep-er. So they should be ready to start something new for December, most likely either Cromartie or Colorful.

One positive thing about the AU run of Colorful: in the GATV interview, G4's VP of Programming said they had packaged it as 8 half-hour eps. So it doesn't look like we'll have to put up with it for more than a month.

And apparently the Saturday morning 5:30 AM eps of YuYu Hakusho are new (per Toonzone).

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:26 pm

Ok,so we're near the midpoint of RahXephon then.
As far as Colorful goes I read a review on T.H.E.M. website where they said that
the show was made up of about 7 minute eps.which is probably why G4 decided
to go for the 8 half hour package.
Cromartie should be interesting,after all how many animes that you know that have
a robot and a talking ape among it's main characters?
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we near the end of the new eps. of Inuyasha for now.I read where they're only going as far as #126 and then breaking before they
return with #127.
Also are they going to continue to rerun the week's ep. of NGE on Saturday/Sunday
at 1:30 a.m.?
btw:Has AS revealed the name of the anime that rumor has they're going to run in
sub mode yet?
mitsuki lover

Postby lj1958 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:40 am

Yep, looks like they are rerunning the Thursday ep of Eva at 1:30 on Saturday. That's what they did this last week.

It was...wierd...seeing it again. Reminds me of just how far anime has come, visually, in the last ten years. Eva looks like Astroboy now...well, except for the fight sequences. Compare Eva, visually at least, to RahXephon, which is light-years ahead in visual style and sophistication.
lj1958

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:57 pm

I know what you mean as I was thinking the same thing,even though NGE was
produced in 1996 it still feels more like an late '80s show.And then not only
contrast it with RahXephon but with Dual! that came out only a few years later
and you can still see the contrast.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:32 pm

The new Adult Swim Saturday schedule (beginning Nov. 19) is up at AdultSwim.com. It has some changes from the original premiere times AS had announced, but based on the ratings and pushes of shows I think this one makes more sense.

So, beginning Saturday, 11/19 (all times Eastern/Pacific):

11PM Fullmetal Alchemist (new)
11:30 Samurai Champloo (new)
12Mid Boondocks (encore from Sunday)
12:30 GitS: 2nd Gig (new)
1AM s-CRY-ed (new)
1:30 NGE (encore from Thursday)

Also nice to see that nearly the whole night is set to consist of new or only slightly used episodes.

One more note about the Midnight slot: Boondocks is set to take the spot on 11/12, so FLCL will not finish its full run this time around (based on the current schedule. Of course that's subject to change, and very well could given Adult Swim's reputation for on-the-fly schedule changes in the past.)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:08 pm

So that means Inuyasha will only air Mon.-Wed.until they restart up with
#127?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:34 pm

Has Gigantor started playing on AS at 5:30am , yet?

Big O was start playing again at 5:00am starting this week.

Sorry about not posting a schedule for Nov. I will post one as soon as I get the new lineup.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews