The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby freerock1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:28 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Ok I was at Animenation earlier today and they had a link to G4 talking about the new line-up.On the G4 site they say that Rahxephon is premering Sept.2 with
Cromartie High School and Colorful scheduled for some time around December or so.
They had it "fan favorites..."
Ah,correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I looked there didn't seem to be that many people who were exactly pounding down G4's doors to get Colorful on the air.

I agree with you on Colorful. Maybe they have market research to show otherwise, but I wouldn't think of it as one of the most-wanted anime series ever.

I hadn't heard about Cromartie. I give them a :thumb: on that, though I am kind of surprised ADV is licensing out so many of their Anime Network titles lately... first Eva to AS, now this. Perhaps we have a shot at seeing Noir and Full Metal Panic on a more mainstream channel yet. ]AS changes the lineup again, but will not start untill October.

Starting Saturday, October 8.

InuYasha will take the 11 p.m. spot.

Fullmetal Alchemist, which will move its premieres to 11:30 p.m.

Samurai Champloo will begin repeats Saturday, October 8 at 12:30 a.m.,
leading up to new episodes beginning November 19.

The second-season premiere of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
(2nd GIG) has been moved to Saturday, November 19 at 11 p.m.[/QUOTE]
Just for clarity... they are still supposed to begin new Fullmetal Alchemist episodes on Sept. 17th at Midnight, then move to 11:30 on Oct. 8, correct?

And I'm a little surprised that they're trying Inuyasha as the lead-off again, especially after the ratings it pulled last time. It seems AS is a glutton for punishment...

mitsuki lover wrote:Ok,so what's at Midnight(between FMA and Samurai Champloo)?

Per AdultSwim.com... and I kid you not...

Boondocks -- a repeat of the previous Sunday's episode.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:35 pm

What is...Boondocks?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby freerock1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:54 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:What is...Boondocks?

It's a new comedy based on a comic strip, known for its political and social commentary. Boondocks is set to premiere on Sunday, Oct. 2, with repeats beginning that Saturday night.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:32 am

freerock1 wrote:Just for clarity... they are still supposed to begin new Fullmetal Alchemist episodes on Sept. 17th at Midnight, then move to 11:30 on Oct. 8, correct?

And I'm a little surprised that they're trying Inuyasha as the lead-off again, especially after the ratings it pulled last time. It seems AS is a glutton for punishment.

Good question, I'm not sure really. I keep a check on that and see what I can get as a clarity on when the new eps of FMA start.

I think they want to try it one more time as put anime on at 11 pm. I think it was a bad move to try that in the summer, when the ratings are going to be down anyway. So, I think maybe they want to see if it was because of the summer that hurt them in the ratings or if it was because they had anime on at 11 pm.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:43 pm

I think the reason for airing Inuyasha so early is that they're getting into the final
season or so at last so probably want to have a better chance for people to see
the original episodes before the end.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:17 pm

Ahh I hope it works better this time...

If you ask me, Saturday night is a bad night for Anime though..I mean so many people party on Saturday nights... (I don't)

But I am happy! AS long as they show anime.. I am a very very happy person! (exspecially FMA! ^0^)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby freerock1 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:49 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:I think they want to try it one more time as put anime on at 11 pm. I think it was a bad move to try that in the summer, when the ratings are going to be down anyway. So, I think maybe they want to see if it was because of the summer that hurt them in the ratings or if it was because they had anime on at 11 pm.

Could be. I also read another theory (I think on the AS message board) that maybe they really want an all-anime night to work and are just keeping on trying it until it does work. I would think there would be some breaking point where they'd just decide it's not worth it to try anymore, but other than that I thought it made sense.

I guess the big questions in my mind are, if they're going to try for an anime lead-off, why not FMA, which has been a shown ratings success in the past? And why put a new U.S. comedy (Boondocks) right in the middle of the block to split up the anime?

I suppose they've got the market research to back up their scheduling moves; some of them just seem a bit odd to me.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:24 pm

They're actually advertising Inuyasha really hard these days.I think they want it
to be their anime flagship show.
Did anyone else see the Cosplay parody ad they had during Inuyasha yeserday
night?
It was rather hilarious and featured people cosplaying as various characters from
AS anime series.
Actually the one thing I am wondering about is what they will do when Inuyasha
finally concludes in the States.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:07 pm

Sept lineup for AS.

Mon- Wed
12:30 Inuyasha
1:00 Fullmetal Alchemist
1:30 Cowboy Bebop
3:30am to 4:30 are replays of the 12:30am-1:30 am lineup.
5:00 Lupin the 3rd
5:30 Case Closed

Thursday
1:00 Fullmetal
Reruns from from 3:00 am to 5:00 am

Sat Sept 3.
11:30 Inuyasha (new eps)
12:00 Cowboy Bebop Movie The Movie

Sat Sept 10.
12:00 Escaflowne (Movie)

Sat Sept 17.
12:00 Fullmetal Alchemist (new eps)
12:30 Samurai Champloo
1:00 s-CRY-ed (new eps)

Sunday

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (>,<) WHY!?

Postby Inuyasha&Kagome » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:45 pm

We're losing them; we're losing our precious, precious anime :sniffle: :sniffle: :sniffle: ... ... ...

Now I'll just have to buy them all. Nuts. That gets rather expensive.

Well, I hope Inuyasha turns out to be a big-time thing for them.

Also, where do you guys get your TV rating info?
Inuyasha&Kagome

Postby freerock1 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:39 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:They're actually advertising Inuyasha really hard these days.I think they want it
to be their anime flagship show.
Did anyone else see the Cosplay parody ad they had during Inuyasha yeserday
night?
It was rather hilarious and featured people cosplaying as various characters from
AS anime series.

Saw the promo. Nice to see anime getting some love from AS.

Inuyasha&Kagome wrote:Also, where do you guys get your TV rating info?

Good question... I'd like to know from some of these other guys as well (but not for the sake of scooping) ;)

Usually I get my info from toonzone.net or network websites (adultswim.com, g4tv.com, etc.) Of course sometimes I actually get it from the networks themselves. Adult Swim is usually pretty good to give upcoming show info on the air, plus they show the weekend viewer ratings almost every Sunday night. (Usually I get them online, though, anyway) :)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:57 pm

Half of my info comes from an atlanta anime mailing list group that I'm on.

Then I check toonzone.net and see if they have any updates on what maybe playing and then I check Anime news network too at times.

ANN

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby The Grammarian » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:01 am

And of course, there's always AdultSwim.com.
To all, life thou givest, to both great and small.
In all life, thou livest, the true life of all.
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree
And wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.

--Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Texan by birth, Yankee by accident of location.
The Grammarian

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:37 pm

Adult Swim and Anime Unleashed have their tentative schedules up on their
official websites(tentative because they can change).Though it's also best to
check the entire G4 schedule to make sure as some times they'll have a completely
different listing from the AU schedule.
If you can get the Cartoon Network official website try to check to see if you can
check their weekly schedule.For some strange reason I can't get on to it any
more.
But usually you'll be able to find what's on Toonami on Saturday nights.
Anime News Network doesn't really give what's on when,but it does report
what shows will be aired on what networks and when they will be airing.
I go to ANN usually to get info on shows such as who is in the voice cast and
how many episodes there are,etc.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:03 pm

Per Adultswim.com, Paranoia Agent begins a Mon-Wed run on Sept. 19 at 1:30AM ET/PT.

Everything else Mon-Wed remains as is.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:42 pm

I got this info today from atlanta anime newsgroup.

According to GATV, the English premiere of the comedy anime Bobobo-bo
Bo-bobo will be at 10:30pm on September 30, in the Toonami block.
Additionally, IGPX will bow on November 5th at 10:00 pm, also on
Toonami.

Also, Paranoia Agent will start showing on Mon.-Wed. at 1:30 & 4:30 AM
on Adult Swim on Sept. 19, while Cowboy Bebop will be moved to Sat. at
1:30 & 4:30 AM starting Sept. 17.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:05 pm

I am looking at the calendar and the 30th of this month is actually on a Friday.
Either whoever reported this was confused and meant October 1 or else
CN is doing something to their Fridays schedule.I would rather believe that they
meant the first as I can't think of CN doing anything to their Fridays after they
just celebrated ep.#100.
On the other hand Nov.5,is a Saturday.
btw:ANN reported the following:
*new episodes of Inuyasha will end with #126 and will not pick up at #127 until
some time in '06.
*a new unindenified anime will air in SUB and not DUB format.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:06 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I am looking at the calendar and the 30th of this month is actually on a Friday.
Either whoever reported this was confused and meant October 1 or else
CN is doing something to their Fridays schedule.I would rather believe that they
meant the first as I can't think of CN doing anything to their Fridays after they
just celebrated ep.#100.

This is what was said at ANN.

[quote]According to GATV, the English premiere of the comedy anime Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo will be at 10:30pm on September 30, in the Toonami block. Additionally, IGPX will bow on November 5th at 10:00 pm, also on Toonami. (We previously reported that Bobobo-bo premieres on October 1st]

ANN

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:43 pm

Again I will point out that the 30th is actually a Friday.Someone must have misheard
when they announced it since Toonami doesn't air on Friday nights.Unless CN has
decided to change the Friday schedule all around totally.Btw:I'm referring to the
7-11 block,since it seems they have already decided to ruin the 11-2 spot by
getting rid of the quality shows they had been running in that spot,especially
from Midnight to 2.To put on their new @$#$ sitcom line up on Friday they have
to replace the second airing of Zatch Bell,Duck Dodgers,Gundam Seed and
.hack//legend.
Well I for one will be starting to watch AU at Midnight Fridays whenever possible
as soon as AS starts running their @#$&$@ sitcom lineup.
Better a bad ADV series like Colorful than some of the @#*(@ sitcoms that
AS passes off as humor!
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:32 pm

My understanding was that the AS Friday Night Fix was going to be an online-only thing at adultswim.com, and that CN's Friday night TV block would remain intact, at least for now. Apparently they thought something with the Adult Swim name tagged on it would be more successful long-term than TBS' late Friday block, but CN isn't quite ready to turn Fridays over... yet.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:24 am

Again I will point out that the 30th is actually a Friday. Someone must have misheard when they announced it since Toonami doesn't air on Friday nights.Unless CN has decided to change the Friday schedule all around totally.

I'm going to check tomorrow and see what I can find out about this. But from my understanding is, they are going to keep the second airing of Zatch Bell,Duck Dodgers,Gundam Seed and .hack//legend. But they are going to give a 10:30pm preview of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on September 30 on the Friday block and then show it again on Oct 1 in the toonami block.

I think they just mess up on which block it was, since they got the info from GATV and I guess GATV didn't even check to see which block they were gong to show it.

My understanding was that the AS Friday Night Fix was going to be an online-only thing at adultswim.com.

It is. I found this today at adultswim.com

Friday night fix

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:37 pm

Well I do admit to having a temper(if I DO get mad...well let's just say that it
would make Inuaysha look mild by comparison!)so perhaps I did misread.
My friend Diane in Georgia likes Duck Dodgers so she'll be happy when I tell her
everything's kosher for now.But if they ever DO get rid of the Friday late night
line up I WILL watch AU no matter how bad it is!
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:23 pm

I'm a little surprised Wingzero didn't report this yet (where you at, bro?), but since he hasn't I guess I'll go ahead and break it...

Per adultswim.com:
    FLCL returns to Saturdays at midnight, beginning Oct. 1.

Boondocks has been pushed back to Sunday, Nov. 6. The encores are still set to air on Saturday nights at midnight beginning Nov. 12.

Changes to the 5-6 AM timeslot beginning Sept. 24: Super Milk Chan at 5, Cartoon Planet at 5:30.

AS expands to 10 PM on Sundays only, beginning Oct. 2. The expansion hour is set to run new eps of American Dad and Family Guy.

As for the Boondocks Saturday run, maybe the reason they're trying it is that the animation style is supposed to be pretty anime-looking. It still seems odd that they're sticking it right in the middle of the Saturday block, though. It will also be interesting to see if the comedy audience will accept it because of the animation style.

Not too surprised to see FLCL's quick return. It's a pretty consistent ratings performer. And apparently they're still going to try to make a go of Inu at 11 and FMA at 11:30.

A little disappointed to see Case Closed pulled. (Although I don't care a whole lot about Lupin, I know it has its fans.) I imagine they'll both be back fairly soon, if for no other reason than the small number of episodes of Milk-Chan and Cartoon Planet.

Speaking of which, very nice to see Cartoon Planet back on, albeit in the wee hours. Hopefully it will do well enough to convince AS that they don't need to go the raunch route to pull in viewers.

The Sunday 10 PM expansion has been announced for some time. No immediate news on a weeknight or Saturday expansion, but realistically can they be far behind?

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby freerock1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:44 pm

In other network news, GATV.tv recently ran an interview with Kim Manning, program manager for AS. Among the topics: returning show premieres, Eva, the extension of TV-MA, and the unnamed subtitled project. The interview is archived on their website.

Also, GATV still has an archived interview with G4's VP of Programming and Acquisitions on what's going on with Anime Unleashed. (The good news: They did say they'd be rerunning some of the old series.)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:40 pm

G4 should run AU (anime unleashed) for two hours, not one. And do it like Adult Swim, with a core show and three others rotating around it.
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:59 pm

I hope that some of the older shows AU reruns include:
*Silent Mobius
*Crest of the Stars
*Banner of the Stars
*Geneshaft
*Boogiepop Phantom
*Betterman
I need especially my Yuki Saiko and Jinto and Lafiel fixes. :lol:
Any word that they might go out and acquire Banner II and III when
they get avaible?
Also hope that Dual! makes the list.It be fun to see again.
As far as a anchor series,I think Crest of the Stars would make a great
one. :thumb:
It's been consistenly one of the most popular series on AU.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:41 pm

freerock1 wrote:I'm a little surprised Wingzero didn't report this yet (where you at, bro?)

Been sick and mostly resting this week. I found about this by e-mail on Wed and I was going to post it and then I fell asleep and forgot. :lol:

Also, there are some changes to the lineup for this Sat.

Cowboy Bebop will be seen only on Sat now at 1:30 AM

Samurai Champloo will move to 12:30 AM

Scryed moves to 1:00 AM

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:03 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Been sick and mostly resting this week. I found about this by e-mail on Wed and I was going to post it and then I fell asleep and forgot. :lol:

Glad to see you're feeling better. I was battling that a little myself this week.

mitsuki lover wrote:I hope that some of the older shows AU reruns include:
*Silent Mobius
*Crest of the Stars
*Banner of the Stars
*Geneshaft
*Boogiepop Phantom
*Betterman
I need especially my Yuki Saiko and Jinto and Lafiel fixes. :lol:
Any word that they might go out and acquire Banner II and III when
they get avaible?

They didn't really comment on which shows would be rerunning]G4 should run AU (anime unleashed) for two hours, not one. And do it like Adult Swim, with a core show and three others rotating around it.[/QUOTE]
Part of their late night strategy will probably depend on how it goes with all the new Barbed Wire Biscuit programming. When AS first launched, it was only 3 hours, 2 nights a week, with one of those nights as all repeats.

Regardless of whether the new BWB programs do well or not, though, I kind of look for AU to eventually go back to at least 5 nights a week. That's just my speculation, though.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:04 pm

I would agree with the last comment solely because there seem to be a lot of
anime fans who turn on G4 just to see AU.
btw:I was reading the paper today and they had it that GITS:SAC GIG 2
was premering on Saturday.the last time I checked wasn't it FMA that premieres
the second season on Saturday?And when does GITS return?
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:24 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:And when does GITS return?

For GITS:SAC GIG 2, Saturday, November 19 at 11 p.m.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews