Studio Ghibli fillms

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Studio Ghibli fillms

Postby Lufkin777 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:13 pm

Hey! I personaly think Studio Ghibli is the best animated fillm studio there is, BUT list the studio ghibli films you have seen, what you feel about them, and if your as sad as i am that Miyazaki is retiring?

My list is all of them... well just about all of them. So yeah. haha.
Ok thanks for the input lets get some ghibli stuff going. OH YEAH also the OSTS to their movies ROCK! ok
Gods blessings

~Lufkin~
Lufkin777

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:24 pm

Miyazaki retiring? Wow... A legend, man... That's sad, but I think it's time for someone else to step up to the plate to make thought-provoking and very non-sterotypical anime.

He's had a pretty full career.

He is working on at least 1 more project, though. I guess maybe that's his last one? I can't wait to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Yo

Postby Lufkin777 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:27 am

From what i heard that last prohject was "the cat returns" of which i did see and it is super awesome. How ever he only over saw that nothing more, so i dono maybe hes working on something else! *crosses fingers* haha.
Lufkin777

Postby Technomancer » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:06 am

Cool, we'll be showing it on Oct 3 at our club and am definately looking forward to it.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby MasterDias » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:56 pm

Miyazaki retiring? Do you have a definite article or news report you could link to that confirms this?
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:59 pm

I have seen the following:

My Neighbor Hood Totoro

Spirited Away

Graves of the Fireflies

They're the best animes I ever saw.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby Razgriz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:37 pm

I saw Totoro 100 times! It's the only movie we've ever watched in Japanese class. We also watched Mononoke, but we never got to finish it.
Razgriz

Postby otaku » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:09 am

My favorite is ghibli i own five dvds right now 2 are ghibli they are faves. as for ghibli yes grave fireflies was great and you may wanna look into his early work on future boy conan animesuki.com has them so k to download not licensed here.
otaku

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:26 pm

Studio Ghibli is what got me into anime in general, and is my most favorite works in Japanese animation. * :) I have them all, and held a Miyazaki fest last spring to watch them all over Spring break w/my friends! hehe*
Yeah, the latest one, 'The Cat Returns', is one that would have been a TV movie, but was good enough to be reg. And it was made by those under the masters to kind of teach them how to go w/o them. It's still pretty good though.* The next awaited movie should be 'Howl's Moving Castle', by Miyazaki... *I think it'll be sad to see such a legendary figure retire too...
Of all their movies (regaurdless if Miyazaki directed them) I think I like 'Grave of the Fireflies', 'Whisper of the Heart', 'Totoro', 'Princess Mononoke', and 'Ocean Waves' the best. * :) hehehe

~Annemarie <><
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby otaku » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:10 am

no i would like to see it. I dont want disney doing any more dubs they always suck. also yeah howls castle i seen some art work on a fansite and if you go to librrary its based on a book with the same title by an english woman (britain) kids book. cant wait for the movie!
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
otaku

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:35 pm

'Only Yesterday' is a cute one, with all the flashbacks to her 5th grade self... * that's sweet.
The movies that I have seen released on DVD in America are Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Kiki's, Laputa, and Grave of the Fireflies, and I think Nausicaa is next. I have no idea how long it will take for the others to come out...
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby otaku » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:15 pm

i doubt future boy conan ever will or how long it will take if it does long time but its on animesuki.com for download its awesome its licensed in iraq to but not here. just watched nausicca the dvd coming out in japan cant wait for dvd that was good movie!
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
otaku

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews