Edited Anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Edited Anime

Postby Towi Wakka » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:32 pm

Hey! Me and anime go way back but I actually wasn't really into it untill about four years ago. Recently I have been looking for places to buy some dvd's but I seem to have a problem. I really don't like a lot of the crap that they can throw into it and I want to know where I can get good edited anime. If you have any suggestions or comments PLEASE POST! :thumb:
Towi Wakka

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:16 pm

You can always watch Toonami. It has edited anime. Or if you go to http://www.ebay.com you can search for Edited Anime DvDs.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby Gypsy » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:57 pm

Or you can get some Toonami anime on dvd :P

But ebay is probably your best bet.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby madphilb » Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:15 pm

This was something I thought of a while ago, been wondering why none of the studios have done it.

Most movies at some point get edited for TV (not that TV's standard is all that great anymore), why not either sell versions of DVDs that are edited that way, or better, make it an option on the DVDs.

Recently I found a site that sells edited DVDs, but I'm not sure that Anime is on their list, it's more bigger budget stuff that's had the volume muted over "cuss" words and some scenes clipped out.

BTW

Check the reviews here (and on Anime Cafe) as they can point out some of the "safer" stuff.

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:09 pm

Hmm...

Just don't watch the ones that bug you. Well, that's all I can think of. It's illegal to edit and redistribute copyrighted material if you don't own the licence for that item.

Of course, that applys to fansubs too... Well, you can get your friends to do it for you, or something like that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews