Cowboy Bebop?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Cowboy Bebop?

Postby Kuroi Inu » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:11 pm

I'm thinking 'bout getting the whole Cowbo Bebop series on DVD from E-bay. But i've only seen the Cartoon Network edited/cut version. I was just wondering if the uncut version has alot of fanservice. I'm 15 and I can handle some blood and mild language but I don't want to invest money in it if it contains alot of unecessary trash. Can anyone help me? :)
Kuroi Inu

Postby Ashley » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:23 pm

Actually, I bought the unedited series (at animeniacs, which I think is cheaper but anyway) and I can confidently tell you it's not full of trash. There is language, there is a little blood, and there are a few Faye-service scenes, but it's mostly camera position (like her laying down on a couch or standing with her back to the camera) sort of stuff. Lasts a few seconds and isn't worth blinking over, really, and nothing raunchy. There is ONE scene with frontal nudity, but it's extremely brief, and in there for a reason. Overall, I'd defiantely recommend it.
Ashley

Postby Kuroi Inu » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:48 pm

Thanks allot, I appreciate it.:)
Kuroi Inu

Postby Saint » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:10 pm

Whats for supper? bellpeppers and beef.

cowboy bebop has some stuff, but i feel it is cleaner than a lot of PG-13 Hollywood movies. It is also an anime i have found that tons of people like. my "non-anime" friends all have seen at least one episode of CB and like it. so there you go. :)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby SangoKilala » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:51 pm

Well...there is one part with Faye where she does say the F word...but the rest is pretty much ok, blood here and there...mostly Faye scenes are to watch out for, but it's still a really cool series so it's ok to watch, my dad owns the DVD series anywho! :)
SangoKilala

Postby SangoKilala » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:53 pm

There is, although, the minors to watch out for, I had to wait a while until I good see the series as well, but it came out in America...and I only had to wait a year or two to watch it...I'm not really sure when it came out exactly, so yeah
SangoKilala

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews