Texhnolyze

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Texhnolyze

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:24 pm

Does anyone know much about this series? I loved Haibane Renmei and was intrigued by Serial Expiraments Lain, so naturally I've thought a good deal about this title. I've done a bit of looking in - not much, but wondered if any of you knew anything about it.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby glitch1501 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:42 pm

i watched the first episode....its ....interesting....i dont think its my style though...there were barely 5 words in the whole episode, and there is some mature content in it as well....

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:05 am

I'm intrigued by this anime as well. Um... glitch..what kind of mature content if you don't mind me asking?
Hitokiri

Postby initialdfreak » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:48 am

I hope its not anything bad.... I heard a lot of good things about it.
initialdfreak

Postby That Dude » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:19 pm

I have not seen it but I heard it has some nudity. I think that is the mature content that Glitch was talking about. I don't know if its detailed though.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:39 pm

Thanks for the comments - have any of you any specific comments to it - it doesn't just have to be content - plot, quality of the series, content would also be great - anything specific.

I hope there isn't any nudity - I wonder if there is what the context of it is...?
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:51 pm

yes there was nudity, i think she was a robot or something, and i think she was a prostitute...im not entirely sure because there was no speaking.

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby ClosetOtaku » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:06 am

There is nudity and a lot of violence. The overall tone is rather depressing and gets worse as the series progresses. While I am a great fan of ABe -- Haibane Renmei is by far my favorite anime series, and SE Lain is up there in my top 10 -- Texhnolyze is definitely a departure from the fairly clean and generally thoughtful and/or uplifting themes ABe has worked on in the past.

Definitely for mature audiences who don't mind a double dose of darkness.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:55 pm

Hmmmm... doesn't sound promising. So there is no sound for the most part? I'm wondering how they communicate a story silently... What is the storyline, btw?

Thanks for the content warning. I'll probably not watch this, but I'd still like to know the premise.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:07 pm

I had to force myself through the first episode, which I didn't really enjoy at all. I think I got to the 2nd episode and just gave up and deleted it. Not my slice of pie I guess. The content wasn't very good for my little mind either. >,<

I have no clue what the storyline is.... I didn't quite get it. There was a guy that got his arm cut off though. I think it was for hitting the prostitute... or maybe he killed her. I think she was his prize for winning some sort of fight. I dunno it was awhile ago and like I said I had nearly no clue what was going on.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:22 pm

wow - that doesn't sound appealing at all...
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:38 pm

I agree and most of the anime I own is sad and depressing -_-

I might have to view this one first.
Hitokiri

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:28 pm

glitch1501 (post: 302853) wrote:yes there was nudity, i think she was a robot or something, and i think she was a prostitute...im not entirely sure because there was no speaking.

She was not a robot, there are not androids in Texhnolyze. She was a prostitute. There is other nudity as well. Its a rated R or NC-17 anime in my opinion, so don't watch it if your under 17.

ClosetOtaku (post: 303128) wrote:There is nudity and a lot of violence. The overall tone is rather depressing and gets worse as the series progresses. While I am a great fan of ABe -- Haibane Renmei is by far my favorite anime series, and SE Lain is up there in my top 10 -- Texhnolyze is definitely a departure from the fairly clean and generally thoughtful and/or uplifting themes ABe has worked on in the past.

Definitely for mature audiences who don't mind a double dose of darkness.

Wow, that's rather unfair. I find it really uplifting. Its about people who survive against incredible odds. Its not for children, or even teenagers under 17. Its a mature anime. It is a very deep and thoughtful anime, more so then most of the anime out there.

Kokhiri Sojourn (post: 303420) wrote:Hmmmm... doesn't sound promising. So there is no sound for the most part? I'm wondering how they communicate a story silently... What is the storyline, btw?

Thanks for the content warning. I'll probably not watch this, but I'd still like to know the premise.

Actually its a mature anime for adults ages 17 and up. It has two beautiful sound tracks. The story is not silent, its a slow build. Its not for everyone, so don't try to watch it if it doesn't appeal to you, there are many more anime out there for you to enjoy.

Kawaiikneko (post: 303429) wrote:I had to force myself through the first episode, which I didn't really enjoy at all. I think I got to the 2nd episode and just gave up and deleted it. Not my slice of pie I guess. The content wasn't very good for my little mind either. >,<

I have no clue what the storyline is.... I didn't quite get it. There was a guy that got his arm cut off though. I think it was for hitting the prostitute... or maybe he killed her. I think she was his prize for winning some sort of fight. I dunno it was awhile ago and like I said I had nearly no clue what was going on.

First of all she was not a prostitute, she was a game promoter's girlfriend. Second of all he was forced upon her and she put her fingernail in his eye so he hit her. Third of all he did not kill her, she was present when her boyfriend cut his arm, and his leg off.

It is a mature anime for adults age 17 and up. If you are uncomfortable with thematic material, or other words I will not name, then it is not for you.
[font="Century Gothic"]Your silence is not an answer.
Onishi, Texhonlyze[/font]
cyberpunk otaku

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Phew! Cyberpunk, this is a MAJOR gravedig- this thread was born and died in 2004.
Atria35

Postby goldenspines » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Indeed, while it can be confusing at first, make sure to check the last post date of a thread before you post in it. If it's older than 6 months, then avoid posting in it. This is most likely because the topic has died down and some of the members may not care about it anymore. ^_^
Therefore, please avoid grave digging in the future and focus on the newer threads instead.

Thanks!
goldenspines

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews